Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

TGIF.... WooT Friday may 15th

Daily discussions.
gmaann

Re: TGIF.... WooT Friday may 15th

Post by gmaann » Fri May 15, 2009 3:25 am

All you early birds make me feel lazy! I'm alone and I slept in till nearly 8!! The sun is shining and it will be a beautiful day. Will make my son's favorite Chex Mix to take with me to GA tomorrow - always make 2 DOUBLE batches when I'll be seeing him!! Also going to put borders on a quilt today. Cut them last night and pinned 2 on. I'll probably keep the kitchen clean by going out to eat sometime today.

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day!!

Oh, my gosh - I just checked the tracking notice for my QIAD order from last weekend - it's "out for delivery" from Cookeville - only about 40 miles away!! I'm SO excited!

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Fri May 15, 2009 3:42 am

Mornin' all.

"T"...if I had known you were still up and on the 'puter I would have talked to you for a while. I got home from work and read through everything that was happening yesterday. I shut everything down and started off to bed just when you were posting. Sorry you were not able to sleep.

Sue...hope you get some sleep.

Lori...I hope today will be productive for me. I've only spen about 15 to 20 minutes a day actually working on baby quilt I am working on.

Lois...I'm off today, too. Let's not talk too much about grocery shopping. For me that fits in with the chores. I hate having to go into any store that isn't a fabric store on my days off, lol.

Chriss...hope you have a good day at work today.

Brenda...chin up. Enjoy that massage.

Carolj...what is the I Spy block?

Kathy...good luck with your class. Glad to hear all the homework is over.

Joanne...grilling out today sounds good. Maybe I'll force myself to the grocery store to pick up something that I can throw on the grill too. Will depend on the wind.

Cindy...good going. Happy for you that you will get to play after work and this weekend.

BBL

Mary

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Fri May 15, 2009 4:03 am

ok, I'm clean! whooo hooo!
Off to the grocery...it's right up there with housework...ugg!

later!
Joanne:0)

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri May 15, 2009 4:09 am

Good morning all I have been up doing some stuff(Bad Words) I think I need to make some cushions for my front porch chairs. and paint the tables to match...It is a covered porch and we use it soo much in the summer. DH and I sometimes even have lunch or breakfast out there I swept up the leaves and did the front windows...(still no bad works here) so now I think it needs a makeover. I might have to go to Joanns and see what they have in the home dec dept. I have some tv tray tables wooden ones and I might paint them red white and blue and go patriotic for the porch. I'm thinking on it, Hope you all have a great day and a great weekend...Will be gone tomorrow to meet up with friends all day. BBL

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri May 15, 2009 4:52 am

Morning All,
Only been at home base a couple of days and things are already stacking up. Took the RV in for an oil change & stuff yesterday, ran some errand in Ft. Collins area & saw my folks. First thing Mom did was give me back the jacket I had embroidered on before going to Texas and told me she wants more butterflies on it! I may re-post the photo, I need opinions on what, how much & how big to add.

I pick the grandkids up this afternoon, they will spent the weekend with us. Hoohay!! So, I will have some new photos to share.

Tulpje, hope you got some ZZZZ's. Your day sounded like mine, long & busy!

Marilynsgrammy, Enjoy those grandkids!!

KATHYSQUILTS, Congrat's on getting thru the class. Pat yourself on the back for me, OK!

cindyg, What's your secret for getting out of the cooking, etc. & just sewing. I need to know!!

Have a Great day & weekend.
Lyn

jameswife2003

Post by jameswife2003 » Fri May 15, 2009 5:26 am

Morning all. Just got back from the PX, so of course I had an asthma attack. Appointment with the doc next wed. hopefully she can give me something to make it a little better. No sewing, can barely type or read right now because of the shaking. might watch tv some.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri May 15, 2009 5:52 am

Chriss have fun with the grands this weekend....

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Fri May 15, 2009 6:22 am

IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!!! My QIAD order has arrived. I can tell already that I'll never want to be without that Bendable Bright Light!! I went on their website to see about ordering a spare bulb. It says NO BULB TO REPLACE! 12 hours a day for 20 years = 100,000 hours of light. I guess I'll put a new light on my 89th birthday wish list!

Also have some pretty charm squares, some quilt hangers (Tulpje gave me a hard time about my ancient skirt hangers when I posted a photo), a spool of invisible thread, and the Windmill Kit for the Barn BOM. And a real pretty FREE FQ. It's made my day! Can you just imagine my smile??

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Fri May 15, 2009 7:30 am

Hoohray for you Ann!! Im so glad it was what you expected!!and yesssssss I can imagine the smile on your beautiful face!!!
QIAD probably doesent even realize how many smiles their products bring to many faces when received!!LOL!!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri May 15, 2009 7:57 am

Goodafternoon All well all the food shopping is out of the way I realy can't do much I hurt my back yesterday wresteling with the washer i had sheets and a blanket in there and the load became un balanced so now this is the results to that just trying to get some sewing done but I stop for a while will go back to it later.

Ann Im glad you got your order wow what a light .

Chris I won't be starting the charm quilt till after I finish my twisted star.

Jameswife Hope you get better fast.

Brenda nice to see your at your machine again.

Everyone else I hope your haveing a nice day.
well I guess I will sit and watch the tv for a while.

Lois

Return to “Sew ins”