Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday 5/14/09

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: Thursday 5/14/09

Post by grammiequilts » Thu May 14, 2009 4:04 am

Jo, the new book should be out at the end of the month....If you are curious about the quilt in the book.."A Single Thread"...you can go to the authors web site and sign in and you can down load the broken heart quilt pattern...It is cute.
The whole name of the quilt is "Broken Heart Mending"

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Thu May 14, 2009 4:08 am

Morning to all, I'm going to attempt sewing on my "Narco Quilt". That's what I'm calling my bright log cabin that's done in really, really bright colors. If the squares don't turn out quite right, I'm going to trim them up. use black around. make them kind of wonky. no one will ever know, shhh. I'm feeling housebound today & need to do something besides watch tv.

jameswife2003

Post by jameswife2003 » Thu May 14, 2009 4:29 am

Joanne-I did read it, I'm going to look for some. I'm not sure where to get it around here. I don't get as much done as it seems, the house is a mess and I have a hard time finishing anything, but I'm getting better. I'm trying to get the house set up so it runs itself(unfortunately, not with a maid) I'll still have to do the cleaning, but if I have routines in place DH can help and I won't be so lost as to what to do all the time.

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Thu May 14, 2009 5:07 am

Hello everyone! I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning so I could sleep in. I have to work the 2-11 shift today. Hopefully after coffee I'll get my muslin ironed and some blocks made before having to take off.

Joanne...thanks for the authors names. I've been needing some new books to read.

Chriss...hope you have a good day at work, and the after work things are a snap.

Ann...enjoy the recital. My DGD has one coming up in June. I wish I had the money to go out to CA again to see it.

Oh Chrissy...my heart sank when I heard about the tree falling on yur car. You have enough on your plate right now without that happening. Hope the insurance will cover it for you. Prayers still coming your way.

"T"...I am green with envy, you having that porch to enjoy your morning coffee on. I'm still waiting for mine, lol.

JW...So happy to hear you are feeling better today. Be careful not to let the *swear word* knock you back down though. I have to attack some of mine, too. Need to have it done before Sunday as I will be heading down to Albuquerque to meet up with my older sister for a couple of days to go through the rest of our moms belongings. It has been about 2 1/2 months now since she passed away. Everything that our baby sister did not take with her is stored at big sisters house, and she really needs her space back.

Cindy...I got my muslin washed and dried last night. I'll get mine ironed (hopefully) this morning after I get ready for work, and get some blocks ready to mail tomorrow on my day off.

ME...wonky is good. No one will ever know the difference, besides wonky is also fun. Hope you are feeling better. Still praying for you.

Well, I guess I had better get busy or nothing will get done before work. Everyone have a great day and I'll talk to you tomorrow as everyone will be in bed by the time I get home tonight.

Mary

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Thu May 14, 2009 5:54 am

Good morning from semi sunny, semi cloudy SW. Pa...We've had rain, then the sun comes out and then it rains...I guess this is not the day to hang the sheets on the line....

I just had a call from my DD and we're off to the beach on Sunday, yippee....It was to be an "all girls" vacation, but her son (who is 20) would like to come along....I don't care who goes, just so there is room in the van for this old body....

Last night I went to our annual Lioness social and what fun...We played games,ate, told stories, ate and then ate some more...And in the middle of the night I got up and had a piece of strawberry pie...I'll be looking like a beached whale before long....

Joanne, I didn't get to the "cubby hole" yesterday...I got as far as opening the door, 3 cats ran in and decided it was their's for the day....So maybe today, either that or just close the door and forget it....We just have the 1 and I still can't understand how in the world it gets so cluttered with just the 2 of us....I'm beginning to think leprechauns come in during the night...

This afternoon, after DH leaves to help with the elderly bingo, I need to take a run to JoAnn's and then drop off clothes at the drive at church...And I'm going to try to get to the Library to check on some of those books.....

Well, now it's almost lunch time, so I just might have to have another piece of pie....

Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone.....

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Thu May 14, 2009 6:14 am

*Smile*

Yeacks it is only 9:03 and I think I'm done cleaning for the day.
I vacuumed the downsairs. *UGH* And went through junk mail which I trew out. Pepper got sick during the night, so I cleaned that up. She must have felt very poorly because this is not her normal behavior. So now I have the carpet soaking with a disinfecan carpet cleaning solution. <sigh>

Then I went back up-stairs and cleaned Leo's big cage out, so he can spend some time there while I'll clean out his cage in the quilting/sewing room. Might as well vacuum up-stairs also IF I dare to haul the vacuum cleaner up-stairs by myself, else I'll ask jeff once he gets home.

I hope my order from QIAD arrives today, I'm just about ready for it. I have some barn blocks to cach up on, and the quilt top I started at camp to finnish.

Once all that is done I can go play/practise some more on my quiltframe/Juki set-up.

I think I got a lot acomplished allready today. I even tended to my garden areas in our back yard.

Last night I watched Greys Anatomy episode from last week (recorded while I was at camp). WoW.....

I Love Thursday eves, Ugly Betty, Greys and Private Pracise. It's about the only time I'll settle down long enough to watch.

Sorry for rambling on and on......

*T*

jameswife2003

Post by jameswife2003 » Thu May 14, 2009 6:21 am

My mom used to watch Grey's Anatomy, I never got into it...I watch Bones on Thurs. and tonight is the season finale(and they're bringing back my favorite character that they took off at the end of last season!!!!) DH is getting sick of hearing about it...:)

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Thu May 14, 2009 7:57 am

Thanks Grammie for the website...I've bookmarked it and will go back to download the pattern!

ME that quilt sounds cool! I don't think I've ever seen a bright colored log cabin set "wonky", but I'll bet it would be awesome!!!! You go girl!

JW, since Skin so Soft is an Avon product, I'm sure there's an Avon "lady" on your base somewhere. Maybe just ask around.

Heck, Irishgram, I'd NEVER go in to clean the cubby hole! I'm lucky I can get the "have-to" stuff cleaned! What beach are you going to??

Rosebud, you all have your work cut out for you with your mom's stuff..

"T" I don't know how you keep up with the cleaning of all the cages and stuff...it's just me and DH and I can't get OUR cage cleaned! lol!

I'm a Survivor fan, so we'll be glued to that tonight! Love that show.
I did sew today!!! A couple of BC blocks and cut out two blocks for the Pick and Stitch (I'm WAYYY behind!lol!). DH and DS2 fixed bacon, eggs, toast and gravy so that was wonderful! (Man, I keep thinking about that strawberry pie, Irishgram!!! lol!)

Time to put on the beans and ham in the crockpot for dinner....easy!!

Joanne:0)

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu May 14, 2009 7:59 am

Hi all Im back from work and am on hold with express-scripts I just got someone on the line I cant wait till my DH comes home he will have to give them his permission to access OUR account now mind you I do all the calling and I do all the computer work but I still need his permission .

It looks like it'sgoing to rain any minuet and Im so glad that Im home Im going to look upstairs for some fabric that I have I found a cute pattern for an A line dresses for my DGD so I will put mu quilt a side for a few and try and make her another summer dress.

Well have fun will pop back in later.
Lois

jameswife2003

Post by jameswife2003 » Thu May 14, 2009 8:21 am

Joanne-I'll ask, but I don't really know anyone on post right now. Shouldn't be too hard to find one though. I might be able to find something online too.

I was in the middle of inventoring the pantry when the power went out! It's back on now(thankfully) and hopefully will stay on. We had to go out to eat for lunch(which takes forever and isn't as good as what I can cook) so now I'm going to go finish the pantry so I can play:)

Return to “Sew ins”