Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Hi Everyone,Thursday June 11 already!!

Daily discussions.
Joannequilts

Re: Hi Everyone,Thursday June 11 already!!

Post by Joannequilts » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:37 pm

Good Evening everyone!! I've been sewing all day!! whoo hooo!!
I just need to sew on the borders for my UGRR wallhanging and it'll be ready to quilt and bind.

My sewing machine (the newest one..I only have two!)is acting weird! I had dropped the feed dogs to free motion and when I put them up again something happened and the wouldn't stay up...then the dumb thing started hopping up and down. So she goes to Sears tomorrow for a "check up"...luckily I bought the maintainence agreement (3 yrs.), so I can drop it off at the store.

I tried to PM mcmema twice and it kicked me to the sign in screen...what the heck is with this website??!!!!

Joanne:0)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:37 pm

Just saw the new listing to pre-order El's new book - Orion's star- got mine on the list!! Whoo hoo -

Tried to post some pictures and my "Sweetheart" (not at the moment)has the card reader in his desk!!! I will get it when he gets home and then try to post the pics!! growl-growl!!

Jana

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:27 pm

Good evening,

This has been an "interesting" day. DH needed new jeans and Kohl's was having a great sale, plus I had an extra 30% off coupon. Well, he got his jeans, and a new camera and a video camera and 2 shirts. Going shopping with him is always interesting.

Soooo, no sewing today, but there are still a couple of hours before bedtime. Tomorrow I will be at a lqs working on charity quilts.

Joanne, hope the machine gets better quick.

Have a good night, everyone.

Rosie

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:36 pm

Good Evening ....

I am not sure if I will get any sewing done tonight. The Geek Squad is coming tomorrow(between 8&12) So I need to do some dusting in places I have not seen since the TV went into the corner cabinet..LOL
Or I could get up a ltttle early tomorrow. I think I will shower first.

Later...Kathy

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:48 pm

Whew, it was a busy day at work and after work I went to the grocery store to get camping food. Came home and had dinner, packed food for camping and clothes. Also put away all the clean clothes. I fold them when I take them out of the dryer and put them all in a basket and when the basket gets full I take it back to our room and unload it. I'm tired. It's the heat and humidity - felt like 105* - UGH So I'm goofing off the rest of the evening.

Joanne, that stinks about your sewing machine.

I'm glad Brenda's surgery went well.

Yawn!!!!!!!!!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:03 pm

OK,,,,OK<<<<I am out of the shower AND I am not dusting!!
I am going to work on my mini BOM block. I have finished the math, now I will cut.

Later....Kathy

Glad to see Brenda's did well in surgery.

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:51 pm

*Hugs*

Quick *FluFF* here from me from NOT so sunny california.

MeQ/MarryEllen called me today. her appointment with the Doc. yesterday went very Well. (( *Hugs* to Cynthia for going with her ))
She did ask me to leave some Angel *Hugs* here for her. She misses each and every one of you, but she will get back on-line within the next day or so.

I have been at QIAD these past 2 days and had a *BLAST*. I learned a LOT and even made a few more new friends.

We're still planning for Michael to come over during July 4th weekend.

We're also preparing for Jeff to go to Norway again, which might be for an extended period of time. With all the cut backs they have made, they almost can't afford to have Jeff only go for 2 or 3 weeks. So we're trying to prepare for him to be gone for 1 to 3 months. Which means that I'll be home-bound a 'little' more since I have not regained some of my abbilities good enough for me to be driving.

I'm allready planning that if Jeff is in Norway during wild-fires that I'm not even going to wait for evacuations ORDERS, but I'll go as soon as they point to us for possible evacuations. Thatt would leave me plenty of time for either my son to get me, or call the info line for assist with evacuation procedures.

On top of that........... PepperDawg is taking a turn for the worse. I've tried to prepare myself for loosing my very own first Fur Baby, but as a lot of us know, you never really CAN be prepared for a loss of a loved-one.

I allready knew her time was heading our way late last year, in which I PM'ed CarEn to ask for her advise, which she in turn of course did. PepperDawg has been on pain meds since to keep her very comfortable and even *Happy*.

BBL

*T*

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:12 pm

Oh Ms T I am so sorry about Pepper Dog. I lost my Molly 2 1/2 yrs ago at the age of 17. I still miss her. I feel so bad for you. I hope you have someone around to be with you if needed, My DH was gone for a long time too and I hated being alone. They have to do what they have to for work but it is hard sometimes. Know that we are here for you if needed....Just prayers and encouragement from Michigan to California.

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:06 pm

:)

Well, tonight I get to sleep with PepperDawg in front of the fireplace down-stairs, so she does not have to 'battle' our stairs in need to be with us. We have an app. tomorrow at 9 am for her with her Doctor. He'll check her and for sure do at least a complete blood-work-up.

PepperDawg her Right side of her face is droopie, and she was drooling. All that in addition to the pain meds that she is on.
She started feeling poorly during the night and even insisted to be able to go potty once, a few other times she just could not make it down stairs untill this morning.

She seemed okay the first part of this day untill I noticed she was not eating or even drinking. I'm spoiling her right now untill we can get her to the Doctor. Even brought her some water which she drank from while laying down, which is a good thing.

Also, PepperDawg her gums and tongue some times turn almost white. I have a feeling that she might be anemic or maybe going into liver failure. I am a Human nurse and have NO experience What-So-Ever with Fur Babies. I am baffled by he fact that, just the thought of loosing a Fur-Baby, can feel this intense. So please bare with me while I'm going through the trial and jubilations of having a Fur-Baby.

And here I thought I knew ALL there was to learn about life at age 55. <grin> I can hear my more senior friends (and even younger ones like Alina and CarEn) on here 'snort' while I typed this.

When I called my MIL she gave me some sound advise of how to hopefully make it through the night until PepperDawg can see her Doctor. We do have a # also for an emergency clinic if needed before 9 am tomorrow morning.

*T* <==== feeling older then her TRUE age.

Return to “Sew ins”