Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

It's Friday!

Daily discussions.
Cathy32078

Re: It's Friday!

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:04 am

Happy Friday Morning! It sure is a pretty morning here. Traci I know you will have such a good time @ the Retreat this month. Be sure to take pics for us please?

Vicky I know it is a lot of preparations and work but enjoy the party and guests. Making many memories for the future. I would have to make myself a note as to where I stashed my stash so I could later find it all.

Grammie you will have that new machine all figured out in no time and will be embroidering & quilting away on it. I am so happy for you. If you do need a break...you are so welcome to come on down and I will happily supply you with whatever you need to wash a few windows here. ROFLOL

Chriss, Mary, Cindy, Sewcarolyn, Quilter7, Maryz & anybody else I missed I hope you have a great day and a wonderful weekend. Yep, I think Summer is upon us or just around the corner. Our addition & one across from us is having a Community Garage Sale Weekend. I'm staying in because the people are just nuts! They park wherever and drive insane trying to get to that next garage sale. Beats all I have ever seen! LOL I've watched people come to a screeching halt, slamming on brakes, jump out of their cars running up to the garage sale next door as if there was a prize to be a certain # to get there or something. Nuts! Besides, I have a QIAD order to arrive today & am anxious to fondle my fabric. LOL Well, got to get busy. I hope you have a great day, be safe, & find joy & laughter throughout the day.

Love You All!

PS: Have you seen the Binky Brigade Project under the Projects from the Heart? I think it is a Go if you are interested. Very easy to do.

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:46 am

Good early afternoon from overcast, warm SW. Pa...I just got home from the Meals on Wheels office. I stopped at Pizza Hut and picked 1 of those pezones they keep advertising...We could only eat 1/2 of it so guess what's on the table for dinner?????It is pretty good but wouldn't make it a steady diet.

DH has been waiting for the grass to get dry...The neighbor is mowing so that means DH HAS to get out there also....

I need to give my sister a call and see if she's needs anything and if not, then I'm heading for the sewing room. (that is, unless I just happen to fall across the bed on my way)...I'm still so darn tired from yesterday, you'd have thought I really worked....

In case anyone missed it, THE PENGUINS WON LAST NIGHT! These games are getting too much for this old heart.....

Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:57 am

Hello from my rainy afternoon!!

I am done my erands and have 1hr before I go the dentist. I am going to work on putting my blocks together.

Happy Quilting.....Kathy

macdor

Post by macdor » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:52 am

Good afternoon everyone!!!!!!!

Just made a trip to the LQS, they are having a sale and the fat quarters are on sale. I was looking for pink to make a few blocks for the breast cancer.

Chriss you get up early, when I worked I got up at 5. That was early enough for me, 4 is still the middle of the night. Bless you.

With all the talk about windows makes me feel like I should take care of mine. Just took a look they were done a couple of months ago. With all the rain we have had, and being so dry before that. Yes, they do need it again.

Tracie - I would be excited too if I was going to a Retreat with El. That is on my to do list. Please, let us know all about it and take pic's.

maryz - I could not get on the site myself this morning. I even restarted the computer.

Grammie - you will have the machine figured out in no time. How exciting. I want to go back to work part-time just so I can get a embrodering machine. When I was in the LQS they have top of the line Berina (sp). I'm dreaming again.

If I have missed anyone sorry. I wish all a good afternoon and good evening. Going to see what blocks I want to make with the pink.

DorothyM

PS Does anyone have a good websit for pillow cases?

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:03 am

Good afternoon all.....I did get 10 windows done and a little bit of gardening done. I am up in the sewing room trying to rearrange so the new machine is near the computer.

Cindy I recieved as a gift from DH a Babylock Allure plus and a softwear package.

I only wash windows in the fall to put the storm windows...and in the spring to put the screens in. I have 42 windows in "This Old House". But I actually am one of those crazy people(uh huh) who likes doing windows. (My imaginary friends tell me I have serious mental issues!!!lol)

Back to the ROOM.BBL

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:07 am

Hi all,
Just wanted to put in my 2 cents! We are trying to integrate our website software with our accounting software and have hit a glinch. If you like Batiks, now is hte time to take advantage of our mistake. Andy our webmaster is on vacation and I can't reach him until Monday to correct the problem. The problem? In our Fabric Boutique section, we just added some new Batiks. they are supposed to be priced at $6.00/yd but are $4.00/yd until we can get this fixed. So if you are crazy for batiks, go check them out.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:18 pm

hello, Jerry had a big pot of stew ready when I got home along with some soft french bread... mmmm... it was good... It seems like everytime I am finished eating dinner I start sneezing... I have no clue why... I will get up and blow my nose at least three or more times before I finish typing this post...

How fun MaryMargaret... I always wanted to learn to knit... I can double crochet... but nothing else with yarn... crazy huh?

Cindy, sneak out the back door and come on over.. you can sew here...lol.....

Thanks Carol... I think I am going to attempt the shorts this weekend... I can handle the shirt.. it is just a very short version of the dress... but the shorts.... that will be something new for me...

I love garage sales Cathy... they are just so spread out around here...

ooohhh Kathy, how was the dentist...

Carolyn, bet it was an interesting day when they picked up the mom for drugs... hope the kid is ok...

O'Dorothy ( Irishgram) thanks for the apple recipe... Jerry will try it out this weekend...

Dorothy M... yep... but I don't always get UP at 4... sometimes it runs into 4:30... it all depends on the snooze alarm... lol.

Grammie, your imaginary friends tell me the same thing about myself... makes you wonder what is really real and what isn't

Linda... you temptress.... here I go, on my way to the websale at QIAD.... ugh
Psalm 91

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:36 pm

Hello Quilters!!

My trip to the dentist was great. I had an old filling replaced. I love my dentist. He thinks I am funny and gives me all the pain killed I want.

I got some work on my baby quilt...And I am here to do some more.
It would be great if I could get done & mailed next Friday. The baby shower is the 20th.

Later....Kathy

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:33 pm

I'm thru frogging and am getting up the nerve to try again.

It sounds like everyone has a busy and/or exciting weekend planned. I just need to get this blasted quilt finished and do some major "nasty word" in the living room.

Is anyone going to Indiana for El's classes in July. She will be in Mirian at the Quilters' Hall of Fame anniversary. I'm thinking about taking the 1/2 day class and attending her lecture that afternoon.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:34 pm

Home Sweet Home - We made it home after our quick trip to Utah and back - It is great to be at my own home!!!

Didn't get to much fabric on trip - DH owes me!! I didn't make him stuff everything into the corners of the car!! The next trip is back there again in three weeks and I will have more time to shop.

My kitty is staying close to my lap and it is hard to type and not mispell. Well I am off to the store as there is no milk or food to feed my 12 year old GS - I think I will have to buy a cow and the cereal aisle to feed him.

Check in later - Have a great night

Jana

Return to “Sew ins”