Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

June 22,2009

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

June 22,2009

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:33 pm

Happy Monday Everyone

Just stoping in before I have to get clothes on and go to work .

I hope everyone had a good day yesterday and will have a good day today.

Im going to try and do somemore of my blocksI didn't do any yesterday.

I saw Helen had some very good news Power of prayer realy works.

Have A Great Day

Lois

luv_2quilt60

Re: June 22,2009

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:45 am

Hi Lois,
Early here...Going to be Hot today..But, I Love seeing sunshine!..Hope everyone has a good Day!....Bev

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:30 am

mornin'

it is going to be at least 90 degrees today and move into the mid 90's this week... I don't like the heat....

I need to come home after work and iron more fabric, I have a disaster area in my sewing room...lol...

hope you all have a fun day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:50 am

Good Morning, It is sunny and warm will be in the 80s I have to go grocery shopping today. Will do that after I go visit my Mom. She will fly home this evening to Florida. The Drs wanted her to stay another week but she is feeling fine and will see her own Drs . What ever she wants at this point.

I have gone through all of my fabrics and weeded out the junk. I have a giant trash bag and a scrap bag. Still a lot of ufos to get too.

Everyone have a great day....BBL

Roben

Post by Roben » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:04 am

Lois and Chriss, have a great day at work today - I hope it goes by very fast!

Bev, it'll be in the high 90's for the next few days here - sounds like a good time for me to stay indoors.

grammie, I'm glad your Mom is doing better! You can always come over here and help me weed out my fabric (I've been putting it off; seems I can always find another project to work on before I get to those tubs.)

Since it'll be so hot over the next few days, it will be a perfect time to stay in the AC and work on my newest project. DH hung a rod over the buffet in the Dining Room for me, so now I need wall hangings in a certain size. Darn ;-) means I'll have to make 'em!

Have a great day everyone!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:09 am

Roben I love organizing things....

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:30 am

Good Morning everyone! It's going to be hot, hot, hot this week here, also. I hate it too, Chriss!

Grammie, it scares me to think what is in that trash bag! Fabric? Surely you are not throwing away FABRIC!? I really need to clear out my sewing room...I save everything...every SCRAP. It is a sickness I think! lol!

We went to the family reunion on Saturday...the one where I wouldn't know anyone...well, I did know DH's half sister and her son. These men never get any information or if they do, they don't think it's important!
DH's father had two "sets" of children. 4 from a 1st marriage and 9 from his marriage to DH's mom. This reunion was from the first "set" of four children. They do it every year but this is the first we knew about it. It was a fun time...

Today, I have no plans. Except to balance the checkbook and pay some bills. DH is at the showgrounds and will be back before lunch...before it gets hot.

Joanne:0)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:36 am

Good Monday morning!

Cleaned out my sewing room yesterday. Got out everything I want to get finished up. Repacked and reorganized the boxes. Cleaned off the top of my cedar chest and now I am ready to go again. Back to sewing.

It is heating up to the mid 80's here today. June has been a really cool month here in N CA but I think that is over. I am not a heat person either so hopefully it doesn't get too bad.

Had a nice dinner with Dad last night. Just the two of us (which is normal anymore). My little sister is coming over 4th of July weekend though so help with some of his packing. He is moving into a smaller less expensive apartment.

Grammie - good to hear your Mom is improving and ready to go home.

Chriss - I am sending you my ironing also!

Off to get ready for work. Have a great day all!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:52 am

Good morning. WeSig and Grammiequilts - y'all are so industrious getting your sewing areas all de-junked. It will be hot hot hot again today. When the weather man says it will be 97* that means 102* for us out west of town. No rain still. They are saying we might have rain on Saturday. I'll be doing a rain dance all week. Working girls - have a good day.

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:20 am

cindyg, bless your heart, you REALLY need some rain down there!! When it gets hot and sticky, all I can think about is wanting it to rain...even if we don't need it! It just seems to feel better.

Return to “Sew ins”