Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunny Day June 23,2009

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: Sunny Day June 23,2009

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:14 am

I just posted a note to my quilt guild to see if anyone wants my old quilt mags. I will take them to the meeting next month if not I will put them in the recycle and call it done. I probably will get rid of 3/4s of these mags. Hope they can find a new home. I still have a large pile of american patchwork and quilting mags from when they started this mag.Well back to the grindBBL

sharonkl

Post by sharonkl » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:16 am

Afternoon all

I too have to get the girls squished this afternoon, what a coincidence that 3 of us having it the same day. I also have to have an x-ray on my shoulder. I went to the Dr this morning for my sinuses and allergies, they have really been bothering me, anyway my shoulder has been bothering me for a few months so I figured I would ask about it. I thought I just slept on it wrong or something,it's my right one (I'm right handed) and dr said she thinks it's my rotator cuff? Can't lift my arm very high without it hurting. Probably do physical therapy and shot. fun fun
It is hot and muggy here also but I'll take this over winter any day. I like summmer though.
Kathy too funny wonder how he passed the test to be a federal employee?
When I get home I am going to try to sew on my block for swap, need to get my pkg together for sp swap, I have everyting just been lazy.
Have a great afternoon.
Sharon

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:22 am

Sharon, Just popped back in for a second and saw you are having problems with your shoulder....My sister just had surgery, 2 weeks ago, to have her rotator cuff repaired along with other things in there... My sister said, it's a piece of cake....Her surgeon went in through 4 little holes, no stitches....They also had put in a nerve block that wore off in 12 hours or so...And another thing, which we thought was funny, they hooked her up to a big water/ice jug with a hose connected to a giant ice pack on her shoulder...They said, as long as she kept it iced, there would be no swelling and very little pain...She is now in therapy and is doing very well....Right after the nerve block wore off, she said that "toothache" pain was gone.....So, other than being out of commission for awhile, so far, she's so happy she finally had it done....I just wanted you to know and not worry about surgery.....Good luck with whatever treatment....

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:53 am

Good Afternoon All

Well I came home from work but forgottomail out my cards so I had to go back out and mail them .

Boy did everyone have a lot to say today didn't bother to read everything but Im assuming everyone is haveing a good day and if im wrong Im sorry if your not .

Im going to straighten out the house watch my movie father ofthe bride the old 1 I tivedo it so I could watch it when ever I do love my old movies .

Have A Great day
Lois BBL

macdor

Post by macdor » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:24 am

Just dropped in to say HI!!!!!!!!!.

It is hot and muggy here today and storms are rolling in. Was up at 5 this morning with a storm that went threw. Don't think I will ever get use to the lighting and thunder that we get here in Fl.

Made a pair of pillow cases, and a curtain for a friend today. Along with a set of pillow cases for myself. Need to go and clean up, then it should be time of the evening news.

Have not read all the posts, but can see that everyone has been busy. After dinner will come back and read all that everyone has been doing.

Have a great evening everyone and stay safe.

DorothyM

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:39 am

I am ready for winter! The thermometer on the shaded deck out front is reading 104*. UGH!!!

I hope you ladies' boobs are feeling OK this afternoon after your mammograms.

Back to work.

vagrandma

Post by vagrandma » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:48 am

I managed to get one of my many ufos finished. I posted a pic in Photos. Now it's on to the next one but not sure if I'll start tonight or tomorrow morning. I guess I should get something going for supper before I do anything else. I got a call from the library telling me that the book "Dewey" was in and I could pick it up. I asked them about getting books from other libraries and they said that was no problem.....so that's good to know. Well gotta get supper going! Have a nice evening everyone!!

Sandy

xteacher

Post by xteacher » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:54 pm

I've been a little stressed this afternoon. About noon the local nursing home where my fil resides called to say that they have decided to close. They told us a month ago it was a possibility, but they would let us know in two days, well they didn't. Since it's been a month, I guess everyone was getting lulled into thinking they had been able to work it out. They said we had 30 days, however, we knew that 35 residents dumped into the market with only so many open beds would be an issue. Within five minutes, I had called the two in a town 30 miles away. One said they thought they had beds, but the admission clerk was at lunch. The other said they had a waiting list. I waited until almost 1:30 and the clerk had not called back, so I called again. They said have the home fax his papers and they would screen him. (I assumed it would take a few days, but she said they would probably get back to me today or tomorrow.) At 3:45 she called back and he has been accepted and the home he is in wants to transfer him TOMORROW. Well, they will take him, but I will be the one to have to see to his belongings and I cannot move his bed, tv, recliner, etc. This is really not the time to have to pull my husband out of the field. I told him that he is going to have to call the brothers. They did help us move him in last year and that's they only time they've been there. I feel like I've been spun around a few hundred times today.

I had a quilt shop trip planned with my quilting buddy, Corning, tomorrow, but we'll have to cancel because I have to drive over and sign papers and then I'm sure I'll have to go back and get his clothes, etc. I may go by in the morning and grab some of his clothing to take with me.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:09 pm

Karon, So sorry for you. The nursing home should have given you more notice.. It is good you found another place for your FIL. I have heard of several nursing homes being closed because there just isn't enough money coming in from the state to feed the residents.

I have 3 piles of magazines sitting here. I am waiting to hear from some takers, from my guild. It kills me to get rid of the magazines but I don't ever even look at them...too many. I did keep a few. I actually have space on my bookcase now.

i am back to working on my challenge quilt. BBL

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:19 pm

Well my girls survived the "Squishing" today. LOL It was not bad at all. Thank goodness the machine did not malfunction.LOL

Cindyg I am with you on wishing for Winter too! Or at least Fall! Geez it has been a booger today. Still is at 6:13. So hot & miserable. Our DSIL came to get our ladder as he is painting the trim on their house. I told him he is nuts! It is too danged hot.

Return to “Sew ins”