Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

GoodMorning it''''s Tuesday 5/12/09

Daily discussions.
jameswife2003

Re: GoodMorning it''''s Tuesday 5/12/09

Post by jameswife2003 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:50 am

grammie-I had to work really hard too, it's not easy to not say that word!!!

Dishes are done, so I'm taking a break and squaring up some triangles.

Good luck, Brenda!

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Tue May 12, 2009 5:29 am

shhhh the kids in my classroom are taking their STAR test (yearly test for the State of Calif). They were having a contest a few minutes ago to see who could bubble answers in the fastest ;) To these children the testing is a joke they are all 2-3 years academically delayed so the 4th grade test is way beyond their abilities. this is the last day then we can all get back to the business of teaching and learning.

I sorted fabric last night (but my UGRR blocks are still hiding) and tonight is my guild meeting. I will clean up the fabric piles after work and then get over to my meeting, come home watch the taped American Idol and start packing up for the weekend :)

Sue--hope your daughter gets better soon being a new Mommy is hard work

oh better go the kids are finished and now I get to keep them until their classroom teacher calls

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue May 12, 2009 6:08 am

Brenda - I hope you hear good news today.

Vicky - take care of those eyes. It would be hard to sew/quilt without them.

SueSwan - I hope it's nothing serious with your DD. It's hard to make them understand that they really do need time to recoup.

Rosebud - Home Depot or Lowe's is another place where I'd never make it home with a pay check. I'd spend it all at the store.

JW - oh, Lordy, don't get yourself grounded from your quilting machine! Go ahead and sweep the dirt under the rug and be done with it - LOL.

Roben - taking up the patio blocks and redoing sounds like a tough job. I bet it will look nice when you get through with it though.

Grammiequilts - it's hard to declare a fun day - I don't think my boss would appreciate that too much - but you have yourself a fun day and have some fun for me.

SewCarolyn - I guess you like your guild or you wouldn't belong to it. I've heard some can be snobbish but, even so, I've been thinking about trying one or at least go to a meeting. My problem is that I work and am involved in church and we go to the lake quite a bit so I don't have time to get very involved in guild stuff so I think I would be snubbed. But I might go check it out anyway and at least get to hear the guest speaker and see their show & tell.

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Tue May 12, 2009 6:32 am

Good early afternoon from very sunny, chilly SW. Pa...We're off to a gorgeous day and we sure need it....

I did our bread delivery to Meals this morning...Every Mon. and Wed. we pick everything that is left over at Panera bread and our people at Meals are so happy to get all those goodies and bread...I also stayed at the office and helped with the count and then went for my dreaded doctor's appointment...He's never sure just what to do with me and after I told him I'm turning into a dizzy broad, he ordered a brain scan. (for real).I have a history of having TIAs, but I honestly think he just wants to prove there's nothing there, as he's been telling me for years, lol..And along with all the meds, he now wants me to take something for my weakening bones, Yuck! (I told him I'd think about it)...

I did manage to clean the bathroom and kitchen and was hoping I'd get a call from a friend to go to lunch...Darn, that phone hasn't rung and now I might have to actually do something productive this afternoon...

Brenda, sending special thoughts and prayers for a good report from your doctor..
Sue, Hoping your DD takes your advice...And what a sacrifice, holding a newborn DGS..

Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Tue May 12, 2009 7:14 am

Yep, I needed those glasses. I'll be getting bifocals :-(

I won't be doing anything much today as I can't hardly see, he dialated my eyes and wow it's really bad. Giving me a headache too. I guess I have a GOOD reason to take anp this afternoon.

Vicky

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Tue May 12, 2009 8:24 am

Hi Vicky, Im so glad you went! I know how it feels not to see properly, I have cataracs, I went yesterday for a re exam also!
Do you think that may have been the contributing factors to you feeling so tired ,cause you couldnt see properly, I know when my glasses arent right I feel that way!

Huggs

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Tue May 12, 2009 9:02 am

just checking in today to see how everyone is doing. I'm trying to straighten out my sewing room & have concluded that it's a lost cause. Anyone else ever feel that way? Hope you all have a good day!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue May 12, 2009 9:32 am

I needed bifocals, too, until I had cataract surgery on my left eye. After that I only needed those cheater glasses for reading and close up work. Now the cataract is bad enough in my right eye that I can have the surgery and ins. will pay part of it. That will have to wait until next year. The crazy thing is that now I don't need glasses for anything. I can see far off and I can see to read. I'm not complaining.

sharonkl

Post by sharonkl » Tue May 12, 2009 10:41 am

Good afternoon
Hope everyone is having a good day. I have been to sam's club twice today and am heading there in a few. First I had to take back some outfits I got for Cooper, he is so big, had to get 18 months and only 6 mos old old!! My dd said she put one of the outfits on him sunday and she had to literally cut it off him it was so small. He hates having anything put over his head, He gets sooo mad. Of course while I was there I found some capri's, too big,so I took them back and when I got home found the tags had been switched and were wrong size. So off I go back again....

Brenda hope your dr appt goes well. I am still praying for you.

Does anyone know how to keep rabbits from eating you flowers and veg. plants? I have this rabbit(s) living in my back yard, like them but I really don't want them eating everything either. I hink there is more than one,not sure though.
Take care all
bbl
Sharon

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue May 12, 2009 12:24 pm

I'm up and ready for the day. Oh wait...it's almost over. lol

I'll be sewing later. Have a guild meeting tonight and then another one tomorrow. I hope they have good speakers. TTFN
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”