Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Fabulous Wednesday May 27, 2009

Daily discussions.
zfatcat

Fabulous Wednesday May 27, 2009

Post by zfatcat » Tue May 26, 2009 11:01 pm

Hi everyone. I'm finally feeling better after being sick for a week. I'm finishing up a few projects. I'm working on my last block for the UGRR. Yippie! I also got caught up with my BOM from the LQS. I'm going to check out a new quilt store today and maybe get the sashing for the UGRR quilt. Hope everyone has a fabulous day. Lori
Lori 8-)

Tulpje

Re: Fabulous Wednesday May 27, 2009

Post by Tulpje » Wed May 27, 2009 12:25 am

*Smile*

Don't pay no mind to me!
I think I'm just sleep walking, or rolled out of bed.

I am going to work on quite a few projects today.
Anything I should leave on the desk of our Mah Pahkeh today?

I'll be searching the net for Fabric with Harry Potter on it, since the one I'll be making with the 'Orion Star' project is totally girly.

Other then that I have a few more WIP to work on.

It's promissing to be a glorious sunshiny day today.

Our PepperDawg has not been doing too wel lately. She's on metcam for pain, but it was not keeping her pain free, so I gave her 1/2 of a Vicodin, and she was MUCH more comfortable last evening. No more yelping of pain,and able to walk up the stairs, and up onto the ramp we build her to be able to lay on our bed with us.

Well, maybe I can go get a few more snoozes in, else you'll be able to find me in FaceBook, where I must have been neglecting all my crops. Quite a few of my farm neighbors have been tending to my farm, and I thank you LOL.

It has been very nice ever since I joined FaceBbook, so many of us there are having WAY too much *Fun* there.

Wishing all of you a day filled of sunshine and a *smile* in your heart.

*T*

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed May 27, 2009 1:19 am

mornin'

lucky me,, I get to go to work again... gosh....

Tul, get some sleep and go water that garden.

Lori, have a fun day, sounds like you have a lot planned.

Chriss
Psalm 91

Roben

Post by Roben » Wed May 27, 2009 1:49 am

Good Morning all!

Lori, I'm glad you're feeling better! I'm jealous; I'm itching for a trip to a couple of the LQS's and haven't gotten there yet.

T, you're braver than I am! A couple of the long arm quilters I know are on Facebook and keep encouraging me to join, but so far I haven't. Sounds like you have a lot of fun :-) I should send some of our rain your way so you don't have to water your garden. Hugs to Pepper Dawg!

Chriss, have an easy day at work today!

I get to do some of that four letter stuff around the house today, and then maybe get to play with some ideas for the Come Sit in My Garden panels I have. I thought for sure I had more of the matching fabric for that line, but since the move I have a hard time finding most things it seems. Darn, I might just have to go get some more ;-)

Have a fantastic day everyone!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed May 27, 2009 2:55 am

Blue sky & bright sunshine on the Rocky Mountains this morning.

Lori, glad you are feeling better.

*T*, I just joined Facebook, but haven't added a photo. Friends from Texas said I should have DH take a photo of me holding a big fish in one hand and a quilt in the other hand.

Chriss, have a good day at work.

Roben, sounds like you need to go fabric shopping. What part of Iowa? I was born in Council Bluffs & raised on a farm near Neola.

As for me, headed to the Motorhome to do a good cleaning & sorting out of stuff. We will leave for Canada June 5th.

Lyn

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed May 27, 2009 3:24 am

Good Rainy Morning to all!!

Lori..glad your feeling better. Even 'glader' that your shopping for fabric.I love a new quilt shop!

*T*...I think I saw HP fabric at eQuilter.com when I was looking for Beatle fabric.

Cjriss..): sorry about work. I will be back in that rut on Monday):

Roben..Good luck with your panels..have fun if shop for more fabric.
Sometime in the next couple years I have to pack up 40 years of life and move from NY to Mass. I try not to think of it. LOL

Even though it is raining I am off to Home Depot for my first flowers and some things for my ugly grass. Also I need DVD and CD player. I am a little sore from up and down the latter and do not feel like going. I have a gift card(just loves these!)may be if I do all my UGGG shopping I will stop at my LQS...(:..(:

Happy Quilting..Have a Great Day..Kathy

GrandmaTaz

Post by GrandmaTaz » Wed May 27, 2009 4:05 am

Lori, sorry to hear you were sick.....YUCK, don't ya just hate that when you have things you want to do???????

Been trying to get stuff down in my sewing room. But did get my background blocks for the sweet swap cute out. Now to decide what sweet to start with.

Y'all have a great day.

Jeanne

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed May 27, 2009 4:27 am

Good Morning Everyone!
It does not look like I will be working today, at least being paid for work. The sewing room still has a long list of projects that need to be worked on though so I am enjoying my time. I will also exercise today.

Lori - Glad to hear you are feeling better. Please give us an update on the new quilt store. I look forward to going to it.

Chriss - Have a great day at work.

*T* - Please get your rest!

Roben - I vote for buying more fabric. It is always difficult to get settled into a new place.

Kathy - Have fun shopping!

Lyn - Enjoy the process of getting ready to go again.

Jeanne - Have fun sewing!

Everyone - Enjoy your day!

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Wed May 27, 2009 5:04 am

Good Morning everyone! It's overcast and drizzly rain off and on this morning in SW Ohio. Nice day for sewing, but I may not get to do that yet. I'm watching my DGS so my DIL can sleep after working all night. My DS2 and DH went fishing..hope they don't get wet!

Well, I've decided to add a small border on all my UGRR blocks and square them up to be equal..also, I wanted to use a light colored sashing and it doesn't look good right next to the light backgrounds, so the dark border will help with that, too.

The 6 in. blocks will be a wallhanging and I want to machine embroider the names of the blocks above each one in the sashing..that's part of the reason for a light colored sashing.
I always seem to mess with a quilt! I don't think I have ever just made a quilt from a pattern without changing something in it! lol!
The wall hanging will go to the Antique Machinery Show in August and hang in the log cabin on display for the show then back home.

DGS is watching cartoons now...he's a good little guy. His mom doesn't let him watch alot of TV, so it's a treat for him to come here..he's also eating jelly beans, which he dearly loves, and she won't let him have them. Grandma's privilege!

Glad you are back in the swing, Lori! Sorry you've been sick...stuff keeps going around.

That sweet swap sounds like fun Jeanne! But I really need to get some of these projects finished before the August show, so I'm not joining anything until I'm at least caught up. With the warm weather there is less time to sew, too.

Ya'll have a great day!!

Joanne:0)

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Wed May 27, 2009 5:24 am

T* Have we seen the pattern for Orion Star yet? Is it out to be seen? The new book comes out in July right? I would love to see it!

Return to “Sew ins”