Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday June 12,2009

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Re: Friday June 12,2009

Post by WeeOne » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:14 pm

Cindyg, Yes you can eat Walleye & Pike. We prefer the Walleye....they're easier to clean. Hope you catch your limit this weekend!

Kathy, we usually eat the fish here, though last year we did take home a couple Lake Trout and some Crappie. I have a Foodsaver, so I put the fish in a bag, freeze it and then suck the air out and seal. With wet food I find that freezing it in the bag, then using the Foodsaver works the best. The doll quilt is "just 'cause" and will probably stay at our home in Estes Park for the grandkids to play with when they visit. I wanted a project that I could work on when we are driving in the Motorhome and in the evening, after fishing, when I need to do something while watching TV, but don't want to get the machine out.

Chriss, I'll have some Walleye for you.

macdor

Post by macdor » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:41 pm

*T*
Thanks for letting us know what is going on with PepperDawg. I have been think about you all day. And, hoping the best. I hope that PepperDawg is resting better tonight. My prayers are there for both of you.

I had a German Shepherd that had hip dysplasia, he got to the point when he went out that he could go down the stairs, not come back up. I would go out and lift his hind legs and he would walk up with the front legs. Then I would set the back legs down and he would walk into the house. He lived to be 16, that is old for a Shepherd. We do a lot of someone that shows us the love an animal does.

Keep us informaed.

DorothyM

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:53 pm

Hello..I am done sewing for tonight. All borders on!*!*!*!
Tomorrow I will trim and make binding.

I pushed to get my BOM done for tomorrow but I am a week early. Lucky me!!LOL

*T*...I am a glad to see that your dog is not as bad as it sounded.

Kathy

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:53 pm

WAY TO GO PENGUINS! What a game....Big celebration in the "Burg" tonight.....We have the Super Bowl Champs and now the Stanley Cup....We gotta work on the Pirates......

Penguins 2
Red Wings 1

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:08 pm

JW - I had to double check on the Witchita Falls, Texas. I have been looking at Federal Census from 1920's and 1930's in Witchita Falls, Texas this week. I have a couple of Great-Uncles that lived there starting back in the 1920's. It is funny that you would mention Witchita Falls this week!

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:21 pm

*Hugs*

It's only 11:05 here on the Left coast.

I hope every one has had a super good Friday. To me it felt like Saturday, probably because Jeff has been home today.

Today is our 16th wedding anniversary. I don't think I'll ever forget all that happened on our anniversay this year.

PepperDawg is not doing well. I DO hope that Dr. Hibi and Jeff are right that she's not ready to go yet, although now that Jeff saw PepperDawg all day long today, he too now things that something is truly wrong with her, and it is not just me freaking out for no real reason.

Maybe Jeff had focussed on today making it 'special' another way, or maybe he was just in denial. He's very supportive now that he's been home from work all day and sees what I was seeing all day yesterday.

I am truly sorry, if I 'annoy' any of you with my long winded posts about my Baby. I hope you can see it as a type of venting.

I really appreciated all the PM's to me in support of my worries and concerns about PepperDawg.

I don't think I'll be sleeping very well tonight, just because I feel the need, and want to be close to PepperDawg. Even Jeff has decided to sleep downstairs with Pepper and I tonight.

We had planned to go out for Movie and a dinner for our annie, but once we saw PepperDawg having mojor problems and struggling to even be able to get a few sips of water and a few bites of food in her, we decided for Jeff to go pick up a big *Yummy* order of sushi and order a pay per view movie instead. Jeff ordered 'Slum Dog Millionare'.

Maybe I'll be back later. I DO know that we'll be back at Dr. Hibi's tomorrow.

*FluFF*

*T*

jameswife2003

Post by jameswife2003 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:55 am

Q7, that's so funny! I love little coincidenses like that(that isn't spelled right and I don't have my dictionary up...) I'm working on my family tree, so I love looking at census records:)

Kathy, Thank you:) Let me know if you come visit your DD, maybe we can meet somewhere if you come through SW OK.

Chriss, I love teaching him to spell, but it does make it harder to talk about T*O*Y*S in front of him LOL

T, I hope they figure out what is wrong with your dog, I hate it when animals are sick, poor thing:(

P.S. I didn't get a chance to get on last night, had to go get fishing stuff from the store, that's why I'm answering this morning:)

Return to “Sew ins”