Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

It's Saturday May 9,2009

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

It's Saturday May 9,2009

Post by fabricgirl » Fri May 08, 2009 11:12 pm

Goodmorning All
It's 5:00 and just stopped raining for a few minuets and Im sipping on some coffee my DH is takeing me out to breakfast today because he has to work tommrow just as well I can't stand crowded places today I have my Grandchildren Olivia and Virgil comming to my house my DD and SIL have her best friends from highschool wedding so there won't be any sewing going on for today .

our town celebrates Avenel Day so if it is nice we will venture down to the park for the festivites this is perfect timeing for us.

I hope Everyone has a wonderfull Day doing whatever.

Lois

momof6quilts

Re: It's Saturday May 9,2009

Post by momof6quilts » Sat May 09, 2009 12:34 am

We went to a barn dance last night. I wasn't going to dance but there were too few partners so I got "talked" into going out (more like dragged out) I had a good time but I'm sore EVERYWHERE this morning! It was good to do with my children.

I'm planning on cutting out piano keys for the wedding quilt today.Then if I have any energy left I'll find another pair of jeans to cut up for the rag quilt, I'm only half way through with that.

I had to take Figaro Dog to the vet for his ears again yesterday (this has been going on two years) We had a different vet look at him and she found embedded ear mites, she said they may have been the problem all along and she was sure it was. Poor little guy! So we got some new drops for the ears and he had two shots.

We've been invited up to Shannon's for supper to celebrate Mother's Day as both have church stuff tomorrow.

Well, I hope everyone has a nice day.

Vicky

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat May 09, 2009 1:24 am

Good Rainy Morning!!

I know we have had days & days of rain but I just love a day like this to clean & sew.

My BF is going to be a first time Grandmother so today I will pick out fabrics for the quilt. I am going to make the log cabin using the quilt as you go method. I have too much quilting and other things going on to hand quilt and get it done by June 20th.
I am also making my BOM block today. It is 8 flying geese and wish me luck because I am also making each one in a half size mini. My flying geese are all ways a challenge to me.

I am off now to make an other cup of tea.....later.

Happy Quilting....Kathy

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sat May 09, 2009 1:59 am

Good morning, everyone!

I woke up around quarter to three after having the weirdest dream about my ex...nothing racy, just weird...LOL! Brain started percolating, DH was snoring, and I couldn't get back to sleep so around 0340 I threw in the towel and got up.

I went to El's retreat in Julian and was delighted to learn I had overpaid and had *store credit* coming to me....whee ha! I came home with the 16-inch square up ruler and two YUMMY Moda jelly rolls. Haven't ever bought jelly rolls before, but the colors were calling to me, light tans, blue, burgundy, greens...MMMMMM! Was going to just get one but with the credit due, I splurged and got two. Don't want to run out <sheepish grin!>

The retreat was lots of fun, as always, though the time went by 'way too fast. For the first time, I was wishing I could stay one more day! I got what I call a "good running start" on two quilts.

Today, I have to do some tidying and cleaning. My nephew and his wife recently moved to southern California and are driving down to see my mom/his grandma tomorrow. The living room has been sorely neglected and needs some excavation and TLC, and the bathroom could use a bit of spiffing up as well. Bleah...I hate housework, but love the results. Maybe if I work really hard I can sneak in a nap in the afternoon?

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat May 09, 2009 2:38 am

Good Morning

Cold and rainy here too.... I'm visiting DS again, it was his birthday yesterday. Today one of his uncles and wife are coming down... will be going to see Star Trek, and come back here for dinner.

Sounds like everyone has a busy day ahead... CaroleJ I would definately try to take a nap!!

See ya later,
Cynthia

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sat May 09, 2009 2:52 am

Good morning everyone!! The weather alarm went off again several times earlier, so I finally just got up! It's raining again.

I hope to get some sewing done today - no other plans. Our children all live far away, so Mother's Day will be quiet.

