Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

FRIDAY MAY 29

Daily discussions.
beccasmom

Re: FRIDAY MAY 29

Post by beccasmom » Fri May 29, 2009 10:28 am

Well hey Rosie I thought maybe you were out of town or something. I know you are going to enjoy your time off since school is out.

Brenda

okie-quilter

Post by okie-quilter » Fri May 29, 2009 10:43 am

i just got home from town,last minute errands before leaving for a 2 week atv trip to west viriginia. daughter and husband are going with husband and me. we will use our camper and stay at a camp gound near charleston. I'm sure we will see lots of Gods creation on the trip.It's amazing the beauty God has created for us to view. Last year we went to Utah. We limbed mountains and rode on lots of trails. I commented God must have had lots of fun creating the rock formations. we saw rocks of all colors and shapes. There was one that looked like a cathedrel and one looked like a candy mountain.
I finished a scrap quilt this am. I will take it with me and finish the binding while we travel. It had been on the shelf for a longgggg time. I hope to finish "many" more after the trip, since I
am unemployed right now.
I really enjoy this forum. It's fun to read everyones comments and
quilting helps. It's habit forming to sit down and read the new comments.
Have a great day. Will be back soon. jc.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri May 29, 2009 1:16 pm

Just popped in for a minute - getting my fix of reading all the posts as I will be gone for a week. Rental Car places are driving me nuts - I am waiting for a call back to make sure that my rental car is going to be there and that it is the right one!!

My two littlest GS are sleeping and I am waiting for DD(Kyna) to get back from her week at Disneyland. Also just took youngest DS to work at the Sheriff's office as this is his last duty for awhile!! I need a nap - I have now had it reinforced why God gave these little ones to young mothers - You do a great job of taking care of their needs!!!!

Jana

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Fri May 29, 2009 2:23 pm

*Smile*

Just a quick <wave> in passing through.

YES, did ALL of you received the QIAD e-mail.
'Orion Star' is coming out in July..!!!!!!!

I'll work as fast as I can trying to get all on-going projects out of the way, and help out where I can. Just to make plenty of room to make a 'few' quilts with this new pattern. I would call it "The Sky IS the Limmit" on this one.

I have to make my Barn Block wall-hanging this weekend. Yeacks, now I'll be forced to actually use that itty bitty flying geese ruler. I'll go watch the video before starting that one <chuckle> it'll let me know if this is a Show and Tell ALL..........Being there was Hilarious as usual.

Anyone being able to sit and hold my hand during the next (June 9th)BOM taping? <wheeeeeeee Alina won't be there>. Maybe I should go to the day session so I can sit with SallyC?

Okay, ok.........still <waving>

*T*

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri May 29, 2009 2:38 pm

Good Evening...

I have been working every minute on my quilt. I will finish all 12 of them tonight. Almost done *happy dance*!!!!!

The landscaper did not show..Mad Dance..
This happened last year, they drive by and see it is a small job and do not want it. I will find someone!!

My DD#2 in Austin asked me to make a terry wrap around robe for DGD(3years old). WELL after the pattern & fabric this is going to be at least a $28 robe. I had to order the terry on line. I know it has been awhile since I made clothes...But $12 for a pattern. The pattern has many sizes. Susannah & Heath will be getting for years to come...LOL

Hope everyone is happy to be home from work..

Happy Quilting....Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri May 29, 2009 2:41 pm

Joanne, I think we may try to sew by hand... what a great idea....and I am getting some pineapple sage.. I saw pictures and it looks great.

Kathy, is it humid on that whole coast? I have been to a few states east of me and they all seem humid... Texas to Illinois to Mississippi... I dont' think Colorado was humid just cold....lol

Carolyn, you only have a few days left... what a blessing.

well, time is running out... I need to go to graduation... but had to let you know.... DH and DGD just got married.. she was barefoot but made DH wait so she could put her shoes on.... then DH gets on his knee so he is more her size and to "kiss the bride" so she gets on one knee too... it cracked me up.... by the way... I was the "marry lady" too funny....

have a fun night
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:58 pm

Hi to all, not doing much tonight. Have the 5th box almost filled up for our secret pal.....Cindy B and I got the four mailed out yesterday. It sure would be fun to be a fly on the wall when they were received, wouldn't it? They're going southwest, so at least they'll be at a warmer climate than here. (hint, hint) That pineapple sage sounds like a good idea, I know that I need to get my rosemary. Thought that it might come back, but no sign of it yet, except the dead plant from last year. Does lavender come back, or do I need to replant that one, too?

Kittyquilt9292

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Fri May 29, 2009 5:59 pm

Would love to be that fly on the wall! SHe will be so overwhelmed and so appreciative, she is such a dear.

have a great weekend everyone, blessings on whatever you plan to do. hugs, carol/kittyquilt

Return to “Sew ins”