Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Thursday morning, everyone...

Daily discussions.
Irishgram

Good Thursday morning, everyone...

Post by Irishgram » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:24 pm

It's after midnight and I'm still up and will be for a few hours....In the past couple of hours, we have had the worst storm this part of Pa. has ever seen....It started with tornado warnings around 4:00, then storm/rain/flash flood warnings and then the bottom dropped out...I don't know how much rain we got but at one time, it was coming through our back yard and over the wall onto our patio so fast, it looked liked Niagra Falls...I was really scared, I figured another 1/2 inch and it would have been in the kitchen...Of course we did have a flooded basement but we can handle that...But our damage is nothing compared to others...We do have a creek and the house closest really had it bad...One of their cars was washed down the creek...The couple had been to birthing classes, she's due in July, and came home to find their house under water....My DH is in his 70s, has lived here all his life and has never seen it so bad....So now you all know why I started the post today....There will be little sleep in our neck of the woods...

I hope everyone is faring well and out of nature's wrath....

Quilter7

Re: Good Thursday morning, everyone...

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:36 pm

I am sorry you are having such severe weather! It is only 9:30 here on the west coast so I was really surprised to see the Thursday posting up already. Stay safe!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:57 pm

IrishGram that is aughfull I hope you aren't mopping up to long im in nj and I think we got a passing shower .

Today I will come home and do somemore of my star blocks .

Have a great day.
Lois

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:20 pm

Irishgram - I hope everything is OK now for you. I live in Northern Virginia and don't remember so much rain as we have gotten in the last month and a half. I'll be thinking about you.

I am waiting for my stepdaughter's quilt to be returned from the quilter. this is the first one I have sent off to be done. I can't wait. I have to get the binding sewn & pressed for it. I plan on doing that after work today. Have a great day everyone.
Suzette58
Suzette

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:47 am

We also got a LOT of rain last night, it was coming down in bucketfuls. It's pretty cool here today.

I'll be inside working on my newest project today, a row quilt with flying geese (one of my favorite blocks) and sunflowers strips (yes, my favorite flower) I'm making it for my neighbor for watching our dogs while we are away next month.

I posted pictures in "chat" this morning of my girls at their recital and one of them has me and my hubby in it. (I hate having my picture taken so it is a rarity.)

We should all pray for "T" today as I read over in chat she had another stroke.

Vicky

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:38 am

Good Morning,

we sure could use some of that rain here...our temps will be in the mid 90's this week... ugh...

Vicky, your girls are beautiful... and they look so happy....

Suzette, can't wait to see the quilt.

Lois, Carolyn, and Irishgram have a great day.

it's almost the weekend...

Chriss
Psalm 91

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:06 am

Good morning everyone! Sun is shining and we had no rain last night...sounds like Irishgram got it all!! Whew! DH said he heard that somewhere they got 30 inches of hail??? Hope the waters recede quickly and you don't have much to clean up.

It's going to be in the 90's tomorrow and most of next week will feel like August instead of June! Heat and humidity! YKKKKK!!

I'm meeting two friends that I used to work with for breakfast at Mama's Grill at 9am. We try to get together for breakfast and a chat every couple of months. I want to go to JoAnn's to use my 50% off coupon that is good for today..but it'll depend on how long we sit around gabbing! I'm watching Ryan (DGS)about noon. DH, DS and others are working at the schoolhouse on the handicap ramp..DH will do the stone work. DS will paint some.

Ya'll have been sooooo busy!! WOW! Hope Peach didn't get papered into the bathroom wall or anything...she's probably huddled in a corner somewhere trying to stay out of the way of the workmen! lol!

Talk to you all later!
Judi, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom...hugs and love to you.

Joanne:0)

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:31 am

Irishgram I hope you are ok. It is gloomy here, The Dr may let my mom come home there is nothing they can do for her there, She will have to stay here another week though. I probably won't get anything done here but you all have a great day.BBL Thanks for all the well wishes from everyone. You are the best.

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:13 am

Good morning, ya'll!

Judi, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother, your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Irishgram, wow, so sorry to hear about the severe, scary weather! Glad you and DH weren't hurt. Hope you can get your basement dried out without damage. Bless your heart!

Joanne, nope, I didn't get wallpapered! LOL! They removed all the wallpaper in the bathrooms yesterday and will paint today. DH got new fixtures for them to install today, a pretty antiqued cherry wood cabinet that holds the sink (looks like a big washbowl sitting on top of it) for the downstairs powder room. I'm excited because I'll have a place to store toilet tissue in a cabinet now! LOL! I still have one project from the heart quilt to get done, hope to work on it today but it depends on where the workmen will be working. I sure don't want to be in the basement quilting if they replace a section of drywall, all that dust. Sent another finished quilt with DH to work today for him to UPS out. I took pics of all these quilts and will post them for ya'll to see after the recipients have received them.

Hope everyone has a good day! Love, Pam

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:16 am

Irishgram - how awful. Flooding is so scary and so distructive. I'm glad you are OK.

Vicky - thanks for the heads up about *T*. I have sent up a prayer for her. I'll go to photos and look at you and your family. It's sweet of you to make a quilt for your dog sitter.

Gosh, all that rain up north. We are so hot and dry dry dry. Going to be 98 here again today. The weatherman said we might get some rain on Saturday, June 27th. I think he's just trying to give us some hope.

All you working girls - have a successful day.

Return to “Sew ins”