Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday June 14, 2009

Daily discussions.
sewcarolyn

Re: Sunday June 14, 2009

Post by sewcarolyn » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:46 pm

I will read the posts I just scanned and saw Chriss' UGRR how pretty!!!!

the Lakers are on and I am going to listen while I sew so I will pop on in a little while....

I finished the backing for the batik wedding quilt, cut the binding and it is all folded and ready to go to the LA, I also sewed the 16 "leftover" blocks together, added 2 small borders and have a 55" square quilt top finished for John. I also finished the RR I was working on and will get it into the mail to Jan tomorrow.

We also went to the REI sale of their rental and returned equipment. We went at the end of the sale and they said everything was 50% off the marked price....I got a tent (used 1x) for Izzy that full price was originally $249 for $41 and both John and Julia got lightweight hiking shoes. Julia's were $17 (original price $110) and John's were $7.00 (original price $98). Both of the shoes needed new laces so they were "defective" I picked up a camp chair for $2.50 (originally $40). Then we picked up a couple of water bottles and it all cost us a total of $25 since I used gift cards from a student I had the one he had given me at Christmas and the one I got for the end of the year!

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:48 pm

WOW, after taking a look at EBay, my sewing room looks pretty darn good...Who said, I needed to clean....

macdor

Post by macdor » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:20 pm

Chriss - job well done with the UGRR. You should be very proud with what you have done.

Sewcarolyn - wish I could be in you conner as far as the Lakers, but I'm from Orlando so you know who I'm in favor for. Both are good teams and it could go either way.

DorothyM

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:41 pm

Good Evening....It is that sad time of day when I really feel the weekend slipping away.):):):):):

Chriss...your UGRR quilt is beautiful. I like the blue.

cindg..welcome home...now you need a little rest..LOL

quiltnewby..I am sure your Dad loves the quilt. He will think of you when ever he uses it.

*T*...Your son Mike has a fiance and she has not met you!! Silly girl. Maybe you could write her a note. WE think you are great..we could write her.

Carolyn...REI sale?? You sure picked up some good bargains.

I think I will make one of the finger pin cushion for my Secret Pal this month. Then a little rest before bed.

Later...Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:46 pm

well, I picked out some fabric for my BOM block... but am needing to wash it first, that ain't gonna happen tonight....

Thanks Val, Quiltnewby and Cindy, I like the blue too... I am excited to get this one done... If I had a sewing machine that plugged into my cig lighter I could sit and sew in my car during breaks and lunches... could you imagine....lol....

Tul, your arms can be any length you want them to be... it's all in the way you stick them out to be measured...

Thanks Carolyn, it's easy to lay blocks on top of a piece of fabric... hopefully next week it will be sewn together.... you really worked hard this weekend and also got some great bargains...

Thanks Dorothy... I just need practice being accurate... if I were to sew and cut accuratly then it would come out right... I would like to take a begining quilt class and really learn. But I keep at it because it's fun.

Think I will amke a quick salad for dinner... I told Jerry that I am starting my diet tomorrow... and he said you may as well start it tonight because I am not cooking dinner.... what a brat huh?

Oops Kathy, we posted at the same time, thanks.......and what is a finger pin cushion???

ttfn
chriss
Psalm 91

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:01 pm

Chriss...How do you tell if we posted at the same time?

A finger pin cushion is worn on your pointer finger. I down loaded the instructions from the forum in March.

Happy Quilting...Kathy

GrandmaTaz

Post by GrandmaTaz » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:11 pm

Oh Chriss those are beautiful colors.

I finally finished the baby quilt I was working on. It's the airplane pattern from El's book Victory Quilts. It gave me such a hard time, but I got it done. It's for a friends new Grandson. The Daddy is in the Air Force and works on planes and the Grandpa was in the AF so I thought the RW&B colors were perfect for the airplanes. I posted a pictre in the Photos.

Jeanne

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:09 pm

Good Night Ladies...

I am done for today...I will check in after work tomorrow..

Happy Quilting...Kathy

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:20 pm

DorothyM --the Magic are a great team it has been a good series

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:26 pm

:)

Here is a *FluFF* for the Right coasters.

*T*

Return to “Sew ins”