Hope you ALL have a great day doing what you love!

Carole, I'm so glad you had time at Camp again. I look forward to November!!

Vicky, REST UP!

Kathy, It's always fun to make something for someone we love, isn't it??

Cynthia, Enjoy the time with your son!

And Lois, Grandchildren can always 'trump' sewing - and that's saying a LOT! Have fun with them - create MEMORIES!

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat May 09, 2009 2:57 am

Good Morning From Minnesota!

Oh my gosh what an absolutely beautiful day it is here today! Temp is cool for now, but I'm sure it will warm up nicely with the sun shine.

My chore list is a mile long, but unfortunately it doesn't include any sewing today. I've been waiting all winter for days like this to be outside doing things around the yard. I have 8 HUGE cardboard boxes of old papers to burn and the lawn to mow and a messy garage to clean and I'm thrilled to be able to stay home and git 'er done!

I've been spending most of my weekends with my Mom and she insisted I stay home this weekend, tho I am going down tomorrow for Mother's Day as I believe this may be the last Mother's Day I get to spend with her.

We close on the sale of our building on Monday, so later on today, if the rest of you haven't snatched it all up I'm going to treat myself to some True Blue Fabric!!! Are you kiddin' me---Blue & Yellow I gotta have It!!!!

Wishing you all a wonderful day! And a very special Mother's Day

Marymargaret

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat May 09, 2009 3:16 am

Good Morning a quick hello, I will be headed out to the garden...It is sunny and windy but I will get the root crops planted today. I also need to do some weeding. I am sitting with the 2 youngest DGS tonight so I won't get any sewing done. But I worked a little on my BOM...at least I got all the fabric cut and the windmill facric fused.Might BBL??? Hope everyone has a great day...Prayers for those who need especially Kadie's DH, see chit chat for details.

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sat May 09, 2009 3:37 am

Good Morning everyone!! Sounds like everyone is going to be VERY busy today!! We should have a beautiful day today...in the 70's and maybe some sun. It's been raining ALOT! But no storms. I'm with you Kathyquilts...I love the rainy days for sewing and (maybe!)cleaning.

Maryq I just got my order from QIAD with some True Blue charms...had to see the whole line. It is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! I, too, love the blues and yellows. There's not enough money to buy everything...but if I could, I would!! It is my favorite shades of blue and yellow...and I love the greens, too. I'm thinking of a quilt for our bed...and maybe a tote! Or maybe I'll just stack it in the fabric room and look at it! lol!

Don't forget the 25% off everything sale at QIAD this weekend ONLY!!! I wonder if I can sneak another order past DH....hmmmmm!!!!

Going to the sewing room right now to see if I can get caught up on my sew alongs...

Joanne:0)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat May 09, 2009 4:03 am

Good Morning my friends....

Vicky, a barn dance sounds like fun...

Kathy, good luck with those geese... I need to make mine for the UGRR sew along but thankfully they aren't mini geese... my fingers are so jumbly and uncoordinated they would just make a mess of mini geese lol

Carole, how wonderful to find you got store credit... I have a jelly roll that I have never cut into... I think I am afraid to do it...lol...

Joanne, thanks for reminding us about the sale.... when I go shopping I type the letter A in the search box and wait for the page to come up then I can scroll down and see everything.. it's fun shopping isn't it?

Cynthia, enjoy your movie and visit with family... are you a trekkie???

MaryMargaret, gosh, glad I don't have your chore list... have a fun day.

Grammie, give those grandsons a squeeze for me... so so sorry you won't be sewing today.... awwwwww... lol.... hmmmm, guess I had better be thinking about what color I want my FQ to be... I will get back to you....lol...

Lois, hope you have too much fun with those grandkids today... give them a squeeze for me....

I am off to the sewing room to win a bet.... then if I finish early I may take my future DIL to a quilt shop... my son and she are spending the weekend.. he has to teach a fire class today and she and I will "hang out"

you all have a super day....

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”