Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wed. June 3

Daily discussions.
Chrissy1

Wed. June 3

Post by Chrissy1 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:13 am

Just thought I would pop in to say good morning to everyone. I am on a hunt for an oatmeal cookie recipe. When we were at Hamilton College two weekends ago they had the most delicious oatmeal raisin cookie I have ever tasted. Not real salty and not real grainy. Anyone have a good one to share.
I picked my first rose last evening. A fragrant red one.
Terrie did good at the plastic surgeon. She will need the drain tubes in for a week and a half more. Friday is the big day, that is when we get the pathology report to see if chemo will be needed. I just heard that a friend in Canada has this same type breast cancer. Annette is a doll collector friend.
Hope everyone has a beautiful and safe day. Need to get ready for work.

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Wed. June 3

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:50 am

hey there Chrissy...

I always use the recipe on the back of the Quaker oats box... I like mine with butterscotch chips... will pm you my address... if you send them right out of the oven maybe they will still be warm when they get here....lol

happy Wednesday... wow, half way... then my much deserved weekend...

hope you all have a great day

Chriss ( no Y) ;-)
Psalm 91

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:25 am

Good Morning Gals

What a beautiful day in MN, It's a little chilly here--in fact my furnace kicked on this morning! Only 47 here!

While cleaning papers in my Mom's desk a couple weeks ago... I can across a piece of notebook paper with my Dad's Oatmeal Cookie recipe in his own handwriting! I stuck it on my fridge thinking one of these days I make a batch.

Here it is:

2 Egg Beaton (how he spelled it)
1/2 softened margarine
1/2 c white sugar
1 c brown sugar

Mix together thoroughly

1 & 3/4 c flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon (sub 1/ & 1/2 cardamon)

Then add:
2 c Rolled Oats
1 c pecans
1 & 1/2 c raisins (soak in hot water for 10 minutes)

Bake at 400 8-10 minutes

Makes about 5 doz 2 & 1/2" cookies

If you try this recipe let me know how they turn out!

I'm off to work this morning, but going to bugg out a little early and go to the Foot Dr---think I have that Planter Facitis (sp?) in my heel--man that's painful! And since the Dr 's office is close by Joann's I'm going to hobble over there too! My BFF thinks she wants to try quilting!! So I might pick up a few little supplies for her. She's begging me to come out to Colorado and teach her!

Well, better hit the shower.

Have a wonderful day everybody

Marymargaret

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:28 am

Good morning Chrissy and Chriss. Hope you hav a fabulous day today.

Chrissy...like Chriss I use the recipe off the Quaker oats box. It is good to hear that Terrie did good during her surgery. Continued prayers that the pathology report comes back good.

Chriss...have a good day at work. I'll be going in to work again today, too as many of us will be.

Please keep Armymomscorpion and her dear family in your prayers. Her grandmother passed away Sunday. She was a dear sweet lady.

Everyone have a great day, and I'll check back after work to see what all has been happening.

Mary

kenderosa

Post by kenderosa » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:16 am

Good Morning quilters!

I'm on a roll this morning. Got up at 5am and baked two pies. French apple and Lemon. Got to use up my fruit before it's time to start picking lemons again! House sure smells good! Mmmmm
Off to wash my True Blue as my order from QIAD arrived.

Sure is nice to be retired...you that have to work, take it easy!

BBL- Sue

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:16 am

Good morning, everyone...now I am sitting here drooling, thinking about oatmeal cookies! LOL

If you want a faster version, try the Quaker Oats recipe (should be on the inside of the lid) and make them as bar cookies. The baking instructions are listed below the regular drop-cookie version. Instead of raisins, we like to add dried cranberries; I also toss in some cinnamon and a little nutmeg. YUMMERS!

Other than going out to the park around noon-ish, I don't have anything on the boards for today. Definitely need to do some laundry...so what else is new?! <snort!>

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:37 am

We're supposed to get almost to 90 deg today so no matter how good those oatmeal cookies are sounding, I'll not be baking any today. But if I were, I'd probably toss in a big blop of peanut butter. And I like to add more spices - cloves being my favorite.

Maryq, I am just getting over a 9-month bout with plantar faschitis. OUCH! My doc told me to do an exercise where you stand on a step, heels hanging over, then drop your affected heel to stretch out that muscle that runs along the bottom of your foot (because it's a shortened muscle that causes the pain). Hold for 5 minutes. Release. Do it again. Repeat a couple times a day. Get a book. This is boring! Then my massage therapist told me to get a rubber dog bone with the little nobblies on it and roll my foot back and forth on that for a few minutes each day. It tends to pry apart the layers of tissues and give better flexibility. But don't overdo it. I found this the best help, but I had to fight the dog the whole time! LOL! If you try that, you may want to use apply cold to your foot afterwards. But it takes a long time to heal no matter what you do. maryz

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:06 am

Good Morning, Had a busy few days, the grandkids & DD were up for one more visit before we leave for Canada. Yesterday after they left I had to go to the Vet's to get some Heart worm med's, etc. Next to the Vet is a Preschool. There was a female Elk standing in the yard. Vet's office was all a stir because she had a baby hiding in the bushes and Mom had started attacking cars as they came to the preschool. I tried to take a photo with my cell phone, but it's hard to see the baby. I found out that the local newspaper took video, so here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMRKEaP9 ... MRKEaP9JOA

When I got home there was an Elk in the back yard, with a baby. She's still here, walked across the yard just when I was going to let the dogs out this morning. DH had to take the Lab out on a leash and saw her just over the rocks, watching him.

Only one project will get done today, finishing the embroidery on Mom's jacket.
Lyn

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:08 am

Good morning from dreary, rainy, SW. Pa...Not a good day for hanging sheets outside.....

Chrissy, when you do make up that batch of cookies, along with Chris', pack up some for me, too...I normally use the recipe on the box and if I didn't have apple squares in the oven, I'd be tempted to make cookies....

Not much happening in this neck of the woods...It's too wet to be outside, so DH (still with the bad back) has finally decided to sit and read..

I had a message from my youngest son in N.C., asking us to come to Florida with he and the boys...He'll be at a seminar and needs someone to keep tabs on the boys...I'd love to go but not sure if DH would be able to drive that far and I really can't justify paying for a flight for a couple of days...So this will take some discussing.....

I think after lunch, I'm headed for the sewing room...I'm either going to work on a baby quilt or, get this, clean out my craft supplies and get rid of them...I have drawers, boxes, bins full of stuff! I used to do plastic canvas, paintings, doll clothes, anything that came along and now I have all that stuff that I'll never use...Just the pattern books take up lots of room (that I could be using for fabric)...I hate just giving it away but it's getting to the point, no one around me does very much crafting any more, so it might go to the Good Will store....If anyone has any suggestions or wants anything, let me know....

Enjoy the day, everyone.....

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:15 am

Irishgram, you might consider offering your crafting supplies to a local senior center, nursing home, or a women's shelter.

Return to “Sew ins”