Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday Monday.......May 18th 2009

Daily discussions.
cindyg

Re: Monday Monday.......May 18th 2009

Post by cindyg » Mon May 18, 2009 3:03 am

Good Monday morning, y'all. It's cool here - in the 50's - and no humidity. It feels wonderful. By Thursday we will be back to hot and humid. I almost got everything I wanted to get done done. I am glue basting down the binding on Pink Lemonade so I don't have to have all those pins in it when I'm hand stitching it. I'm taking it to the lake this weekend and hopefully I'll get the hand sewing finished. I learned one thing - I will never use flannel for backing on a quilt that large again. I feel like I've been wrestling a 400 lb. gorilla all weekend. It is SO heavy and pushing that gorilla thru my sewing machine while putting on the binding just about did me in. Anyway, yesterday I sang at both services at church, came home and did a load of laundry and worked on PL until 5 PM at which time we met friends for dinner. Didn't get home until 8 PM and I commenced to work on PL some more. Tonight I have to finish glue basting the binding on it so it will be all ready to go to the lake. We will be leaving Thursday after work. WOO HOO.

Y'all have a great day whatever you are doing.

sharonkl

Post by sharonkl » Mon May 18, 2009 4:04 am

Good morning ..shhhh Cooper is napping so I thought I'd chat for a while.
Cindyg sounds like we are having the same kind of weather.

Chriss I like the kind of weather you're having maybe I should visit, what with the garden and all. I keep looking at the post for the sweet swap,I'd like to do it but I can't think of anyting to do!!!!

I am waiting on my qiad order, should be here wed. hope it comes sooner, can't wait to see the true blue fabric. I ordered the table runner kit also,gonna be fun when it comes.

Hope everyone has a good monday. I'm going to go sew for a while til Cooper wakes up, we/I call him "mini coop" but he isn't so mini. He is almost 7 mos old and weighs 23 lbs. He is so much fun, at that cute age. I forgot all the stages babies goes through, dd's are 24 & 28..too long ago to remember.
Sharon

Caroline1947

Post by Caroline1947 » Mon May 18, 2009 4:10 am

Im off to the doc today for more tests...I just wanna SEWWWWW!!!!!
Vicky, i like your idea about the books. Thats what I just did with DD when she bought her house. I gave her all my cook books,lots of dishes,etc.etc.She only lives 4 blocks away so i can borrow them and she can clean them!!

Roben

Post by Roben » Mon May 18, 2009 4:31 am

Good Morning Everyone! It was cloudy and cool most of the weekend here, and I was positively lazy :-) I saw a preview for the new Harry Potter movie, which prompted me to pick up the book and re-read it (which, of course, made me want to go right into the next book - the one DD 'borrowed' that hasn't made its way home yet!) It was the most relaxing weekend we've had since the move - DH puttered around doing little projects (which always makes him happy) and I got to sit around and just read.

This week I want to finish the quilt top on the design wall - a Summer Porch variation made with a Pine Creek Crossing layer cake and charm pack, with RR Quinteessentials for the sashing.

Have a wonderful day!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon May 18, 2009 9:14 am

Just thought I would add my 2 cents worth today - Just finished helping my GF alter the pattern to fit her GD for a bridesmaid's dress. I am on stand-by as my GF doesn't sew that often.

I heading out to find a tone on tone white for my swap block so that I can get them finished before all of my family shows up this week-end. They are spending the next week with us - so I get to play with my 2 littlest grandsons- I even will have them part of the time without parents as they are going to Tahoe. The house will be full with 6 adults and 2 kids!! I am glad they all cook - so I won't have to!!

When it comes to storing their things, I am the mean Mom - when they finally get settled in their own home - I take all the stuff that I saved for them out of the shed and bring it to them as a house warming gift!! I then gain room for more Christmas decorations - besides fabric you can never have to many decorations!!

Have a great day

Jana

CoyoteQuilts

Post by CoyoteQuilts » Mon May 18, 2009 11:58 am

It sounds like everyone is busy with all kinds of things. I am lucky that I am sitting here at the computer. I find that I am on this thing way to much & not much else gets done, so I have been limiting myself on getting on here. This morning I was a good dobee and when I woke up decided I'd just get up & get something done. I cleaned & mopped my floors and threw my bathroom rugs into the washer and started other laundry. DH was out and about looking for a part to fix my van with & we decided to put it into the shop again to have the air checked. It is way to hot out here right now to be driving around without air conditioning. I was going to clean my sewing room, but just don't have the energy today after sitting down & getting on the computer.

I hope everybody has a great day....

Sharon V.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon May 18, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi again, I have finished all that I can do outside, I have to go to Home depot tomorrow and buy a new hose. I also Need some seeds for carrots. I seem to have misplaced them and as soon as I buy some more they will show up. I am working on How Charming and I am ready to put the rows together..It looks awesome. I have another BOM and a challenge for my guild to do. I will wait to do the Barn Block after the video comes up. I have enough red white and blue to make the table runner too if I get time. I have way too many projects started. well back to the sewing....BBL

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Mon May 18, 2009 2:11 pm

just on for a second...we still have company...I have posted pictures of MaryZ and I in the photos section from last Sat.

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Mon May 18, 2009 2:52 pm

I also added some pf my eagle photos from the weekend to the photo section
like this one

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Mon May 18, 2009 4:38 pm

Today was my first day back at work and it was rough. I kept falling asleep in front of my computer. I must go to my family doctor and have a blood workup on my thyroid now. A coworker asked how I was doing this afternoon and I just started crying. Wow almost 50 years old and crying at my desk. I sure was a wimp today lol. I made it through work though and am off friday so that will be good. My sister and I are going to Waynesville Ohio to go to the Fabric Shack and just fart around for the day in different stores. I am looking forward to it.

I hope I do better at work tomorrow.

Brenda

Return to “Sew ins”