Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

It's Friday!

Daily discussions.
momof6quilts

It's Friday!

Post by momof6quilts » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:39 am

Yep, it sure is.
I'll be still cleaning and setting up for the huge graduation/18th birthday party on Sunday. I have three boxes of material yet to find "hiding" places for :-) ANd I need to get my list made for tomato and pepper plants and call and order them. My friend has a greenhouse and she will bring them down on Sunday.

Repair man is coming for the dishwasher today, Yeah!

I hope all of you have a great sewy day.

Vicky

grammiequilts

Re: It's Friday!

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:44 am

Morning, I must say as springs wears on I see less and less posts early in the morning. Everyone is busy and or sleeping later.

I will weed the garden today and Also get some (bad word) stuff done. I want to play with my new embroidery machine. I got a really nice design and create program to move around embroidery patterns and join some together, I am so NOT computer saavy. But It is never to late to learn something new.

I am determined to get my kitchen(2) windows and my sunroom(7) windows done today. HOP TO IT Joanne. LOL
Vicky your quilt is beautiful and so is your daughter...Congratulations to you both. XXXOOOJudi

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:55 am

mornin'

I didn't get to play chat yesterday.. my son and his girlfriend came over.. he has a training session at the fire house here and leaves his girlfriend to visit with me... sometimes we get crafty and sew a bit but yesterday Jerry brought home DGD... so there was a lot of multitasking...lol...

My son comes hom around 10pm and I get up at 4am... he's a brat but I love him.

Glad you're home grammie... I would have you come do the windows here but it is actually raining... amazing...

well, I need to head off to work... looks like I will have a busy weekend... I need to work on my sweet swap and try to make an outfit for DGD... Q7...hope you aren't going too far this weekend I may need your sewing expertise....

you all have a super day.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:12 am

Good Morning Every one!

TGIF for sure! It's beautiful again here in MN, but they are forecasting rain for the weekend. We need rain so badly, I hope it rains A LOT!

After work I'm headed down to Mom's, but have sewing projects all packed and ready to go! Sis bought a DVD player to set up for Mom, so am bringing a couple movies for her too. Mom thinks she wants to start knitting again so I'll dig up some yarn from my stash and get her going on something.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

Marymargaret

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:55 am

Good morning, y'all. It's Friday - YEA!!! It's been so busy for me all week.

Judi - what kind of embroidery machine did you get? How many times a year do you wash windows?

Chriss and Maryq - have fun sewing this weekend. I was hoping to but now company is coming tomorrow but I'm not complaining. It's my ex-in-laws who live in Paducah and they invite me and my
BFF every year to come and stay with them during the quilt show. They are go generous. I'll be glad to see them.

I'm wishing everyone a great day!

towens71

Post by towens71 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:40 am

Good morning all! It is another lovely day here in Oklahoma, the high today in the mid-80's! No rain till next week at least! My mom & I have a craft fair in Broken Arrow tomorrow, can't wait!

I finished the quilt top for my Dad, Crossroads? I think is the pattern, it's one of El's from the Quilts for all Seasons, it's the last one in the book. I found some great Route 66 fabric at Hobby Lobby and knew that he would love that! I hope to get it done by Fathers day.

I'm also counting down the days to the Quilters Retreat in Tulsa with El, it starts on the 17th - 19th. I'm so very excited! I've got my supplied labeled w/ my name and have started picking out my clothes!

Judi you can come to my place and do my windows too!

Mary it sounds like you have a fun and relaxing weekend planned!

Have a great weekend all!

Traci

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:02 am

oh happy days.........it is Friday..........2 last IEPs for the year...one easy one not so easy........but we won't call the police on anyone for threatening teachers and other students today because that Mom was arrested (on drugs picking up her 1st grader)

10 more HST to sew when I get home and then I can really start finishing up the blocks. At least a portion of all 72 are sewn. John helped last night so it will go faster this afternoon because I have so much all ready to sew..whew..

well it is 7am I better get in the car....

have a wonderful day and I will chat later

did I say it is a minimum day at school too.........and then only 4 more days with students.........

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:02 am

oh Vicky...I find hiding places for fabric when cleaning too ;)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:15 am

Good Morning Everyone!
After a few days of cloudy drizzly weather, it is sunny here today. The weather man was saying we may have some rain today though. We shall see whether or not we do.

Vicky - Enjoy all the parties and fussing. It will all be over too soon.

Chriss - I will be around this weekend feel free to pm me with any questions.

Grammie - Glad you are home. You are an inspiration on cleaning windows! A few days ago I cleaned the two large pation sliding glass doors and it rained the next day!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:50 am

I'm late! I couldn't get the QIAD site up this morning! My resident computer tech said it wasn't me. Honest. I did get a little bit of quilting done on my family quilt this morning (because I wasn't on the computer!) and now I'll head for the shower and then over to my friend's house to make some flower arrangements for my DSIL's wedding supper tomorrow night. After that, I go to an early pizza luncheon with same friend and 4 other nurses. We're sort of a birthday club and we're celebrating two May birthdays (a little late, but draws out the fun, right?) After that, my day is my own!

Tomorrow, besides DSIL's dinner, there is a BIG sale at a BIG quilt shop in Tacoma. If it's on a bolt, it's 40% off! And I have a $50 gift certificate from my birthday and DH just received a small inheritance! So I'll be out the door early for this!!

Well, I'm already late! Did I hear someone needs a place to hide fabric??? I'm here for ya!!

Nice day, all!
maryz

Return to “Sew ins”