Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, June 4th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Thursday, June 4th

Post by suzette58 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:37 pm

Good morning everyone!! It's my Friday. We are leaving tomorrow for a quick trip to my brother's in NC. He lives about an hour north of Charlotte. I finished my stepdaughter's quilt yesterday. I posted pictures last night. Well, I guess since I am at work I better get some work done. Have a great weekend!
Suzette58
Suzette

KATHYSQUILTS

Re: Thursday, June 4th

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:14 am

Good Morning!!!

It is my friday too!! Have a safe and fun trip. Happy to see you got the quilt done. I will pop over to see it. I hope to finish the baby quilt this weekend. The shower is on the 20th..

It is a rainy day here..Have a great day....kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:50 am

Mornin'

I sure wish it was my friday... one more day to go....

you all have fun.... I am off to work

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:05 am

Good Morning, I love being back and home. DH is taking me out to breakfast and to pick up my NEW Machine today. I was up a 6 am here trying to get caught up on (OOOPS I almost said a bad word,) I need to call my mom today she flew in to Michigan yesterday. I also need to run a zillion errands today. Baby shower card, groceries, pet store, and to the mall for something to wear to a baby shower on Saturday...a dumb day for a baby shower but ....must go...already rsvp'd. Hope you all are having a great morning, Missed you all.
Chriss how is Marilyn doing?

kho

Post by kho » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:57 am

Good Morning, We have the DGD again today. Yesterday we went to my mom's as it was her wedding anniversary, the second one without Dad. We visited a friend who raises fallow deer. That was neat as SGD was able to feed them-she was just fearless. Today, is the day for bad words, and hopefully some sewing and piano practive. I found some beautiful fabric to make placemats for my mom, I am so looking forward into getting started. Sunshine, and nice weather today. Have a good day. Sandy

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:59 am

Good Morning from rainy, cloudy, SW Ohio!! It got chilly yesterday and is again today...so I drug out a sweatshirt..seems like I couldn't get warm yesterday!
All you girls working, have a quick day at work!!
Grammie, so GLAD you are back!!!! I really missed you! Haven't washed a window since you've been gone! lol!
DH is taking the truck for it's oil change this morning, then he and DS2 will go to the showgrounds and won't be home until dark. I'm on my own! Yesterday I made a "cushion quilt pad" for our porch bench. It's 7 ft. long. and not very comfortable to sit on. When I was setting up my machine to free motion and dropping the feed dogs..something happened and the machine wacked out. So I did the usual cleaning and changing the needle, but nothing helped, so it will go to the doctor, I guess. I set up my old machine and it ran like a dream and now today I'll put the binding on the cushion.

Joanne:0)

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:12 am

Good morning, girls. I'm at the office wishing today was my Friday. I've been super busy here.

I got my package from Thousands of Bolts yesterday. In all it's 25 yds. of Christmas fabric to make pillowcases. I guess I'll be washing and ironing fabric this weekend. I need to get off my lard butt and finish the French Braid quilt before I start on the pillowcases.

I wonder how 1QN did on her sleep over in her new RV last night. If I were here I wouldn't have slept a wink!

Y'all have a great day.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:18 am

Hi, all! It's DH's Friday, too. Not me. That's the trouble with being retired. No weekends!

Kathy, enjoy your rain as you sew! It's 90 here and no rain for almost 2 weeks! My skin is shriveling! Faster than it's normal rate!

Chriss, have a good day at work. We'll miss you and promise to have fun while you're gone!

Grammieq - Enjoy your NEW machine! And your breakfast.

Suzette, Happy Friday! Your quilt is beautiful. She will love it! Enjoy your trip. I have family in Raleigh.

Joanne, I hope your machine gets well quick!

Sandy, - fallow deer? Are they raised for venison? Isn't that cheating?

Cindyg, 25 yards of Christmas fabric! Oooh, that makes me feel cooler already just hearing about it!

Today I plan to continue yesterday - sew a little, clean a little, meet my friend to choose plants as gifts for our birthday club honorees, and hang with the phone & window repair guys. And figure out something for dinner. Guess I'll head over to the "what's for dinner tonite" thread for ideas!

maryz

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:24 am

Good morning from Western Kansas. We are on the last leg of our trip to visit our DGD near Denver. I am so excited to have this new laptop - and a campground with WiFi - so that I can check in with my dear forum friends!!

No sewing yet, but the machine is here and it WILL get some use!

Hope everyone has a great day - whether it's your Friday or just plain old Thursday!

XOXOX

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:52 am

Sounds like everyone is busy today. Mom's jacket is done! We'll be loading things into the Motorhome today and spending the night in it so we can get an early start in the morning.

Elk update - the Elk that was hanging around the yard yesterday & 2 of our dogs had a run in. I had fed the dogs their dinner and before I let them out I went out into the back yard and looked on the side of the house and all around to make sure the Elk was gone. Didn't see her anywhere, so thought she had moved on. I let the dogs out and the Black Lab and the Min Pin ran to the back corner of our yard. All of a sudden the Elk came running, from 2 houses away, at the dogs...I'm yelling...they see her and run at her....I'm yelling...Elk kicks at both of the dogs....Min Pin was under the Elk, Black Lab jumped to one side....I'm yelling. Only by the grace of God they didn't get hurt. The Elk stopped and looked at me, still yelling, as the dogs finally came running to the house. Don't see her out there this morning as I leashed each dog and took them out.

gmaann - I'm guessing if you are in Western Kansas at a campground it may be in Oakley?? We stay there often.

Return to “Sew ins”