Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Wednesday Morning

Daily discussions.
Roben

Re: Good Wednesday Morning

Post by Roben » Wed May 13, 2009 3:43 am

Good morning everybody!

It is a cool, damp morning here in Iowa - had storms last night and again early this morning, but it's clearing off now for a beautiful day - and I don't have to water this morning LOL! I get to work on my latest project after a few 'maintenance tasks <G> and give my poor back a rest today.

towens71

Post by towens71 » Wed May 13, 2009 3:48 am

Good morning all! Wow! So many up and running already this morning! I've been working on a baby quilt, it's quilted and 1/2 of the binding is sewn on, I need to make a label and get the binding down, then mark 1 more thing off of my UFO list. YEAH! I need to start cutting the squares for the Nickle swap, will probably start that tonight as my embroidery machine is making the label.

Not sure what I'll do after the nickles are done. I'm working on a friendship quilt for a friend at work. She bought the noodles and the fabric, it's going to be very cool when its done. Yep I'll take a picture of it, and try to find that silly cord so I can upload it!

I gave my mom the Pioneer Womens Quilt for Mothers day, made with Emily's Rsapberry Patch from Connecting Threads and she LOVED it! Which I knew she would!

Have a great day everyone!

Traci

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed May 13, 2009 3:51 am

Hi Everyone!
I hope everyone is having a great day. I finshed sewing one f the BOM yesterday. Today I am waiting for my QIAD order. I had an e-mail from Fed-ex that it was sent yesterday so maybe I will get it today. I need to get unbleached muslin too for the PFTH, not today though.

PFTH - Project from the heart

Hope everyone is having a great day.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed May 13, 2009 4:01 am

I have plenty of muslin but how do you know if it is unbleached?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Wed May 13, 2009 4:26 am

grammiequilts, What is a How Charming quilt? do you have a pic?

lucieshouses

Post by lucieshouses » Wed May 13, 2009 4:28 am

Good morning everyone. I've noticed quite a few of us have complained about backache at the cutting table. I bought some bed risers at Linen's and Things and use them on my cutting table.

If you are short it might make the table too high. One of my favorite quilt shops uses them and recommended them. Just a suggestion. Lucie

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Wed May 13, 2009 4:43 am

Good Morning everyone!! A little rainy here in SW Ohio this morning, but a nice day.

I'm pooped out from yesterday! We put in our vegetable garden. Whoo Hoo!! DH's oldest son came to do the final till of the garden and he helped plant. DH is limited on what he can do with his shoulder, but he was a great drill sargent! He about wore me out! lol! We planted tomatoes, green beans, onions, jalepeno peppers, red bell peppers, broccoli and brussel sprouts. I'm sooooo happy it is in the ground!!!

Then I planted my strawberry pot with strawberries. It's one of those pots with holes all around and you stick in the plants in the holes. Cute, if it works! lol!

Then we went to the showgrounds and moved some rose bushes from one side of the log cabin to the other side and brought a BIG lavender plant from home to plant in front of the chimney at the cabin. The roses were there, but weren't doing very well. The soil is pretty poor with all the debris from the chimney construction, but the lavender doesn't care..so it should do ok.

So I had a very busy day yesterday and I'm resting today!!

Grammie, this photo is for YOU!!!!! It is a picture of a plastic bag holder that I have hanging in my summer kitchen:

[/img]

LOL!!!!
Joanne:0)

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Wed May 13, 2009 4:45 am

If you "zoom" in at about 200% you can see her face! It is priceless!!

Joanne:0)

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Wed May 13, 2009 6:28 am

Good early afternoon from Sunny, perfect SW. Pa...Everyone seems to be up and running but in this house, I'm moving like a snail...I have managed to do the bedroom and clean the kitchen so now need to take that lunch break.....

DH had to go out and get mulch, grass seed and all those things men like to play with...When I look at our yard, it's green but he keeps telling me, he needs more grass seed???? He also has a fetish about his "garden". He put in tomatoes and peppers yesterday and I told him I'd put in some sunflowers around the edge...Well, after I was done, he said, make sure you rake, I don't want any footprints in the garden....I can see trouble looming on the horizon....

I'm going to try to clean one of our storage closets...We call it the "cubby hole" and it's like a little room but it's only about 4 ft. high. When the kids were young, we kept their toys in there and they thought it was a great place...Now I have blankets and all kinds of stuff plus the DG kid's toys...Well, it needs cleaning and I'm worried that I might get in there and not be able to get back out.... So if you don't hear from me for a couple of days, I'm stuck in the cubby hole.....

Enjoy the rest of the afternoon, everyone

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed May 13, 2009 6:53 am

Hey Jo what are you trying to say????LOL That is very cute though.....
You hid her false teeth didn't you?
A nice collection of iron skillets...I love iron skillets.

Return to “Sew ins”