Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Morning All it's Sunday May 17,2009

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Good Morning All it's Sunday May 17,2009

Post by fabricgirl » Sun May 17, 2009 1:31 am

Well someone has to open the threads I guess that will be me .

It's Druary out and this is probably a good day to pull the covers back over your heads for a little while longer.

Im on my 4th cup of coffee and still no pep my problem is I get up to early .

I going to work on my quilt blocks today .

hope everyones day is great.

Lois

KATHYSQUILTS

Re: Good Morning All it's Sunday May 17,2009

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun May 17, 2009 2:36 am

Morning Lois.....

It is druary here on Long Island also. It is ok with me the lawn needs to be mowed..can not in the rain.

I was up at 6:45 to listen to my short story show on NPR. ..With my wonderful rainy day I will start a baby quilt for my BF 1st Grandbaby. He is a boy!! I am doing quilt as you go or I will never have it done by the shower in 3 weeks.

Off to do a little cleaning...then quilting.

Happy Quilting...Kathy

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sun May 17, 2009 2:40 am

Sun is shining here, but it's cold outside. I think I'll work on putting a baby panel quilt together today & start handquilting it. I can't get motivated to do any projects, so this might be a good start. It's bright pink & lime green, but so adorable. Hope everyone has a good day.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun May 17, 2009 2:48 am

mequilter where are you??

vivian1970

Post by vivian1970 » Sun May 17, 2009 3:38 am

Morning everyone,

Yep it cool outside this morning, about 50 degrees. DH is at the Butler County Fairgrounds today for his car clubs annual car show. He will be, as he puts it, slinging burgers all day for the masses. Translation, he is on the grill cooking those great hamburgers and hotdogs. They should have some great weather with no rain and mild temperatures.

I am spending the day with my son cause he couldn't make it last week for Mothers Day so we are having ours today. He had to move out of his dorm room at NKU yesterday and is moving into the apartments there for the summer. He is working on the maintenance staff this summer. Hopefully he will get his minors done so he can graduate next year.

While he is here we are going to plant some flowers and some tomato plants.

So I may get some sewing done late this evening. Have some Ohio Star blocks to finish this week.

Everyone have a great day and stay safe.

Vivian

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun May 17, 2009 3:48 am

Mornin

it's 61 degrees here but supposed to get to 105... I am not good in the heat... Jerry asked if I would go with him to take the granddaughters home and I said only if we leave early... it is a 2 hour trip each way...

I have sewing to do today... need to make my project blocks and get together some books and get them ready to mail... probably will wait till next week to tackle the new barn block... I like that it also has a table runner pattern with it...

Got my Country magazine yesterday and it has a lot of barns in it with quilt blocks on them... I was showing the baby but she doesn't understand about reading articles... she thinks you just turn the pages then put the whole thing in your mouth... lol.

Next weekend is a long one... I am taking the friday before the weekend off and will have a mini vacation... and I already told Jerry it is my weekend... no kids.... hopefully he will stick to that plan.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.....

ttfn
Chriss
Psalm 91

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sun May 17, 2009 3:57 am

Good Morning everyone!! Cool, as Vivian said, but sunny. Nice day!!
Only thing I HAVE to do today is watch the finale of Survivor tonight!
Chriss, 105 deg. is WAY too hot for me!! Whew! I hate hot weather.
I think I will go to the sewing room this morning...the blocks are calling my name! lol!

Joanne:0)

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Sun May 17, 2009 4:13 am

Good morning everyone. I am going to get a shower here shortly and do some laundry and hopefully some sewing. Not too exciting but that is how I like it.

Tomorrow I go back to work YUCK. I am still on pain pills though because of my shoulder. Tuesday I go to the doctor to find out the results of my MRI I had done friday. I hope they can find out why it hurts so much.

BBL

Brenda

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun May 17, 2009 4:31 am

Good Morning All,
Another day with the grandkids!! We went to the park yesterday, then filled the bird feeders. Going to help Captain Grandpa take down a couple of small trees that were damage by snow. This will mean a ride on the John Deere tractor for the kids.
Have a good one. Lyn

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun May 17, 2009 4:56 am

Good morning everyone. I am going to fix some breakfast and clean up the kitchen. The time has come to go through mom's stuff. My sis and I will be going through it, seperate it out and either keep what we can use or take it to good will or homeless shelter. No one else in the family has responded to Sis as to what they would want. We cannot afford to keep it in storage any longer and need to get the ball rolling to take care of it. I'll be leaving today after breakfast and returning on Tuesday evening.

Everyone have a blessed day with whatever you will be doing.

Mary

Return to “Sew ins”