Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunny Day June 23,2009

Daily discussions.
momof6quilts

Re: Sunny Day June 23,2009

Post by momof6quilts » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:09 am

Well, Emily and I haven't got off to a very good start this morning. I told her the wrong size to cut the sashes(all oversized good thing!) so I corrected myself and told her the wrong size AGAIN! So I took the ruler and said here cut it on this line, she said but what size is it and I answered I don't know just cut it there. It is all going to be ok if we don't kill each other first!

Vicky

P.S. the size is 12 and 3/8 but I really didn't need to know, I figured it out for her benefit.

PSS It is NOT sunny here today :-( Yesterday was so nice! I even felt a little over heated at one point.

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:21 am

I'm taking a break...quilting the UGRR wallhanging. It's about time I did something! lol! Had a little problem...the needle started getting "stuck" in the air jamming and then breaking..put in a new needle took apart the bobbin area and cleaned it all, and it did it again! So I took off the walking foot..thought there was something wrong with it...put on the regular foot and the thing jammed again and broke another needle! After several attempts, I FINALLY looked at the threading...somehow the thread was missing the hook that goes up and down and I re-threaded it and it's fine! Holy Cow...

So, I thought I'd take a break (I really needed a cigarette by then! lol!).

Hey Chriss, maybe you need a "check list" for the mornings...you know...purse, keys, water bottle....and post it on your mirror or frig! lol!

Sandy/vagramma, you'd think in this economy that people that run quilt shops would be more considerate of their customers! That shop probably won't last very long. Our JoAnn's is getting more and more quilt-shop type fabrics in the store. Alot of quilt shops have shut down.
I read that book by Anne George, too! It's cute..!
If you want to read more books and your library doesn't have them, maybe they will "order" them from other branches....our library does that.
Oh, Vicky! You're almost done with that quilt...hang in there!! lol!

Well, it's back upstairs to sew...I've almost recovered now! See ya'll later!

Joanne:0)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:32 am

Good Morning Everyone!
Morning low clouds then sunny by 11:00. Californians refer to it as nature's airconditioning. It helps keep us cooler. It was beautiful yesterday and I am sure it will be beautiful here today as well.

I have my mammogram scheduled this morning. I am getting ready for the summer tutoring I do today then sewing this afternoon.

The last couple weeks I have been working very hard on family genealogy. It is really fascinating how much information you can gather. I realized while I was in that process that my own papers and my own life should be documented as well. In looking at my ancestors and my husband's ancestors it is the women who did not have their lives documented. It is really difficult to find out a Grandmother's maiden name. May I suggest to all of you if your Mother and Father are alive ask them the names of their grand parents and dates of birth. I have found out a lot but still am missing the maiden name. I need to get another record before I will find out, hopefully I will be able to find it.

All of us will leave behind our quilts and I think it will be a beautiful legacy.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
(((Hugs)))
Carol

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:34 am

Sandy/Vagrandma - Yes, Joanne is right. Ask to see if your library has a cooperative system of lending with others in the county. I am able to order books from a large system of libraries and can usually get anything I want.
Carol

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:43 am

Good morning everyone. Boy it is a hot one today & will be all week by the looks of the weather reports! Me & triple digits do not get along well.

Saturday I left & went to the Rig to stay with DH in the RV. Got home last night in time to mow before dark. It was a good time. All I did was eat and sit & watch TV or hand stitch on my applique. Got a total of 1 block done. LOL

Got to take my girls in for their yearly "squish" this afternoon. Hope the machine doesn't malfunction like it did when Caren/MastiffMom went last week.LOL I don't enjoy going mind ya but I don't really dread it either. ALso have to do the Bone Density test.

Well I hope all of you have a wonderful day & try to stay cool! I'm taking Sascha to the patio before it gets any warmer & she is going to get brushed. Will check in later.

Love You All

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:09 am

Going to be a Hot Day on the Lake,

Kathy - Leave your postman a note saying you wondered where you had left your sign, you had planned to take it to work....DUH.....someone needs to check if his elevator goes to the top floor!!

Joanne - sitting on the front porch sewing sounds relaxing to me!

Yesterday was drizzly so we went to Kenora, 50 miles north. Did some shopping at WalMart, Safeway and Canadian Tire. No we didn't need tires, they are more of a Mercantile with all kinds of stuff.

Then we went to the 2 Quilt Shops in town. The newer one opened a couple yrs ago and the lady is really nice. I found a charm pack "Pine Creek Crossing" by Moda that I liked. I was still looking around when DH came in & asked the lady where the "fishing dept" was. LOL He spots jelly rolls and thinks there neat and why don't I get one of those, too. I have never bought a jelly roll. She had one in the same fabric. I hesitated (fabric is MORE expensive here) but DH said "get it".....well I would be a bad wife if I didn't do what DH ask....right!

OK, I now need a pattern for jelly roll and charm pack. Any suggestions??

Going out to fish for Lake Trout later.
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:11 am

Good morning all

Just getting started with today as it will be a busy one for me - last minute stuff before we leave. DD got in last night- albeit almost 90 minutes late - which would not be bad but it was late in the night!! She is working from here today - her job allows her to take her computer and work from where ever she is.

Chriss - it usually doesn't get muggy here because it doesn't rain!! its CA!!!

Roben - Oh do I feel for you! DH just went through all of that for the same procedure!! I should have thought to go hide in mt sewing room.

Carol - I love doing genealogy too- I have been doing Family History work for a long time - my mom started many years ago getting me a head start. Using the computer to do it all on is a heck of a lot easier than the old methods of the sheets of all the families. Good luck in finding your names - Not long ago I finished typing in all the data that she gathered so it is on my computer - over 50 years worth of work - my fingers got tired and I enlisted all the rest of the family to proofread all the data as to eliminate my mistakes!!

Well off to the garage to do some laundry and then to the store to buy handtowels - DD saw the bibs I did and wants some for a friend of ours -

Have a great day - BBl - I hope
Jana

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:12 am

Update:
Sun came out :-)

Emily is happily sewing away!

I like the name change idea, Day by Day, or Our Daily Diary.

Vic

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:44 am

Hi everyone. Y'all are all busy. I'm at work. Have a sinus headache so I'm feeling blah and non-energetic. The heat could have something to do with it. I'm like Cathy - I don't do triple digit heat well. Blah blah blah. I'm hoping I perk up when I get home. Dinner will be a quick affair since it's just left-overs and then I hope to work on the pillowcases.

Hoping everyone has a great day.

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:11 am

Good afternoon from sunny, very warm SW. Pa...Well it's summer, right??? But it's so good to have sun and get some of this wetness out of here....

I've finished all the "nasty" stuff here at the house and now to have fun the rest of the day....DH has been playing in the garden...He has a plastic semi red tomato he hangs on 1 of the plants and loves to "get" the neighbors....But we are going to be having ripe ones soon....

I'm going to concentrate on fabric, thread and everything associated with quilting....Now that's a fun afternoon......

Hope all having "tests" get great results.....

Enjoy the rest of the afternoon, everyone

Return to “Sew ins”