Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wed. June 3

Daily discussions.
Joannequilts

Re: Wed. June 3

Post by Joannequilts » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:13 am

Good Morning (opps! I mean "Afternoon"!!) everyone!

Just like Irishgram, dreary, rainy SW Ohio! We had heavy stormy rain last night.

Irishgram, we always have yard sales to get rid of what we don't want..then, what doesn't sell goes to either Goodwill or the street (where it is picked up by those who want free stuff). Purrfectlady's ideas are good too..I'd also ask your meals-on-wheels seniors if any of them would be interested..or they may have family that does crafts.

I got the names embroidered on my sashing for my UGRR wallhanging, and today I cut all the sashing and cornerstones...all ready to sew! I'm also in the thinking mode to make a cushion for a 7 ft. bench we have on the front porch...

Joanne:0)

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:20 am

*Smile*

'gentle' Reminder for every one that has not read the new post under 'Projects from the Heart'. Please e-mail me your info, if you don't have it there are 50+ here that do, and I believe I have it also LOL.

Anyone on the list has that same nfo by now. So just ask the one you're comfortable asking.

WARNING: nasty-grams will get a reply such as 'BYTE ME', and there are almost 60 others that'll back me up with such a reply. If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. I have understanding for special circumstances, just talk 'nicely' about it to me.

=========================================
Thank you for listening, we now will return to 'A day of a Redneck Quilta' <written by northbound/Sharon C>

I too have the heater on here.
*UGH* I was walking out onto my patio on the HOA gardeners were working right in front of our wrought iron fence. Not only that, our neighbor was working in HIS backyard. I wanted to go see if I had some slugs drunk on beer.

Okay, it is still early in the day here, I guess I could drink an extra cup of Java and find some winter clothes.

*T* ....*o/* <====== Me cheering us all on.

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:38 am

Good afternoon everyone. Not a lot going on here. It has rained early this morning and during the night last night. Which we needed. It is really nice and cool today. That is a nice change.

Ironed some fabric earlier and going to run to the Pharmacy again, then drop by the P.O. & that is all of my errands for the day. Will come back and work on my applique some more. I probably should run to JoAnns and get a diff brand of fusible to try. Oh well. I am excited for Friday because I have a QIAD order to arrive. That is always so much fun. I will be so happy when I can go see my parents because my Mom has been putting together a Sisters Choice quilt top and I'm anxious to see it.

Well I hope all of you have a fantastic afternoon and an even better evening! I will probably pop back in later to see what all of you are up to. Take care & enjoy doing whatever you are doing today. Just having the opportunity & capability to do what we must is a blessing.

Love You All

QIAD-ModeratorDD

Post by QIAD-ModeratorDD » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:48 am

Ladies. I have really tried to not push, however.....
If you have personal comments about other people. Please keep them to yourselves or in PM's. I have gotten several messages with complaints about comments FROM other forum members openly on the forum for one and all to read.
I also recommend that if you want personal information from others, please accept their answer graciously and without complaint.If you are answering to a request, also, be graciousin your answer.
Please remember that we really dont know what is going on in others private lives whether we agree or not. We only know what we are told. Not what is really going on.

Please be kind to one another. This forum should always be a safe place for everyone. This kind of gossip pushes people away.

DD

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:49 am

GoodAfternoon all

Well I guess today is a little better than yesterday.

Yesterday when I came home from work and the gym I went to get the mail and I found a notice for Grand Jury Duty and it starts the week before the cruise that Im takeing and you have to go every friday for 18 weeks well I sent back the paper today and explained about my situation so lets all pray to GOD that they excuse me but in my case it will probably won't happen .

Lois BBL

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:51 am

Hey, Agnes, when your mom gets enough Sister's Choice squares put together to take a picture, you should post it. I'm working on one, too, though right now it's been neglected for a whole week! I've never posted a photo but with DH's help (he's a geek by profession) maybe I can get one of mine when I get far enough. It would be fun to see the differences. Mine is scrappy, but I did another one for my DSIL our of purple,cream, & green batiks. Do you know if she's going to add sashing? I'm still debating. maryz

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:05 am

Maryz I may be wrong but I think she is sashing it. My Mom loves to piece and I am thankful she does. She handquilts too. She doesn't use the best judgement in choosing colors but it pleases her and that is all that matters. She calls her quilting stitches toenail catchers. LOL Oh I see a lot of repairs to make down the road! My brothers & SIL's say "we'll rip & your DH can LA them after Mom is gone." But Mom is Mom & she is her own person.

She was up here back in early Winter & we were in the sewing room. She was looking at fabric in my stash looking at diff. ones she liked. She really had her eye on some Through the Seasons. And it all coordinated. I thought she really wanted it so when they got ready to go, I bundled up the 20 something yds & said Enjoy. Recently I was at their house & was in her sewing room & didn't see the TTS fabric. I asked where it was? She replied "Well I really didn't care for it so I gave it to my pal." I'll learn. *shaking my head & rolling my eyes.* But yes, I will take a pic of her quilt top when I see her next. I do know she used some bright fabrics. Would love to see a pic of yours too.

Huge Hugs

macdor

Post by macdor » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:21 am

Good afternoon everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chriss - I like the idea of the butterscotch. You could use almost anything in them. I like raisins, they don't like me. Also like the suggestion of bars.

Chrissy 1 - I'm happy to hear that Terrie is doing so good. My prayers are still with her.

Sue - you are on a roll. Both pies sound good. I agree with you being retired is great.

"T" - I'm sorry that you are having winter this time of the year. Not going to tell you how hot it is here. (Have AC on).

Lois - Good luck with the Grand Jury.

Everyone stay safe with the storms.

Have a great evening everyone.

DorothyM

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:56 am

I've taken quite a break from sewing. After the 14th and Tia leaves I will get things back out and start up again. We are getting ready for church/graduation/18th birthday party this week. I'm a bit overwhelmed with it all.

Vicky

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:11 pm

Just want to thank everyone who responded to my problem yesterday. I decided to rip.

Return to “Sew ins”