Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday June 12,2009

Daily discussions.
jameswife2003

Re: Friday June 12,2009

Post by jameswife2003 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:19 am

Good morning:)

Lois, sorry about the quilt shop, I hope you find somewhere to get fabric!

Lots to do today, DH had a steriod shot yesterday which somehow means everyone needs to take a trip to Wichita Falls. That includes my FIL! He doesn't want to go get it alone, and I still can't drive. Waiting on my birth certificate so I can get a new lisense. Quilting wise, I have to sew the binding to the back of the churn dash quilt. This one's for my stepmom, it's not very good, but I've promised her a better one when I get better at machine quilting(the piecing is pretty darn good if I do say so myself):)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:46 am

Good Morning Everyone!
I am sewing the last row of my project today. It should get in the mail this afternoon. (I hope!)

I have a couple errands to run this morning, so I am off!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Carol

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:47 am

A quick hello from Lake of the Woods,
I'll send the rain south.

Yesterday was our 1st day out fishing. I suggested a bay that we fished in last year. DH caught 5 large Walleye, 4 Northern Pike, 2 Small Mouth Bass & 2 White fish. Never caught White fish before. I caught 1 Northern Pike.

I arranged my heart appliques and ironed them down for the doll quilt I'm working on by hand.

Have a Good Day,
Lyn

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:48 am

Here I am, waving the PENGUIN FLAG!.....Here in SW. Pa., we're having a rainy, cool day, perfect for getting ready for the BIG game! As I've said before, I have a very hard time watching these games...Even when my grand sons played, I was a nervous wreck..But I have my supply of heart pills and hopefully I'll make it to the end with a win.....

Hopefully I'm not leaving the house today...I ran most of the day, yesterday and just need to stay home...I've gotten all those "bad word" things done and have the rest of the day to sew...DH was trying to clean up the basement (with help of 3 cats) and I think he gave up...He has a very bad arthritic back and this weather doesn't help...

Has anyone else noticed, JoAnn Fabrics didn't have a lot of fabric on their shelves...Or at least at the one I shopped at...Along the walls, where the bolts are held, were almost empty...I always get a little worried when I see empty spots.....

Sending special thoughts and prayers for "T"s furbaby.....

Enjoy the rest of the day....

GO PENGUINS!!!!!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:05 am

Purrfect - can't wait to see your pix. Having a DH underfoot really puts a cramp in our style, doesn't it, bless their hearts.

Jameswife - did you post a picture?

WeeOne - I've never fished up north. Can you eat Walleye and Pike? Good luck with the rest of your fishing. I hope to catch a few this weekend myself.

Irishgram - have fun watching the game and rooting for your team.

jameswife2003

Post by jameswife2003 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:33 am

cindyg-I have a small picture on my blog of just the top, I'll post a picture of it finished there later today after I get the binding on. I've been trying to get DS1's schoolwork printed up(it's kinda schoolwork, he is learning stuff, but he's only 4 so there isn't any pressure for him to learn anything except what he wants to, which right now is how to spell. He's learned bug, cat, Joe, and today he's working on cow)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:24 am

Whew! I just posted all my photos. What an ordeal! I'm no computer person. But DH is. And it STILL took us 1-1/2 hours! Though part of that was deleting it from the wrong spot and reposting! LOL. Live and learn. You all better enjoy those pix because I don't know if I'll EVER be able to do it again. I need an aspirin.
maryz

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:29 am

Mary I have been over there drooling at your beautiful pics! Gorgeous to say the least. Loved each pic and will go back & drool some more. Love the Cat Patrol pic of Snickers. LOL You do such a nice job on all of your projects! Thanks for sharing the pics. I still can't do it. LOL

Huge Hugs

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:31 am

Good Afternoon...

The Geek Squad has come and gone. It never seems to work out as I want it too! There will be no DVD player in the sewing room...I need a $20 something or other. The DVD in the family works great...but something happened to the VCR remote it will not program the VCR..It never fails..I need to be more in tuned to the millions of wires in my home...LOL...LOL...LOL!!

I am making progress with my borders. This quilt as you sew is a great way to make a fast quilt. I also just love the Log Cabin.

jameswife...Hope you had a good trip to Wichita..Did you stop at any quilt shops?

Carol..Good for you finishing your project.

Lyn..That is a whole lot of fish..Do you eat it?? If so how do you save it until you go home? Is your doll quilt for any one special? I love little quilts.

Irishgram..Go Penguins!!

Off to border land...Kathy

jameswife2003

Post by jameswife2003 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:58 am

Kathy, unfortunately it was just Wichita Falls, TX and the only shop I know of there is a Hancocks. DH has banned me from fabric shops until I finish his quilt(he thinks I have enough fabric, but sometimes I can talk him into letting me get more LOL) I probably do have enough fabric, at least, I have enough to finish at least the next 7 quilts I have in the works(there's more, but I know I have everything I need for those, and I'm not sure about the rest...)

Picture up at my blog!

http://jameswife2003.wordpress.com/'>ht ... press.com/

EDIT: Sorry, unfortunate only because Wichita Falls is much smaller than Wichita, Kansas so it's less likely to have a second quilt shop.

Return to “Sew ins”