Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

GoodMorning it's Saturday June 20,2009

Daily discussions.
Irishgram

Re: GoodMorning it's Saturday June 20,2009

Post by Irishgram » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:44 pm

Hey, twice in 1 day....I've run out of steam and thought I'd play on this machine for awhile....I accomplished more than I thought I would, even cleaning and polishing the kitchen cabinets...My sewing machine is probably feeling very lonely, I haven't been sewing for a couple of days....But when I do walk by, I talk softly and tell them I'll see them soon....

All this talk about alarm clocks is funny...We have 1, sitting across the room, that has real big numbers on it so we can see it during the night....Neither one of us know how to set the darn thing...If I'm going anywhere with my DD, I always tell her to call me when she gets up..But the last time I flew, I had to be at the airport in the middle of the night so I bought a little wind up thing and sat it on my side of the bed...Of course I stared at it all night, worried that I wouldn't hear it in when it did go off....Normally, we've never had to set a clock, always up with the chickens.....

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:55 pm

Hi all my DH got the AC fixed upstairs...only took 4 trips to the HD. Well it is cooling off in the sewing room. I might finish my June barn block tonight, The pattern came in the mail today. This block was a little more challenging. If my camera worked I'd post a photo but it is broken or dead not sure, I will work up here the rest of the night. I feel good to start getting caught up on my projects. The new quilts are sitting here waiting patiently to start. I WILL NOT START ANOTHER PROJECT UNTIL I AM CAUGHT UP WITH THE UFOS BBL

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:11 pm

Judi,I am glad you stopped in here for a minute. I know you have been having quite a difficult week, I hope everything went okay yesterday (well as okay as the could)

xteacher

Post by xteacher » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:29 pm

Wow, I was going to go outside to do a little work after it cooled off.(It's almost 7:30 here.) I looked at my outside thermometer and it is still 95. So, I guess I'll wait a little longer.

xteacher

Post by xteacher » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:41 pm

It only got to 93, so I went on out. Of course, I got too hot. After I put down four of my six bags of mulch, I realized that the grass in the dog pen was taller than the dog and he was hiding. I have to use the push mower for that, and I got smoking hot. I came in and grabbed some cool water and a wet towel, I wasn't cooling down, so I went to put on dry clothes. I must have still looked pretty bad, because my DH came in from farming and told me to take a shower right now. I am feeling a little better and it has cooled off to 89 degrees at 9:30.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:14 pm

Good Night Ladies..

I have made great progress on the robe. I will be done tomorrow. It is so cute!!

xteacher..I am glad you cooled down. I know you know that you must pace yourself in the hot heat. I am glad you are better.

Night,Night...Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”