Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

It's Friday, June 19

Daily discussions.
macdor

Re: It's Friday, June 19

Post by macdor » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:39 am

Rosie - My heart goes out to you. It is never easy, I just lost a cat that was 21 years old. I was lucky in a lot of way, he went on his own here at home while I held him. I miss him, but I go out everyday and say HI to him and ask him how his day is going. I just got a stone for him and another cat that is behind him. I still have two cat but if you love animals they all are very special.

grammiequilts - I have one cat that goes under the sofa the min. she hears thunder. My other one talks to me the whole time the storm is going on. If you ever have been in Fl. during a thunder storm, they are pretty bad. Like I'm sure that they are in other part of the country.

I took Cindy's advice and took today off because it is against the law to clean on Fridays. I went to Target and Joann's. Picked up fabric for pillow cases and some fat quarters. A couple of rulers, Pyramid ruler and the Large Flying Geese ruler. Now I have both of the flying geese rulers. Used my coupons that helped.

Need to think about dinner. Everyone have a great evening.

DorothyM

PS Has anyone heard how *T* is doing?

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:16 am

Rosie, it's never easy to deal with this. I still get teary eyed when I think of us having to put down our "Snickers" that we had for over 10 years. I held her in my arms when the vet gave her the shot. It just about tore me apart but I knew how much she was suffering. It just wasn't the quality of life that we wanted her to have anymore. Remember the happy times that you had with him and the fun times. Take you time to grieve, too. You need that. But know that he's much happier now & will be waiting for you someday with his tail wagging and a smile on his face.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:05 pm

Oh Ms Rosie, I am so sorry foryou. It hurts a lot to lose someone you love, I consider all my pets "Someone". Ms Baby Kitty is the last pet I will have, DH and I agree that it is too hard to lose them. We do love baby even though she wasn't our cat to begin with, either.

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:05 pm

Rosie my heart aches for you. We went through this over a yr ago with our 13 yr old Kelsey. It still hurts to this day & I think of her almost daily. We quilters not only have a strong passion for fabric & our quilts but for our pets as well. You did the right thing for Georgie and just try to think of him being pain free now. You have such a kind and loving heart to do that for him. You really do dear friend. Wish I could give you a big hug!

Huge Hugs & Much Love

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:24 pm

rosie so sorry to hear about your Georgie. It's never easy letting go of a loved one. My heart goes out to you. Lori
Lori 8-)

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:34 pm

Oh Rosie..so sorry to hear about Georgie. There are so many pet lovers here. This is the place to share!

Dorothy...Last month my Secret Pal gave me a Flying Geese ruler. I can't wait to give it a try. Somewhere on my next quilt there will be geese.

My hummus is made. I going to put on a little makeup and off to the party(of all woman).

Kathy

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:44 pm

Finally checking in from SW. Pa...It's been a long day, starting at 8:00 this morning with office duty at Meals on Wheels...I was there until after 1:00, then had to do some shopping ( I think leprechauns come in and take the potty paper), then I stopped to visit with the friend just back from Florida...This is the gal that asked me to finish her late Mother's quilt...She was so pleased when she saw it...Made me feel so good...I didn't get home until after 4:00...Another friend called and asked if I wanted to visit another friend and I said, I'm not leaving the house, hopefully until Sunday!

DH worked in the yard all day, cleaning up all the gravel etc., from the storm and then cutting the grass...It's unbelievable some of the things and sights you see...Some of our neighbors have lost everything...I really consider myself blessed....

Rosie, Reading your post had tears running down my cheeks...I know what you're going through...I think letting them go is probably the hardest thing, but the right thing...You know, Georgie isn't hurting any more...He's surrounded by all of our loved furbabies that have passed over the bridge....Remember all the good times.....

I think I'm headed for a long, hot bath and then to bed....
Nite, nite all

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:00 pm

Ohhhhhhhh Rosie, I'm so sorry. I still miss our Snookie every day. My DH and I took her to the vet's. DH did nothing but cry. I got down in Snookie's face and told her what a special girl she had been to us and told her what a good dog she was and that we loved her so much and then she was gone. Don took her to the car, I paid the bill, then got in the car to drive home and broke down big time. She's buried in the back yard. We cried for two solid weeks. Today I'm crying for you, Rosie.

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:29 pm

rosie....I am so sorry to hear of your sweet baby...I so understand and really know the pain.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:07 pm

hello all...

DGD and DH are up to something... I am not allowed to go in the living room... I think it has something to do with construction paper and tape.... not sure if I should be afraid or not.lol...

Dorothy, Kathy and Cindy, thanks for the kind words about my son... he was going to be an AG teacher but switched in mid stream... my dad is a retired fireman too.

Abbigail, glad you found us... we really weren't trying to hide... hope you join us here often... tell a friend....

Carolyn, I will get more pictures this weekend... and as for John... you may never see him or the LA again... I am glad he is having fun...hope you get a turn....and I never thought of a flannel sheet... hmmmmm...

Jana, yes, 12year olds are grumpy without food... but trust me so are 45 year olds....lol... and I know where Oakdale is... we went there recently for a scholarship dinner... boy has it ever grown.... I hadn't been there in over 20 years... my gosh....

Kathy, congrats on your win... it is so fun to win something isn't it???

Rosie, sorry about Georgie...

Grammie, I am so glad the service was nice... did your mom get to go?

I bought a plain white t-shirt for Marilyn to give to Jerry for fathers day... she has fabric markers and can draw picture on it for fathers day...

you all have afun night, I will try to check in later

ttfn,
Chriss

Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”