Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Morning 21st of Nov

Daily discussions.
Quilter7

Re: Good Morning 21st of Nov

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:52 am

Good Morning Everyone!
I am working this afternoon, so spent some moments sewing more of the Birds in the Air. I still have 48 HST to trim. I have made progress!!

Chriss - you are inspiring to all of us!

I decided this week if you can give up smoking I can start running! I need to lose weight and really need to exercise more. Walking for me does not make me lose weight and I really need to step it up a notch. My DH runs a few times a week and has lost about 15 pounds. He looks better and his BP is better, so I thought maybe I could run too. This week I have done walk/runs. I cannot run a mile, but I am closer than I was at the beginning of the week.

BarbieJean

Post by BarbieJean » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:58 am

Jacquie - I machine sew the front and then turn the binding to the back and hand sew the back.

Grammy2

Post by Grammy2 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:10 am

Morning everyone!!
Beautiful day here, should be about 78 & sunny. Love it

Chriss, congrats & lucky you on having tomatoes left. Mine are all out of the ground now. I had to buy a tomatoe last wk & it's just not the same :(

Luv2 and fabric will send you this sunshine :)

grammie, sorry for your sad day, will be thinking of you. Wow 180 people you will be busy

Rosie sorry your sick, hope you feel better soon

Sharon I feel your pain LOL. Not a fun job. Our motorhome was in a windstorm last week at the desert & when I got it home thre was dirt everywhere. I'm sure I didnt get it all out yet

Brenda, get some sleep....Cant wait for you to see what you quilted in your sleep LOL. After a race one time, my DH fell asleep in his chilesize at Dennys. Face down. ROFLOL

Rosebud & Jacquie your both busy sewing today. lucky you

Jacquie I machine sew the binding on the front & hand stitch to the back. I want to learn El's way on machine sewing the whole thing.

Cathy, glad you are sleeping. Its hard when a child's life is not going well, even if they are grown. Been there done that :(

Quilter, I hate running but I should get out & walk!

I'm off for my yearly physical. then errands after. Prob no sewing again today

Have a great day

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:26 am

Jacquie, I am with Sharon, I machine stitch the binding on the top side and hand stitch it to the back. I like the nice neat look. Every time I have tried to machine stitch on the back it looks like ca-ca so I tear it out and go back to my tried and true method.

Hope everyone is well, or at least better than I am, lol! I have had this nasty cold for a week now, can't shake it off. I have been doing a bit of sewing here and there. If I sit down to watch telly or try to read I fall asleep. My kids think it's pretty funny...

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:27 am

Jacquie, I sew the binding on by machine then fold it to the back and stitch it down by hand same as Barbie Jean.

I'm at work. Whoever posted that jigsaw puzzle link - thanks a lot! LOL I'm so addicted to jigZone that I'm not coming to the forum much. Nothin' like being OCD.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:30 am

Grammy2 - I didn't say I liked to run, but needed to rachet up the exercise. I have always walked so it is not working at weight loss. I did my walk/run this morning. It was hard, but now it is done.

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:33 am

WTG Chriss!!!

Brenda if I could sew in my sleep I would get a lot more sewing done LOL!!!

Carol I can't run to hard on my knees. Good luck!

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:14 am

Good Morning

Woke up with another headache this morning. YUCK However, once it is under control it seems to be gone for the day. I must be grinding my teeth.

I got to sew yesterday , it was so nice, and I get to sew again today. I finished the place mats for a niece and got the tops done on a table runner and 4 placemats for my sister in law. Hopefully will get them finished today, then I can start on the apron for my son in law ( star wars LOL ) and then..... I am on a roll. Actually I expect my sister to show up Saturday so then who knows if I will get any sewing done for awhile.

Rosie Sorry you have a cold, sucks being sick plus it is really bad timing

Brenda That is some serious sleep deprivation you got going GET SOME SLEEP

Quilter7 I hate running but Max and I like to walk, never seem to lose any weight though

WAY TO GO CHRISS

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:46 am

Good afternoon....back from the funeral home I said my good byes and I feel a little better....the funeral is tomorrow morning...but I am not going said good bye today. I need to move on.....This has been giving me a bad time all week. I feel the good thought and prayers from all of you making me feel better...and as a thanks I pray that all of your colds and troubles GO AWAY we all seem to need a break here. I will sew on my bed quilt today...guess what ? this is the first quilt I have bought all the stuff and am making it for ME. My Dh has decided to re do our bedroom and I am making the quilt...Cool. Hope you all have a great weekend sewing and baking and playing Christmas carols and sharing love.
Chriss keep up the good work

katiekoala

Post by katiekoala » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:13 am

I think that it is evening over where you all are it is 6amhere on aSat morning and a very sticky one at that! it is already 80 in your measurments and we are in the middle of some very scary storm cells at the moment poor of Brissie had copped a hammering and there is more to come! it is going to rain today, that is if we son't gat an electrical storm instead which will send my poor little Gimli int fits of hysteria!

Return to “Sew ins”