Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, May 24

Daily discussions.
Joannequilts

Sunday, May 24

Post by Joannequilts » Sun May 24, 2009 2:33 am

Good Morning Everyone!

Sun shining and warm!! DGS's Graduation Picnic today, so no sewing for me!

Ya'll have a wonderful day!!

Joanne:0)

Tulpje

Re: Sunday, May 24

Post by Tulpje » Sun May 24, 2009 2:43 am

*Smile*

Good grief Joanne, it is 5:37 here, daylight breaking and looking like a bit of overcast, but that will be burned off by about 10am.

We have a run to make to OC today, which we are So not looking forward to. It'll take us 2 hours to get there, 2 hours of hard work, then we'll go to my other son his condo to turn the faucet on for my son's cat Roxy, who Loves to drink from the faucet. Bjotn is Santa Barbara with his girl friend Amanda.

I am SO glad I kept Monday free to go do whatever we please to do.

The party we went to yesterday was a *great* succes. Good people, good food and good music. Played guitar hero and rock-band. I Love to drums/prcussion.

I would buy it if they had more lyrics from 'my' era. LOL

*T*

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun May 24, 2009 3:37 am

Joanne, sounds like a fun day.

Tul, how nice to go for a ride.. but I know how you feel... I would rather stay home and sew too.

I am going to cut my background squares for my dessert applique and maybe even start sewing... woo hoo...but first I think I will fix Jerry breakfast... he is a good boy and deserves a big breakfast.

you all have a super day,

Chriss
Psalm 91

lucieshouses

Post by lucieshouses » Sun May 24, 2009 3:42 am

Hi "T" and Joanne, I guess we're the only ones up on this Memorial Sunday. Everyone has a busy holiday schedule. We're probably going out to breakfast soon come back and watch the "Indy 500" race-DH will and I'll be playing with fabric, patterns, ideas. It'll be fun.
Take care, Lucie

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun May 24, 2009 3:43 am

Good Morning all

Just doing a few more thing here today and it realy makes me ugly so that means tommrow I will have a little fun for myself .

Joann Good Luck to your daughter on her Graduation I hope the picnic goes well and with nice weather.

T it also sounds like you are realy haveing a great weekend .

Im also going to make a quick run to Joanns I can never resist a good sale and besides I have the gift card my sister gave me for mothers day thats burning a hole in my pocket.

Have A Great Day bbl

Lois

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun May 24, 2009 3:47 am

Good Morning...

Foggy here.. the sun trying to break out. I am going to balance my check books then wash windows. When I have had enough of that I will work on the baby quilt.

Joanne, A Graduation Picnic what a wonderful idea. A great opportunity for all to be together.

*T*, sounds like you will be on the road alot today. Good thing your tomorrow is free. Have you thought of starting a rock & roll band...say the "The Crazy Quilting Sisters". LOL There must be someone in the forum the could write you some quilting songs!!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun May 24, 2009 3:56 am

Good Morning. Going to pack today and (bad word) the house up. My wonderful neighbor will babysit Baby Kitty while I am gone. I need to run to the grocery store for something for supper. All is well here on a rainy Sunday morning,

Sounds like everyone is having a good long weekend.

macdor

Post by macdor » Sun May 24, 2009 3:59 am

Morning everyone - think we are all moving slow.

"T" have a safe trip.

Joanne sounds like a fun day. Happy that you are getting a nice day for it.

Chriss breakfast anytime is good. Hope that you get time to sew, that is more fun than cutting. You have had your share of cutting the last couple of days.

Talking of cutting that is something that I will be doing today. Have to cut the batting for GS3's quilt. Did the back yesterday. Want to send the quilt off to the longarm quilter this week. Then cut the strips for GS4's quilt I'm doing El's "Cornerstones of My Life" that is in "Still Stripping After 25 Years". Did a load of wash so hope that the rain holds off today so that the load drys. Will be happy when I get a dryer. We are adding a bedroom and one end of the walk in closed the washer and dryer will be stacked. Till the room is done I don't have room for the dryer. I don't mind hanging wash out, and most of the time here there is not a problem. Just when we go into the wet part of the year. Then it makes things a little harder. But, I don't have water in the house like a lot of people in Fl. have. So not beginning able to do wash is a small thing.

Everyone have a great day what ever you do.

DorothyM

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun May 24, 2009 4:03 am

Good Morning Everyone!

It's a totally wonderful day in MN. DD is home with me all day and we are going to have LOTS OF FUN working in the yard. Going to mow and weed whack then run up to the Hardware store for Weed & Feed (gotta kill those darn dandelions) We're going to plant some Gladia bulbs (one of my Dad's favorite flowers) and some sunflower seeds for the birds and burn some more papers (still have 6 boxes left of old papers to get rid of. Some where in there we'll sneak in our afternoon nap and a few loads of laundry!

OH great news.... DD is going to move in with her boyfriend so I get a bedroom back!! A new place to store my fabric!!! I will sure miss her, but she'll be close by.

Well, the day is a-wasting so time to get butt in gear. Just gotta figure out which chore to start first!

Have a great day every one!

Marymargaret

xteacher

Post by xteacher » Sun May 24, 2009 5:49 am

It's raining again here, so at least I don't have to water plants DD put in last week. DH got all the rice fields planted. He worked until 9:00 last night putting levees in them before the rain, but didn't get those finished. It takes longer to plant them than the fields because you have to go so slow. I'm going to run to the nursing home to see how fil is, I may coerce DH into going to see his dad since it's raining. I had hoped to come home and quilt the borders of my D&N, but it's so gloomy I may not. I do charity quilts at night, but if it's important, I try to wait for daylight so I can see better.

Return to “Sew ins”