Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

GOOD MORNING ALL ON NOVEMBER 22

Daily discussions.
sewcarolyn

Re: GOOD MORNING ALL ON NOVEMBER 22

Post by sewcarolyn » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:23 am

good morning.....
I went to bed last night at 9:30 good thing my family knows that I love the show NUMBERS and recorded it.
I think I will finish some small projects today and then start on my sewing room tomorrow and organize it a little.

Chriss.......have a great smoke free day

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:53 am

Good Morning

I woke up with NO HEADACHE this morning, thank heavens that was getting old. Plus I was weird dreams right before I woke up, I am sure because of the headache, I hate that.

I talked to my sister this morning she is about 5 hours out, but she is going to stop at her son's place for the weekend then come up here Monday. Jesse is stationed at Ft Lewis and is preparing for his third tour in Iraq.

I got to sew most of the day yesterday and I am sure I heard my machine say 'it's about time' when I sat down to sew. I get to sew all day today as well.

I was watching the quilt shows this morning and Kaye Woods and a really interesting way to do the 'attic window' quilt and I am anxious to try it. It looked like even a newbie could do this one.

Dee - a cruise is on my list of things to do. Did you enjoy it and would you do it again?

sewcarolyn - I watched numbers last night it was pretty good.

Brenda - hope you got some sleep

Rosie and CaroleJ - hope you two feel better soon

Chriss you are doing so well, keep it up

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:06 am

Good afternoon from cold, dreary SW. Pa....We're really having a cold spell, you'd think it was really winter....Not much happening in this neck of the woods...DH is already in front of the TV watching high school football play off games...Another hour or so, Notre Dame will be starting...All the cats are having their afternoon naps and I think, after a bit of lunch, I'll head to my sewing room....Lots and lots of projects to finish....
Enjoy the day, everyone

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:43 am

Hello again....
You'll probably groan when you hear this, but I've been listening to xmas music all morning while I'm sewing!! Makes me feel like Santa's elf, making a xmas gift quilt:)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:46 am

Sandy, too cool, no headache.... what a blessing....

Here is what I am thinking of doing... I have tons of scraps mostly cut into strips anywhere from 2 to 3 inches wide and heaven knows how long... all lengths..

I am thinking of sewing them all together then making a template to cut out a grandmothers fan... I will put the fan on a white?? 12 inch block ..........this means none will match and the fan slats will be different widths....what do you think, will this work? what else can I do with the scraps???

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:20 am

Afternoon everyone. I ran to the fabric shop to get flannel to back one of my grandaughters' quilt. Then went and mailed my Secret Santa gift. After dinner I am going to layer the 2 quilts for our grandaughters. Have a good day
Suzette58
Suzette

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:20 am

I had a little burst of energy and cleaned up in the kitchen, put away the clean dishes, washed the dirty ones, wiped down all the countertops and the stuff that lives on them. We have a new-ish radio station here that actually plays rock, R&B, Motown...it kept me going. Now I need some hand lotion; I'm all rough!

I am going to go sit on my butt and watch NCIS...if I can stay awake!

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:38 am

Hi all,

I was on really early today, but was too sleepy to write a coherent sentence. Seems the dogs' bladders have adjusted to my work schedule, so they are up even on my days off.

Since I did absolutely nothing yesterday, I feel somewhat better today. Not up to all 8 cylinders, but at least up to 6.

Sandy. so glad your head was better today. It is such a b---- to wake up with a headache.

Dee, what cruise line were you on. We've been on several, but I swear Disney is the best overall. The service is impeccable, the entertainment and food are wonderful and you DO NOT see the kids all the time. They keep them so busy, you wouldn't know they are there.
If you've ever been to the parks, the service is of that quality, but better.

If you miss your machine too much (I know I do ), try a quilting cruise. I went on one in Jan. and DH is going w/ me on one in Sept. He wants to go to Alaska, and the rates were really good.

Watching a little football, then will try to sew a little. Have a great afternoon everyone.

Rosie

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:33 am

Well I have decided I am "bag" challenged! I made this bag today with 9 wholes in the front so my granddaughter can put her Webkinz in the holes. (some thing my daughter dragged me through the mall to see!) She asks can you make these for the girls for Christmas, Oh yes! Says I. Well never having made a bag before I should have thought twice. It took me 5 and half hours, Yes, that's right five and half HOURS to make this bag today. But it is done and look really nice! I only have two more to go........

Vicky

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:04 am

Hi Everyone,
Welcome Back Dee! Glad your trip went well and you had a good time.

This morning did laundry, pressed some HST, finally made the Banana Nut Bread then did my run/walk then worked in the yard for a couple of hours with my DH. We really need to put in some time this week and next. We could not work outside last weekend and have been neglecting working in the yard. I still want to clean up one of the beds this afternoon, then sew. BBL

Return to “Sew ins”