Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday the 31 of May

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Re: Sunday the 31 of May

Post by WeeOne » Sun May 31, 2009 7:32 am

Quilter7 - Yes that Harbor Freight & Tools.

Here's what they look like. We got them on sale for $14.99 in the store.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=95588

Can someone tell me how you get a web site address to come up blue & underlined so you don't have to copy & paste, just click?

busyhands125 - I just remembered that my MIL gave me a $100 bill when we were back there. I didn't break that, but I'll tell him that's where the money came from. And you are right about LURES & tackle stuff....we could start our own Cabela's!

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun May 31, 2009 7:36 am

Lyn - Thank you! DH said he has been meaning to go into the store so I guess he will today if it is open! Since we live near the Harbor of Los Angeles I think we were confused by the name. LOL

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun May 31, 2009 7:37 am

Quilter7 - Hope there still on sale.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun May 31, 2009 7:55 am

Lyn - Now to answer your question about how to insert a link. To insert a link press the box that says "Insert Link Code" just above the message (comment) box. When I press it my McAfee requires that I "temporarily allow scripted window" by clicking on a yellow bar and clicking "temporarily allow scripted window", then I must press "Insert Link Code" again. Then I paste the website I have copied into the window. Try it and see if it works.

vivian1970

Post by vivian1970 » Sun May 31, 2009 8:32 am

Joanne, My cousin lives on Crosstown Road. But they made it through okay. Way too scary last night. Love the weather today though.

I am doing laundry, made an ice cream cake and put in the freezer, have cut out material to make pinwheels for a swap, and am watching the NASCAR race. Am still hoping Jr. wins today.

Have a great sunday.

Viv

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun May 31, 2009 8:42 am

Cathy, hope you feel better soon.

thanks Lyn, I was supposed to put a ruffle on the bottom of the dress but thought that piece was the arm interfacing... lol... but can't get the dress off of the kid to attach the ruffle, guess this one won't have a ruffle...lol....

Q7... my grandma used to have us chew on a mint leaf if we had upset stomaches... I am still looking for pineapple sage...

Boy Pat, if Weeone did all that I bet her DH would bring her some fabric prior to each trip just to keep her quiet... hmmmmm, might be worth thinking about.

I have my white blocks cut for the dessert swap.. just need to iron on my ice cream and sew...

ttfn,
Chriss
Psalm 91

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun May 31, 2009 9:01 am

Quilter7 - OK, I'll give it a try.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=95588

Chriss - you may be right, I might have to try that.
Have you ever seen the British comedy "Keeping Up Appearances". The wife, Hyacinth Bucket (she says the last name is pronounced "Bouquet") is always telling hubby, Richard, how to drive. They'll be going along and she'll see a guy with a bike off the road, in a field relaxing and say "Mind the bicycle, Richard" and he'll reply "Minding the bicycle, Hyacinth" as he shakes his head and rolls his eyes.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun May 31, 2009 9:03 am

Lyn - Congratulations! You did it. Thanks for the link!

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Sun May 31, 2009 9:10 am

Good Afternoon,

Cannot believe how gorgeous it is here after last night. I have never seen so much red and orange on the radar.

I am far enough south in the city that we really had nothing, but I worried about my friends in Clermont Co. and Maineville. Also worried about Loveland since I ran that library for 16 yrs.

We did have quite a lightening show. Now Chrissie (larger dog) is scared of thunder and has figured out it follows those bright things in the sky. Well, we had lightning but no thunder. She had to go out and positioned herself so she could watch the lightening and stay safe. I think that was the quickest trip she ever made.

Joanne, congrats to your grandson. NKU is a quick hop over 275. Most schools don't have enough space for everyone who wants to come. Cincinnati used to hold theirs at Music Hall; now they use the Cintas Center at X.

Luv2 - Geez, I was practically your neighbor as a kid. I'm from Ashland. Since I have no idea how old you are, we can't reminisce, but I know the Huntington area well.

Off to quilt and listen to the race while I'm in there. Sorry Vivian, I just can't get excited about Jr.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun May 31, 2009 9:31 am

I am back!!!

My DD1 just left..so I am back to sewing. I will clean up the waffles later. NOW I am going to sew the blocks together!!

Lyn...I did not know there was an American Doll Quilts book. When my DGD gets a little older(3yrs now) I want to get her one of these dolls. I Googled the book...it said $44.71 new or $24.99 used. I will have to look around for this book.

Off to sew....Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”