Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday June 12,2009

Daily discussions.
cindyg

Re: Friday June 12,2009

Post by cindyg » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:15 am

LOL Purrfect - did you get your aspirin. Too funny.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:09 am

WHEW! The weeds are history at least some of them. I pooped out. We are meeting friends for a quick dinner before the game. I picked some radishes today they are good, Has any one ever cooked radishes? My Dh swears he seen them cooked somewhere. I never have.

jameswife2003

Post by jameswife2003 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:15 am

grammie, I don't know about regular radishes, but the Japanese stir-fry(or whatever the Japanese version of stir fry is) their daikon radishes, and it's very good. :)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:18 am

I have seen cooked radishes - look on Martha Stewart website for a recipe-

We having been learning to cook around here this morning - DGS wanted homemade biscuits and sausage gravy - well he did a great job and the biscuits were very flaky too!! Tonight we are going to make tapioca pudding - one of his favorites.

Working on a embroidery design and every time I turn it on, the phone rings for DH and since we share office space - I have to stop - maybe I will get it finished sometime!!

Off to run errands - BBl
Go Redwings!!
Jana

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:33 am

cindyg that remark from Purrfect about the asprin made me LOL too!!
Cooked radishes...hmmmmm...I've never heard of them cooked either grammie...but Jameswife's comment about stirfry made me think that maybe you could incorporate them into a stirfry. Try it! What the heck! Just make your DH "test" it! lol!
My machine is now in the hands of Sears...it's going to Tennessee! Approximately 2 weeks. But I have the old one that works fine! When I dropped it off the young man asked what was wrong with it and I told him it was the feed dogs...he said, "feeder?" I said, no, FEED DOGS and I barked. He had no clue! I hope they don't hurt my bendable light...!! My machine is the top of the line Kenmore...and it's now $449..but I got mine on sale for $399. The salesman was really knowledgable about sewing and quilting and machines....he said that the Kenmore had the "guts" of a Janome, just the case was Kenmore. I had looked at Janome and the cheapest was $750..but didn't have all the features of the Kenmore that I bought..

Well, I have not sewed a lick! DH and I took a nap after lunch and he's in the top of the shop working on his carving for the stagecoach. Soooo, I think I will mosey upstairs and see about those borders! Oh, Kathyquilts, the UGRR quilt is the Underground Railroad quilt that we made from El's book. It was a sew along that Wesignificant hosted. I made the 12 inch and the 6 inch blocks and I made a wallhanging out of the little ones...I embroidered the names of the blocks in the sashing above each block..it turned out pretty cool. I'll hang it in th log cabin during the Antique Machinery Show in August..

I'm off to see Purrfect's photos first!
See ya!

Joanne:0)

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:20 am

I hope Pepper Dog is ok...

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:44 am

I'm leaving my office now. Going to the lake for the weekend. I wish I knew about PepperDawg before leaving but that's not possible now. Y'all have a great weekend.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:18 pm

hmmmmm Redwings or Penguins... which to root for ???? I can be bribed with FQ's....lol.... Personally I don't care who wins I just hope it is a good close game... the kind where you don't even want to get up to go potty.....

Joanne, is that school ready yet? is it an old school they are remodeling? what's it for?

Mary, I saw the pictures of your quilts.. they are beautiful...

Lyn, I haven't had fresh fish since my grandpa passed away... have a bit or two for me.

JW.. how cool your boy is learing to spell... what a cool little dude.

Jana... anytime your grandson needs a taster for his buscuits and gravey let me know... I can be there in about 3 hours...

hope you all had a great day.

Chriss
Psalm 91

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:55 pm

*Hugs*

a few hours and $500 later.....

PapperDawg has what they call LS disease. You can compare it wirh scatica. Also her Right hip dysplacia has worsen.

X-Rays were taken.

No Heart-Worm YaY.
On Reglan for her stomach.
On anti-Biotics for possible digestive disease.
Right eye/face droopy and drooling on Right side might either indicate a stroke or Diabetics.
White colored tongue/gums either anemic or Liver failure.
She might have a UTI.
She had extremely low blood pressure, they had to try 3 or 4 times and only were able to get a small amt. , hopefull enough for a complete blood pannel. (Else she will need to go back to get re-stuck)

IF the blood work comes back that rules out Liver/Kidney failure, she will be switched to an increased type of pain meds, comparable with Tramodal/Ultram.

If she turnes out being Diabetic, then she might still do wel for a year or so on medications.

Doc Hibi did not have the feeling that PepperDawg is ready to give up on life, and not imediate terminal, unless the blood-work comes back to tell us more.

WOW....I am SO sorry. I'm not even thinking to say *Hi* *Bye* kiss m........ etc.

I hope I did not bore you with my ever long-winded posts.

I do want to say Thank You for all that kept PepperDawg and us in your prayers.

*T*

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:59 pm

GO TEAMS GO!!!!!

I have two border pieces out of 12 to sew...Happy****Happy

jameswife...I saw your quilt on your blog. It is beautiful and so is the baby what a cutie. I really like the sound of Wichita. I love TX because my DD2 lives there.

grammiequilts...This summer I hope to make pickled radishes..when the local ones are ready. I can not wait..Mmmmmmmm

jana..did you make the tapioca??? I love it!! It has been a while since I made it.

Joanne... Good luck with your machine):): I have heard that there is often a name brand product under a store brand. Luck you...My LQS sells Janome and they are pricey

I am off to shower then finish the borders.....Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”