Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, June 2nd

Daily discussions.
institcheswithrosie

Re: Tuesday, June 2nd

Post by institcheswithrosie » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:07 am

As Joanne said, today is supposed to miserably hot, but we will get a break tomorrow evening.
In the meantime, I've been plunging the toilet. Why do these things happen when DH is in CA??
Congrats to Tia on her commencement!
Have fun at work everyone else, off to the sewing room.

Rosie

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:55 am

checking back in after my errands this morning. Everyone sounds busy and happy. Last thing I did before my walk this morning was tell you all that my walking partner was going in for her hyst this morning. so then what do I do? Walk down to the trail where we usually meet and wait TEN MINUTES for her before I give myself a head slap! No wonder my kids worry about me! lol!

Jana, I'd like to think you're not too weird for liking thunder storms because DH and I love them - at least we love the light show - and only if it's in the distance. Don't get many in the PNW but we've been in a few attention-getters when traveling through the midwest!

And I'm proud to report that I got ALL of my inside windows washed this morning! You all guilted me into it! So I thank you - I think.

maryz

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:21 am

OK ladies, help me make a decision, please. I'm merrily quilting away using the stitches on my machine and during the process of shifting the thing around under my arm, I managed to change stitches. Therefore, one block is 1/2 on way and 1/2 another. Now, the woman this is for can't sew on a button, so do I rip or leave???

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:30 am

Rosie is it terribly noticable? If not, I don't think I would rip it out. After it is all together and quilted, it won't be noticed I bet. Just my 1/2 cent worth. But I totally despise ripping. LOL

Huge Hugs

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:37 am

If it were me I would rip it out, because I would k-n-o-w it was wrong. (I am still trying hard to get over perfectionism!)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:01 am

I would probably rip it out, but if it is on a galloping horse who is really going to notice. I would bet that she would not even be able to find the difference, and if she she did, tell her that it is a new experimental method of quilting!!!

Congratulations on Tia's accomplishment!! Mom was there too - congrats to both!!

I have been watching the score of the hockey games - go Redwings!!

Have a great rest of the afternoon

Jana

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:51 pm

:)

Leave as it is and take away any spectacles, magnifying glasses and Microscope. You REALLY have to leave it, how else can you measure your progress? <grin>

Looks like a busy day for every one here. Thank God for the good news about T.Parker.

Okay...I have a question for All of you Angels....
Most of you know me prety well, and know the ongoing project right?
So here I receive a PM that says.....

"Not giving out my email address. If you don't want it here for get it." How am I suppose to 'react' to that? I was thinking "Am I not trustworthy, how many others might think along the same line?"

Any advise on this subject for me?

Feel free to PM me about this and set me straight, or LOL better yet......E-Mail me about it!

I really just need a GIANT *Hug* right now to know for sure I AM doing the right thing with doing this project. It is truly bothering me to be thought of as not trustworthy.

*T*

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:59 pm

hello all...

let me tell you about our crazy weather... it is in the mid 70's this week with thunder showers.. next week it should get up to the mid 60's... Jerry swears it is winter again and our tomatos will never be ripe....lol...

Rosie, thanks for explaining... I read the menu for the senior center in the paper each week... I am looking forward to retirement and can in about 15 or more years...ugh....

hope you all are having a fun evening... I need to get some grub..

ttfn
Chriss

Exodus 33:14

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:04 pm

*Shrug*

Maybe I should just step-down from being Prez *T*

I'll go have a PJ for about 5 minutes.
Who wants to join me?

*T* <======= If you have nothing nice to say, maybe say nothing at all?

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:32 pm

Susanna, don't take it personally because someone doesn't want to give you their e-mail address... some people think it will breech their computers safety.. or they will get ton's of e-mails they don't want... or they have other reasons..... who knows...

but I bet that was one response out of a lot of positive ones huh? you keep doing what you are doing.. I for one appreciate your heading up a lot of these PFTH posts... I sure don't have time... this forum is blessed to have you...

and nooooo, I won't have a pity party for you... you don't deserve it... so there...

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”