Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Father's Day, June 21

Daily discussions.
beccasmom

Re: Happy Father's Day, June 21

Post by beccasmom » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:29 am

Good morning everyone. No plans today for me. I am just going to take it easy. I am counting down the days until I get these staples out of my neck because they are really bothering me and I have 3 more days to go.
Since I really don't have the energy yet for doing quilting I picked out a cross stitch to do to help keep me occupied.
I hope you all have a great day and stay as cool as possible. It is a good day for the pool.

BBL

Brenda

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:31 am

Good Morning and Happy Father's Day to all Dads.

Fishing was good yesterday, caught over a dozen Walleye. We can only bring in 2 per person, so we will have Walleye and Wild Rice for dinner today.

May go out and try for Lake Trout or just stay in and relax. I'm not getting much sewing done.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:32 am

Good Mornin'

what a beautiful day.... it should hit about 85 degrees here today.. I love tolerable weather... it smells like rain outside but doesn't look like rain.

my plan is to work on my barn block.... time will tell....

Lois... sounds like the perfect day to me....

Valerie, I envy you getting to take your dad to dinner all by yourself... I always need to bring the stepmom along.... I would love to have a one on one with my dad....

Q7, I hope you have a super day with DH.... sounds like a lot of fun...

Chrissy, I am thrilled for little Destiny... I just noticed that tiny is part of her name... fits perfectly doesnt' it.....please post a picture when you make her little quilt....

hi Brenda, is Becca enjoying her summer? glad you get the staples out soon....

well, I think I should fix DH breakfast for fathers day... he wants me to fix him a special supper too.... hamburgers and fries... I swear, I just give and give and give......lol...

hope you all have a wonderful day,
Chriss

Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:11 am

Good morning all. Today is just cloudy right now. I hope get some of the hearts and ribbions sister hood top done. I need to work on the sister hood now and see how big that gone to be because the hearts blocks and ribbions is going with the sister hood top too i might need more blocks for the hearts and ribbions. You all have a nice day today. Sarah

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:18 am

I will be scarce again...
Izzy is in the air as I type coming home from Boston for Father's Day :) She will be here until Friday so she will be her for John's birthday too. Gotta love Jet Blue and $89 each way flights from Boston to Long Beach CA. She starts her next co-op (internship) on Monday so it is great that she had this time.

Hug your Dads when you see them today as Carol said life is short...My Dad passed away 2/1/00 and I miss his laughter, smile advice and hugs.

We will go see John's Dad in the Rehab Center for awhile today wish we could bring him home ;(

well floors to sweep

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:21 am

Hi everyone, Hot and Muggy today. I ironed and did laundry this morning, Will go out in the garden and weed before it gets up in the 80soday. I probably will work on some applique later. I am going to see my mom today too. Hope everyone has a nice fathers day if you have a dad around you today enjoy...BBL

vagrandma

Post by vagrandma » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:42 am

Good morning all! Thanks to my great (NOT) neighbor I had to get up early.....I get up early all week and on Sunday I like to sleep in a little. But he decided at 6:30 to mow his grass and his mower is very loud!! So rude!! I think I'll clean my sewing room today. I have stuff scattered everywhere that needs put away and I want to get all my ufo's together and see what all I have. Who knows, maybe I'll work on a couple of them too. I hope everyone has a great day and a very Happy Father's day to all the Dads!!!

Sandy

xteacher

Post by xteacher » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:23 am

I've done a little light picking up around the house, don't need too much of the uglies. I have to call DH and see if there is any way he can get out of the field to go tell his dad Happy Father's Day. He's so far behind that I won't push it if he can't. The grain dryer is closed today, so he won't be able to cut wheat, and he can only spray rice until it gets really hot. Normally, I let him nap whenever he can get a little break, but he needs to go to the nursing home, today of all days. My fil does seem to have recovered from his slight stroke as they are ending his therapy.

Has there been any news on when Susanna might get to go home? I have checked in every day to see what news there is.

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:47 am

afternoon Ladies..Hubby Got a Big Breakfast..Late....So, He is a happy Man!...And for me..I am going to sew some, Iron some and maybe take a nap later ..Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads..I Miss Mine so much...He was my Rock.....Hugs Bev

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:40 am

Good afternoon y'all.

Rosebud - My son-in-law's name is Randy and today is his birthday, too.

Brenda - I'll be glad when you get those staples out. I think they would bother me, too.

I've been working on my Christmas pillowcases. I'm already sick of them but I will persevere. I think they'll be cute little gifts for my family and friends. Just stopped to have cinnamon toast. I'm taking DH to dinner later - all the kids live out of town.

Y'all have a wonderful day. Those of you with rain PLEASE send it down here.

Return to “Sew ins”