Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday Monday.......May 18th 2009

Daily discussions.
Tulpje

Monday Monday.......May 18th 2009

Post by Tulpje » Sun May 17, 2009 9:56 pm

*Smile*

I am just about ready to go to bed.
We had a very pleasant dinner at the Fishermens warf in San Clemente. Bjorn took Jeff and I each for a spin. I expected a BMW, but he had bought a mercedes, midnight blue. He now has his dream job which sometimes requires working in Savanah, GA working on a private Jet. Working sometimes at Disneyland on their Dream suite. Working sometimes in Hawaii or in Colorado.
He did bring his girl friend to introduce her to us. LOL I had to be on my best behavior, he threatened me bringing duck tape if needed. I told him a *kick* under the table would do just as well. My shins would be black and blue.

I was glad I only tried to make a practice run on the tossed 9 patch quilt-top. LOL making them from 2.5" strips results in the corner blocks to be 1" sq finnished size. very cute though.

Tomorrow I'll make hem from 5" strips, which will go faster for a real size quilt. (I hope)

Tomorrow I stay home. YAY Finally the hospital bed and the wheelchair will get picked up. *o/*

Tuesday I have to go to the lab NPO, meaning nothing by mouth for 12 hours. Also UA

Then Jeff will take me along since he has to go vote.

After that it is off to QIAD for sit and sew. Doing my Barn blocks. 9am until 9pm Anne's class is from 6pm until 9pm. She is a FANtasTIC teacher.

All projects under the heart are running very smooth. GREAT job every-one.

Hope your Monday will be a smooth day with a spark of sunshine in your heart.

*FluFF*

*T*

zfatcat

Re: Monday Monday.......May 18th 2009

Post by zfatcat » Sun May 17, 2009 10:44 pm

Hi Tul. Looks like you had a busy weekend and a busy week coming up. I've been trying to sew a little bit each day before work. Looking forward to my days off. Hope everyone has a good day. Lori
Lori 8-)

msdeets

Post by msdeets » Sun May 17, 2009 11:19 pm

Good morning ladies,

Well the two weddings are over with and they were just beautiful. We had such a good time at both of them.

This week I have my son's birthday and then saturday a 90th birthday party for my husbands uncle and maybe the rest of the month will be dedicated to me.

MAYBE!
Have a wonderful monday see you all later.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun May 17, 2009 11:41 pm

Goodmorning Ladies

Well it feels like fall out there again oh well at least the air dosent have to be on just yet and I can save a little on the electric.

today when I come home I have some wash to do and also we have to have an early dinner we have totake the dog to the vets to get his stiches out.

wellhave fun today will check in later.

Lois

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Mon May 18, 2009 12:25 am

My plan today is to get this girl in gear and get this binding on her quilt. Then I have to start boxing up fabric....... yep that's right boxing it up. We have got to get our house in shape for this graduation party and my father is coming in two weeks for the recital so I can't have fabric all over my family room! I live in a too small house for 6 people and someone with a fabric collecting habit and collects books. I was thinking the other day after I'm done homeschooling and my two daughter are gone, I could give them ALL the books and think of the space I will have. If I want to read a book I could borrow it back from them and they can dust them all :-)

I didn't get the last blocks for this quilt yesterday.... grrr... I want it done!

Vicky

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon May 18, 2009 12:58 am

Good Morning all had a very busy weekend and now I must get some stuff done around this house. It is 38 this morning so long sleeves are in order. I need to work more in the garden today. But I will be around reading some of the posts.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon May 18, 2009 1:26 am

Mornin'

well I was so pooped last night we didn't even get to see Survivor... but it was taped and I will watch it after work... watching two little girls is a lot of work... and I am so not used to it...

Today is work then after work I need to get my blocks caught up... there are two to be sent out... they shouldn't take long... and the last block of the UGRR needs to be done, then I can start on my sweet swap...

funny how some of you gals are wearing sleeves... it is almost 4:30 am here and already 70 degrees.. thankfully it will only get up to 100 today and not the 105 we had yesterday..... but the tomatoes love it....

Grammie, enjoy your gardening

Vicky... when the girls move out and you give them the books they will only bring them back and store them in your garage...I have both kids stuff in my garage... lol...

hope you all have a fun day....

Chriss

Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

mommyquilts

Post by mommyquilts » Mon May 18, 2009 1:27 am

Good morning!

I miss you guys! School is almost out...13 more days to go and then a couple of training days tacked on to the end....I can do it....

Have an awesome day!

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon May 18, 2009 2:21 am

Good Morning from Sunny but very windy Minnesota. Yes I am stil alive and well. Haven't posted much lately, but I do read a lot.

It was so nice here yesterday I spent most of the day outside doing yard work. DD was home all day and helped me quite a bit, mowing the lawn and weed whacking. Then we dug into one of my messiest bedrooms. Spent all day Saturday with my Mom, so we kicked butt yesterday! Felt so good to be outside!!!

But alas, it's time to go back to work! Looking forward to the coming Holiday weekend and three days to play! With luck, I'll actually get some time to sew. So many projects, so little time!

Hope everybody has a great day!

Marymargaret

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Mon May 18, 2009 2:50 am

Good Morning everybody. A bright sunny dau here. I think it is going to be in the upper 70's. Perfect! We went to the twin DGD's Ballet Recital last night and it was cute as can be and a real hoot. They looked precious. The whole group, not just ours. LOL

Must do some housework and laundry today. I know I said that evil word but wash my mouth out with soap.LOL It just has to be done. I have 8 more blocks I have to put the fusible stuff on the fabric and cut that out, then iron it onto the blocks. That is my mission for this afternoon & evening. They are rather large blocks, I think 16 inch? Anyway I am enjoying doing the handwork around the pieces. I have a couple of blocks to get made & sent out in the mail but that won't take long at all.

Well I better get started but first must go read under Chit Chat. I hope you ALL have a great day and find some joy & laughter in the day somewhere. Even though it is Monday. We just have to look for it a little harder.

Love You All

Return to “Sew ins”