Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunny Day June 23,2009

Daily discussions.
sewcarolyn

Re: Sunny Day June 23,2009

Post by sewcarolyn » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:27 pm

John and Izzy ran to the store to buy food for tonight's dinner. Izzy is cooking for John's birthday and they have it all planned. I have been having a crafty day with her now she and her Dad are going to have a cooking evening.

I just printed out the supply list for one of the classes that I am taking at the Long Beach Quilt show so time to go through my fabrics before buying.

well the cooks are back so I am going to pour a glass of wine and sit and chat with them.

VICKY--if you check back in here how far are you from Hudson? I will be there in August (or somewhere near there I think they said it is the closet town)

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:09 pm

Good evening everyone. I didn't have time to drop by this morning before work, so I checked out what all was going on after getting home. My day went pretty easy today (I'm always happy when that happens). When Randy comes in I'll fix breakfast for supper. That will make it quick and easy, then I'll be able to get in a little bit of sewing before bedtime.

Hope everyone's mamos went well.

Sandy...I took a peak at your quilt. It is gorgeous.

If there's time I'll check back later. Everyone have a great evening.

Mary

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:24 pm

Roben... beautiful pattern.... did you all see it?
http://redroosterfabrics.com/'>http://r ... brics.com/

Vagrandma... I just finished my last Southern Sisters mystery..they are funny... I looked for some that were mentioned in the book thread but guess they aren't old enough to be used books yet....

Vicky, your cutting the wrong size and Emily wanting the size reminds me of an older ( I was a teen) couple in our neighbor hood...they would start to argue and one would say to the other... Kiss me.... they would give eachother a peck and move on... I love that philosophy, and it's the only thing I remember about them.... cute huh?

Joanne, I need a reminder note on both ends... I left my coffee cup and water bottle at work... I am a mess....can't wait to see your UGRR....

Q7... family history is fun... I have a tote full of old pictures... I have no clue who most of them are.... they are probably relatives... I always tell everyone to write the names and date on the back of the picture, but then I don't even do it...

Cathy, I am so glad you had a fun weekend.

Lyn, for the charm pak you could make El's tossed 9 patch... it's almost too simple.... not sure about the Jelly roll... I have a jelly roll but don't know what to do with it either.... your DH is so lucky you are such a submissive wife....lol.....

Karon, what a blessing that you found a place.. phew...

Carolyn, happy b-day to John... and I am so glad your daughter got to come home to celebrate with you.

well, I am off to figure out dinner... DH has a little cold... so he just wanted soup and gilled cheese... hmmmm, not sure what to have. I do like Mary's suggestion of breakfast....

ttfn
Chriss
Psalm 91

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:46 pm

Good Evening....

Looooog day at work today. A new baby started. We were not expecting her until next week. Not even 3 mons old. She cried a lot....missed her mom.

Every one has moved on to hot weather. Not me. There is a light rain falling. I am sure mt turn is coming very soon!!

I see you were all busy today..I want to do some hand quilting tonight.

Later Ladies...Kathy

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:44 pm

sewcarolyn_ I think I'm about 4 hours west of the Hudson. I live right outside of Elmira, New York in Big Flats (I know my mailing address is Pine City) It's crazy I live in Big Flats, have a Pine City mailing address and have Elmira school system to deal with.

I'm about 15 minutes east of Corning, New York.

Does all this help give you the idea?

Vicky

xteacher

Post by xteacher » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:39 pm

The nursing home actually told us a month ago that they might have to close, they would let us know in a couple of days. It's been a month and we were all hoping that meant they were staying open. They asked us to not all run out and move our family members, because that would mean they would have no choice. A new company bought them, and they are building a new facility which will open in one year. However, they say they are losing too much money every month. They laid off half the staff and shut down one wing trying to save money.

Kittyquilt9292

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:48 pm

Grammiequilts, if you have a senior center or equivalent near you, they may like to have the quilting magazines, just a suggestion. I know I have a real difficult time tossing magazines.

Marilynsgrammy, who is the author of the Southern Sisters Mystery series? Sounds like fun books.

Hope everyone had a good outcome from the "girls". My girls reported well for me a coule weeks ago. That is such a blessing.

Everyone, have a great day tomorrow, I have to work, so not much sewing will happen. I did get some of my cookies decorated today, got a lot more to do and still need to bake some.

Blessings and good news for tomorrow, hugs,
carol/kittyquilt

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:36 pm

Carol, Anne George is the author of the southern sisters books... there aren't alot of them and the author passed away so there will be no more... but they are cute.... here's her web site
http://www.annegeorge.com/'>http://www.annegeorge.com/

I have just been beat by a 6 year old at a new game... we played blind old maid.. it's where the cards are all face up and you close your eyes... no peeking ( hah) and you pick up one card and without looking try to find it's match... amazing how she can see without peeking.... too fun.

good night everyone.. sleep well
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”