Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday June 14, 2009

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

Sunday June 14, 2009

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:03 am

Good Morning..

Today is my DD2 Sara's Birthday. Happy Birthday!! Sara!!

It rained last night! Clowdy and damp. I did not finish the binding last I am going to do it now with my tea.

Happy Quilting...Kathy

fabricgirl

Re: Sunday June 14, 2009

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:33 am

GoodMorning Kathy and Happy Birthday Sarah

Well Im. just sitting here with my DD she spent the night we went to the quilt show yesterday .

It was a very nice quilt show but they lacked in vendors but that didn't stop us from shopping at the ones they did have I guess the economy is affecting everyone these days.

We purchased Kaleidoscope book and two plates to go with it it was by Sharon Sebrow so we tried it out both my DD and myself had some fun .

Now today will do a little shopping before she has to head out and go home boy did this weekend fly by fast.

Have A Great Day
Lois BBL

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:41 am

My daughter, Emily, is getting baptized today! I'm so excited for her.

Tia leaves for three weeks this afternoon.

I hope to get out the sewing machine tomorrow!

Vicky

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:19 am

Just out of bed with my first cup of coffee. Going to get some laundry going and then finish up my lotto blocks. Housework next and then maybe I will watch a movie.

Have 3 quilts that need binding and may start those today.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

macdor

Post by macdor » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:27 am

Morning everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a great night last night. Preview two shows. First one was about a Psychiatrist who had flash backs to before life, is treating a patient that she thinks was in her before life. Not bad. The other show was about three dads that were divorced and taking their children to daycare. Was not impressed. But, had a great time. Nice company and good dinner.

Checked when I go home to see if *T* had posted. Was very happy that they seem to be finding out what is going on with her dog. *T* I'm glad that you were able to get a good night sleep. Please keep us up dated. You both are in my prayers.

Thanks I have two recipes that look good. Will have to make a trip to the store to pick up a couple of things.

Not sure what I will do today. Did make another pillow case yesterday. Not sure that there will be any sewing today. Moving slow today.

Everyone have a great day where ever your day takes you.

DorothyM

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:46 am

Happy Sunday all! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Lois, your weekend with your DD sounds so nice. And a great excuse for a little shopping!

Vicky, congratulations on Emily's baptism. Are you having a gathering? Or are you all partied out??

WeSig, Enjoy your movie. What are you going to watch? Folding laundry and sewing bindings are both good "TV Work".

Dorothy, sounds like God is telling you to take the day off today. Enjoy!

Kathy, how old is your Sara? Happy birthday to her! And thanks for the recipe you posted yesterday!

Today I am going to clean up my sewing room. I've finished all my UFO's (applause, please!) and now need to deal with the fall-out. Then I'm going to start packing the fifth-wheel for our 10-day camping trip to Oregon. This afternoon, we'll head to a friend's house to pick up something DH is borrowing, and probably share a glass of wine with them while we sit on their deck which overlooks Puget Sound and Mt Rainier. Just to be polite, of course! *wink*

Hope the day holds something special for everyone! maryz

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:00 am

Congratulations on the baptism and birthday. Stayed in yesterday and cleaned the Motorhome. Looks like clear, warm days this week. DH is already asking how soon we walk to the boat. Dogs have to be fed and walked again....we have to eat....etc. He's chomping at the bit!!
Lyn

maggiestew

Post by maggiestew » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:09 am

Morning all!!

It's already hot and muggy here and my air conditioner is not working. Hopefully they can get it fixed tomorrow. Today I'm going to work on our special El's Angels quilt top and my June lotto blocks. I have two fans pointed at the sewing machine so it's fun (not) trying to put blocks where they won't fly and catch all the ones that do. It's Sunday so I'm trying not to use swear words.

Have a wonderful day!!
Maggie

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:18 am

Good Morning..taking a tea & muffin break..

Lois...How nice to share a quilt show with your DD. Shopping is a bonding experience!

Vicky...God's blessing for Emily on her Baptism day.

WS ...Hope your nasty work goes fast. Zoom..Zoom
I love doing the binding because it means I am almost DONE..Good luck with yours.

Dorothy..It sound like you had a really nice night out. What type of shows did you preview and where.? Rest up.

maryz...Cleaning the sewing room is the one job I do not mind doing.
I will be picking up from the quilt I just finished.
CLAP!! CLAP!! CLAP!! Good job, good job. I wonder if I will ever be able to say this!
Your trip sounds wonderful. I love visiting my DD in TX yet a real vacation would be so nice.
Puget Sound, Mt Rainier and wine..wish I could be there!

Kathy

jameswife2003

Post by jameswife2003 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:20 am

Morning, all! We went fishing yesterday, posted a pic of DS1's first fish at my blog:
http://jameswife2003.wordpress.com/'>ht ... press.com/
Take a look if you want. We might go back out today, it depends on how much we get out of the fish we caught yesterday. Or we may just get some to freeze so we have "safe" fish for later(stuff in store not always safe for me, shellfish allergy) I might actually get some sewing in today, or at least some knitting on the way to fishing:)

purrfect-lady-APPLAUSE!!!!! I'm impressed! That has me inspired to try to finish some of mine!

Return to “Sew ins”