Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

GoodMorning it's Saturday June 20,2009

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

GoodMorning it's Saturday June 20,2009

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:25 am

GoodMorning All

Well it's about 6:20 and Im just sipping coffee this is late for me to just be getting out of bed .

I have to go foodshopping and then my DH and myself will head out to the gym no big plans there is suppose to be rain heading our way by noon and by then I will be sewing were jusy going to have a lazy day.

Have A Great Day whatever you decide to do.
Lois BBL

momof6quilts

Re: GoodMorning it's Saturday June 20,2009

Post by momof6quilts » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:31 am

Looks like more rain today :-( I need some sun.

I got the quilt sandwiched and pinned last night. I really wished I knew how to FM quilt. But it will just be done in the ditch (my quilts are boring) I hope to get it done today and then put the binding on so I can sew it down at fellowship time tomorrow after church.

I hope to get my daughters quilt out of the box this week and help get her jump started on it. This is what we were going to do while her sister is away, but she has kept herself busy doing puzzles and listening to The Hunchback of Notre Dame. I got lost in the book and lost interest.

Vicky

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:20 am

Good morning. We are supposed to get more rain today. Today is our 8th wedding anniversary. My husband and I are going out to dinner. We have everything we need so we don't exchange presents. We do something big every 5 years. On our 10th we are planning a trip to Tybee Island, GA. Anyway, today I am going to put together the binding for my stepdaughter's quilt. And maybe start our dog's quilt. He likes to have covers when he is napping on the couch. Hope everyone has a great day.
Suzette58
Suzette

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:39 am

Good Sunny Morning....I do not know for how long!

I am having a at home day. A little nasty, cook some chicken and make a "pink" bath robe for my DGD. My DBF's DD is having a baby shower to day. DBF will call when my present(a quilt!!)is opened. I hope they like it.

Lois....Good luck with food shopping. Yesterday I went to the cheaper produce store. I spent $50..I did get 2 packages of fish.
If we get the rain today sewing is the thing to be doing.

Vicky...Congratulations on sandwiching/pinning your quilt. For me that is the worst job. Stitch in the ditch is not boring. It brings out the design..some times FM does not do that.

Be back soon....Kathy

maggiestew

Post by maggiestew » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:20 am

Good Morning All!! Wishing some of you could send you rain my way. It's hot, hot with no rain in sight.

Lois I wish you could do my shopping too..I so dislike getting out and shopping. Well, except when it involves fabric!

Vicky, I'd bet none of your quilts are boring:) Going to get my lotto blocks in the mail today..I thought yesterday was Saturday..I guess 'cause I was off work.

Suzette, Congratulations on your anniversary hope you have a wonderful day.

Kathy..I'll be over for dinner..chicken sounds great (LOL).

Gotta go get some more coffee. Hope you all have a great day!
Maggie

xteacher

Post by xteacher » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:49 am

I'm up early for me. I have a guild workshop, but that's not why I'm up. I set the alarm for DH for 5:30 (well, I didn't see the little dot, it was on pm.) The hired hand woke us on the 2 way radio at 6:00. They have to do some spraying on the rice before the heat hits it. Then, I tried to go back to sleep, but it didn't work.

We're working on projects to sell in our "Christmas Shop" at our quilt show in October. I have been volunteered to do embrodiery for the winner ribbons. I really need them to tell me what they want, since I have a grandbaby on the way soon.

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:00 am

...and a great morning to to each of you. I have to work today, but would much rather be sewing. I am so not happy with the bottom side of the meandering on the baby quilt I am working on. Some of it turned out good, but a lot of it makes me want to say bad words. I am going to have to come up with enough money to make a platform to set on my table around my machine. That is the only thing I haven't been able to do out of the suggestions from each of you.

Suzette...Happy anniversay!

Kathy...have a good day at home. Your chicken sounds good.

Maggie...I agree, I hate to shop for anything unless it involves my fabric and/or notions.

Well, one more cup of coffee and I need to get dressed so I can make it to work on time.

Mary

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:07 am

Good Morning Everyone!
It is not quite 6:00 A.M. here on the west coast. I have always been an early riser, DH is still sleeping. I am re-sewing a button. I would like to do some machine quilting today, however I must get the food shopping, laundry done and house clean. DH and I are going on a picnic tomorrow, so we will leave right after Mass and breakfast.

Lois - I hope you can avoid the rain drops and get inside sewing before they start.

Suzette - Happy Anniversary!

Vicky - Hope you get that quilt done. Try making a 12-inch quilt sandwich to practice free motion quilting on. Draw a desogm on it so you can follow something. Your quilts are beautiful, but all of us work to expand our skills in some way.

Kathy - I am sure they will love your quilt! Since you cannot be there what a nice thing to have you DBF call you!

Maggie - Have a great day! Try to keep cool!

Xteacher - OOps! Alarm clocks can be so tricky! Have a good day.

Everyone have a wonderful day! I will stop in later!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:44 am

Tea break time....I am having my 2ed cup. I need something a little hot the sun is gone and now it is chilly and damp.

OK..I try not to go to QIAD fabric sales! BUT in the newsletter there is a sale on all green fabric. I was helpless, very helpless!!
Before I knew it I picked out 19 yards!! Green,green,green,green!!!!

Suzette..Happy Anniversary!!

Maggy...I LOVE rainy days ...but I wish I could share with you.

xteacher.....What are you doing in your workshop? Alarm clock...I have done that. I had to buy a clock with 2 alarms. The one for work never changes. The other I am very careful about changing.

Mary...Sorry you have to work..hope you can sew later.

Quilter7....you have a very busy day. Hope you can find some to quilt later.

"Tea Time" is over..I am going to do nasty work):):):

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:49 am

Good Morninge everyone!! Just a quick "look in" this morning...have to get a shower and go to a reunion where we don't even know the people at all! DH's brother is going, too...this should be interesting!! lol!

Talk later!

Joanne:0)

Return to “Sew ins”