Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

GOOD MORNING ALL ON NOVEMBER 22

Daily discussions.
quiltnewby05

Re: GOOD MORNING ALL ON NOVEMBER 22

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:09 am

Good job Vicky, maybe the next bags will take less time???

It's 3pm now, have been at since 7am, so I'm calling it quits to clean my kitchen, put a chicken in the oven, and maybe make some cranberry bread!!

See ya later:)

xteacher

Post by xteacher » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:14 am

I'm still putting away the last of the stuff from having my floors done. Then, since I couldn't get into my closet because I had shoved the last minute stuff in there, I decided to switch out my winter/summer clothes. I'm not completely done, but had to take a break. I am still in the mood to weed stuff out, so several tops that I haven't worn in a while or have out grown are in a bag to go to charity. I like being able to look in a drawer or shelf and find a little extra room. Of course, the first time I need something I've thrown out, I'll probably be mad. I can't work too long without having to get off my feet, so it's break time.

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:19 am

Wow, I must be doing something right. DH asked if I felt like eating, whenI said yes he offered to take me out to Outback Steakhouse. Yummy
While we're out, might as well pick up some stuff at the grocery. We're almost out of dog food. Heaven forbid. The poor babies will starve. Yeah, right.
Must go shower. I look like I've been in bed for 2 days. I'm off. (At least that's some people's opinion)

Rosie

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:55 am

I finished the second table runner and matching placemats. I will start on the apron next and think I will make hot pad mitts to go with it. The only other thing I HAVE to finish by Christmas is a body pillow for my DD. She remarks on the flannel fabric I used to make my rag quilt so I think I will go get some of that. I am thinking about using the microbeads as filling so I think I should make a lining out muslin.

I would like to make a simple tote bag for four of the neighbor ladies, but I have plenty of time.

Rosie Glad you are feeling

Vicky Please post a picture of the bag I would love to see it

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:36 am

[/img]

Emma's Bag

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:18 pm

Vicky the bag looks great. I guess I don't know what 'Webkinz ' are.How do they fit in the holes? I thought you were talking about pockets

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:24 pm

Hi all. It is a plush pet that kids adopt and u can play games on line too. Check it out. http://www.webkinzwiz.com/

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:30 pm

Thank you Sarah that is so cute Vicky how clever of you to figure out how to make the holes and frame them. Good Job

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:31 pm

**Brrrrrrrrrrrr**

Hi every * 1 *

I am staying here at a motel while visiting my son.
Poor kid was starving.
I fed him yesterday and today, and have one more day to feed him.
I fly back home next Monday.

I wish I knew my way around this little town (Sonora,CA. close to Yosimity). I brough quilting/fabric/cutting and sewing notions with me, but did not have a small enough cutting mat that fits into my suitcase. So I want to find a store in this area to buy one.

I NEED to keep working on my BOM projects. Next month we're having a BOM party with a pot-luck. where we 'have' to show our FINNISHED projects for the photo shoot for EL's new book that'll come out next year. NO pressure there.

I miss all of you.
It is VERY tough on me to be here by myself.

I better go back to my room now where I can turn my heater on. I swear this motel lobby is kept at 45*

If anyone close to here knows where I can go to buy a cutting mat, I hope to log back in here in about 1 hour.

Take care, cause I care.

*T*

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:09 pm

Vicky, great bag... really cool

Q7... way to keep those legs moving... keep up the great work... woo hoo....

Gee Sandy, you have been so so busy...hope you post pictures.

Susanna, so so sorry that your son was starving... those boys do get that way sometimes don't they? stinkers.... Sonora is a fun town...I think there are some quilt shops there someplace... it has grown so much since I was a kid...they also have some fun used book stores.... Does your son live in that area? it is beautiful there.

you all have a great night... I need to think of something to make with hamburger.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”