Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Morning June 16,2009

Daily discussions.
macdor

Re: Good Morning June 16,2009

Post by macdor » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:31 am

SewGlad - you are not the only one that hangs up their wash. Living in the south you can do it years round. This time of the years you have to doge the rain drop. Right now I don't have a dryer, will when we have our addition on that will be a bedroom. Will have the washer and dryer stacked in the walk in closet. But, when I was in NY I did hang as much wash out as I could. It is something that I have always enjoyed doing.

DorothyM

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:53 am

Towens - enjoy your quilt retreat.

Dorothy - have a blast at your quilt shops. A picture of my quilt top is in photos but it lacks the centers of the flowers. Gotta get those on there before I quilt it.

Awwww Vicky - I love your Pineapple Blossom quilt.

SewGlad - No, I don't hang my clothes out to dry. I was forced to do that growing up but now that someone invented dryers I use those instead. Besides, I don't like the way my clothes feel if they weren't dried in the dryer. That's just me.

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:53 am

Good Morning everyone!

macdor and sewglad-- I hang out my wash, especially the sheets and towels. Most all of my knit type tops so they wont keep getting shorter. lol

Chris--I have the "Walk away the pounds" series also. I think I will get those out of where ever thay last landed and do them also. The 30 minutes goes by fast, it is just getting started. There are so many buttons that need to be clicked to change from TV to the VCR. I'm always afraid of messing up the cable.

Traci---Have fun with "El"! She is so friendly. Also I want to see about joining the BOM with you and Nancy. I don't usually do applique but will be a learning process for me. I've done paper piecing, but not my favorite thing to do. However, some very nice patterns are PP so want to do a little more with that.

I haven't seen Cathy on here lately, hope she OK.

Have a great day everyone.......................

Linda
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:23 am

Checking in from sunny, warm SW. Pa...Boy you all are busy today....Not much happening in my neck of the woods....I had taxi duty this morning, taking 1 of my DGDs to her doctor's appointment and then getting an RX. When I got back home, there was a message from another gal, saying she had dug out some plants and did I want them....So DH got in the car and picked up more plants...Now to find a place to plant all this stuff....

I also hang clothes out, every chance I get..When I wake up and the sun is shinning, I try to think of something to wash...DH said the neighbors probably think I take in washings...And I always remember my Mom always saying, "We're either darn clean or darn dirty". (But she didn't say darn)...

I think it's wonderful, you gals going to the gym or working out...I should, I need to but I don't..And we also have a treadmill but I found it's great for holding clothes....

Well, I guess I'd better get my butt in gear...I have plants to plant....

Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone

xteacher

Post by xteacher » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:53 am

Well, a storm just went over us about 45 minutes ago. According to the map on weather.com, there is another cluster coming at us. This one was only dark green and yellow though, it didn't have all that ugly red and orange of the last one.

Of course, I had errands planned for today. I finally remembered to call about getting my passport renewed. They do it by appointment and she set mine for this afternoon. I wonder what they think if you look like a drowned rat in your passport photo??? I don't think an umbrella would have kept me dry in the one this morning. I thought, oh, that's three hours from now, surely it will be over by then. Ha!

I need to go get dressed, run a couple of errands here, then drive 30 miles to the post office where I'm doing this. I also have to go the health dept. there and get a copy of my birth certificate. I have the original, but since I was born in the dark ages, it didn't have a stamp on it. They let me use it for my original passport, BUT when I was ready to receive teacher retirement they would not accept it. I had to use a photo copy of the passport that I used that birth certificate to obtain. How crazy. Anyway, I thought before social security time, I really need to get a copy with a seal on it.

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:02 am

Goodafternoon everyone. Noodles swap is open for anyone to join in the fun yes im hosting the swap. Today look like rain again im so sick of rain now. Right now im gone to start on my sister hood blocks see what i do with them how i want them to be and i have the Cancer robbins and heart blocks my friends made for me i got that on the wall now see what else i want to add to it. Sarah

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:51 am

Hi all I just got back from the hospital and they are moving my Mom to ICU. She was fine this morning. Now they say lab tests came back bad and it looks like heart damage. She is 89 and has had bypass already. Oh my
My mom is doing very poorly at this time....I am headed to the hosp. They are transfering her to a bigger hosp by ambulance, If you don't hear from me you will know why/

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:47 am

Grammiequilts - I'm so sorry about your mother's condition. Hang in there - prayers going up.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:53 am

Hi all it's almost 6:00 so I guess it's evening to everyone Im just about to start cooking dinner but I just thought I would come on and read a coupel of post .

Grammie Im sorry to here that your mom is doing so poorly I hope things turn around for you prayers will go out to you and your family.

Well let me go cook BBL
Lois

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:35 pm

Hi everyone. Whew it is hot here today!~ Hope all of you are having a great day and staying cool.

Grammie my prayers have been sent for you & you Mom. Bless your heart I feel so bad. Wish I could just reach through the puter and give you a big ole Hug!

Haven't been on the computer much lately. Have had too many "life issues" going on. If yall would please, I would appreciate it if you might say a prayer for my little DGS. He is so sick with an upper respiratory infection.

Think I will work on my applique blocks this evening & do some more handstitching around the pieces. Haven't done any sewing in over a week. Hopefully tomorrow.

Have a great evening! Will pop in hopefully tomorrow.

Love You All

Return to “Sew ins”