Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday June 15

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday June 15

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:19 am

Good Morning It is going to be a beautiful day here in SE Michigan. I will be working in the garden and enjoying the day. I will sew later. I am trying to get both done along with laundry and ironing. Hope everyone is feeling better and don't work too hard...Judi

macdor

Re: Monday June 15

Post by macdor » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:42 am

Morning to all!!!!!!!!!

It will be warm here today, we are not getting the rain like we normally do this time of the year. Seems like we either get to much rain or not enough. Coming from the north I feel for all that is having very cool nasty weather for this time of the year.

Have a load of wash going. Have to go to the Chiropractor this morning, then back home and see if I can finish the boarders on the scrappy lap quilt.

I feel for the quilting sisters that have to face the Monday work day. I feel so lucky that I could take early retirement. It's nice to do the projects that have been on the back burner for awhile.

Has anyone heard how *T*'s dog doing. As most can see I'm a animal lover and have been in *T* shoes. My prayers are for her and her beloved dog.

Well, going to have another cup of coffee then hit the shower.

Everyone have a great day where every it takes you.

DorothyM

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:53 am

Morning....

hope everyone has a wonderful day... it should get up to 80degrees here...

I am getting my lunch together then will head off to work...

ttfn
Chriss
Psalm 91

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:58 am

Good Morning everyone! Foggy in SW Ohio this morning. I'll be leaving with my two friends to go to Maysville, Ky. for our monthy outing to Wal Mart, the tobacco store, and (most important!)Ponderosa Buffet for lunch!

Grammie have a nice day gardening, and Dorothy with your borders! I'll check in later today to see what's happening!

Joanne:0)

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:59 am

Chriss, we posted at the same time! Good Morning and have a good day at work!

Joanne:0)

vagrandma

Post by vagrandma » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:33 am

Good morning everyone!!! It's supposed to be nice and warm today.....no rain or thunderstorms expected...yay!! I just got home yesterday.....I've been helping my son take care of my 2 grandkids while he works for the past 2 1/2 months. His hours are so screwy it was just easier for me to stay there. Now that school is out their Mom (not a very good one in my opinion) is keeping them over the summer so I was able to go home. Now I have major "dirty word" to do which will probably take me the rest of the week to get done. After all that's done then I'm headed downstairs to my sewing room to clean it.....shouldn't take but a day or two for that. I'm planning on sewing the rest of the summer and just have me time!! It'll be nice to have quiet but I'm sure gonna miss my "babies"!!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Sandy

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:46 am

Well, I'm up. Coffee in hand. Work clothes in the dryer. Gotta start marinading some chicken breasts. A few of us girls from work are BBQ tonight.

Hope it isn't too hot here today. Not supposed to really warm up until Wed.

Have a great Monday!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:03 am

Good morning y'all.

Dorothy, I was wondering about *T*'s dog, too. I still work full time and I like coming to work most of the time. My working has allowed me to buy my half of an HQ-16 and I can buy quilt shop fabrics and anything necessary (and unnecessary) for quilting. When I retire I will probably have to cut back a great deal on my quilting expenses.

Chriss - up to 80*????? We should be so lucky. It's been almost 100* here and no rain and they are saying no rain for the next week. We are parched down here. Have a great day at work.

Joanne, sounds like a fun day with your two friends. I need to make a trip to WalMart soon myself.

Sandy, I know you'll miss your grands but just take this time and grateful for the peace and quiet. I love my grandkids to pieces but I'm so relieved when they leave - silence is golden.

WeSig - have a good day at work today. BBQ sounds good.

I'm at work so I suppose I'd best get at it. Everyone have a wonderful day and stay safe.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:24 am

Good morning to everyone!

Reading of all your high temps and humidity makes me pleased with my overcast skies and eventual 70 degrees this afternoon.

My day's journey is going to take me down Laundry Lane. And my downstairs seems to need a bit of attention, so I guess I'll be terrorizing the dog with the vacuum today, too. And let's not forget ironing. Why is it that ironing clothes is an "ugly" but ironing fabric is a joy? Any extra time will be spent packing clothes into the trailer as they come out of the dryer in preparation for our upcoming trip.

First on my agenda, though, is my usual 2-mile walk. My walking buddy is 13 days post-op from an abdominal hysterectomy, but she says she wants to give it a try, so we'll be taking it slow and easy today.

Everyone have a grand day! maryz

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:07 am

Morning All, First I have to catch up from yesterday.

Marilynsgrammy - We live in our Motorhome about 7 months a yr. We only go two places....Aransas Pass, TX (3 months) & Sioux Narrows, Ontario, Canada (4 months)....to fish. Have talked about some other travels, but the fish seem to call the DH louder than I do for adventure :) Your blocks are very nice!

Cindyg - How was the weekend? Did you go fishing?

I caught 2 large Walleye yesterday, DH 4 smaller ones.

I have a fish story from yesterday.....
I was using a bright pink jig head (made of lead with hook out the back) with a plastic grubby tail called "peanut butter & jelly" (colors are brown & purple)on the hook. I catch 1 Walleye, then after casting a few more times...Bang, had a hit and the jig was gone. Only one fish does this so quickly...Northern Pike...they have razor teeth. So, I put on a green jig and new grubby tail and fished for a couple hours. The water was real clear & I could see down 7-8 feet. We came back to where I had lost my jig, I was casting and then jigging my line at the boat & watching the jig. I cast out and as I was bringing it back in, there was a big Northern Pike with my pink jig in his mouth. I tried to get him to bite but he saw me & swam away. I cast again and guess what he following it in a second time, but I couldn't get him to bite. It was fun to watch him as he was deciding whether to take the bait or not. For those who have concern about the jig in his mouth....he will either throw it out or the metal will disintegrate and it will fall out.

I'm hand sewing a blanket stitch around the heart appliques on the doll quilt, in the evenings.
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”