Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Morning 21st of Nov

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Good Morning 21st of Nov

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:52 pm

Hello all,

Grammie,what a fun Christmas you are going to have..hope all went well at the funeral home..... tell us about your new quilt... what is the pattern?. DH has probably cut his smoking in half... one reason is because I don't buy them for him or me anymore so he has to go get them himself.... extra hugs for you grammie....love ya'

Rosie, hope that cold goes away soon... I have a bit of a cold and cough... I would be thrilled if my nose would clear up and I could breathe... what a blessing that would be.....

Brenda, lol what a hoot... so??? how did you do while sleep quilting? too funny.

Jacquie, I have never put the scissor thing or the pocket on the front of any thread catcher I have ever made... the pocket in front on my pattern is for the seam ripper.... your sis will love it and not even notice the scissor thingy is missing.... I machine sew my binding to the front then hand sew it on the back... but next time I will try Els method of sewing it both ways on the machine...sew it to the front, flip it over and stitch in the ditch ... I don't care for hand sewing.....

hi there Cathy, I won't tell a soul about the dresden plate deal... I promise.... hope you're having a fun day and that you post a picture when you are done, I really want to see it.... how is your son doing?

Q7, you go girl... how cool... I was thinking how I needed some exercise too..... I could stand to drop about 75 or so pounds myself... I have a cd called walking away the pounds and it is a 3 mile walk in 45 minutes.... it has been a while but maybe I will dust it off.... I do need to get this body moving before it rusts...lol...let me know when you get to that mile mark... how exciting....

Grammy2, I don't think the cherry tomatoes will be there much longer, but they sure are great in a salad... and you are so so right, store bought just aren't the same...

Thanks Sandy and Maw.... the support of this forum has helped a great deal... you all are the greatest.

Chriss

Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:57 pm

popping on to say hello! I will read later and catch up I came home with no energy so I think I will fix some hot tea and cut out some more luggage tags to sew. They are going to be my gift tag for presents this season along with making green bags for grocery shopping which will be my wrapping paper.

mommyquilts

Post by mommyquilts » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:26 pm

Brrrr....its cold here too! But no snow. I've been so busy this week I haven't checked in at all.

Marilynsgrammy! 2 weeks! oh yea!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:08 pm

Good evening....Hope everyone is having a great evening....I am up in my sewing room to work on a quilt....It is blue and tan all thimbleberry fabric....all 6 inch squares..9 patch alternating with pin wheels....4 to a block surrounded by lattice...I am still working on the details....but I have made half of the 9 patches....I am going to try to order enough fabric for a matching bed skirt...and I'd like to scallop the borders....this is going to take some time and I will let you know how it's going.
Chriss you are going to be an exsmoker now Welcome to the club you really should be very proud and encourage your Dh by telling him how much better you feel...and walking will make you feel better...don't worry about the weight it will come off , Love to all Judi
Sewcarolyn...those are great ideas...I made pillowcases to wrap my gifts...I use green bags all the time now.

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:39 pm

Who hoo I'm doing a happy dance.
[/img]

I finished my 5 Christmas lap quilts!!!! Just finished the last stitch in the binding of the last one :-) Now for the labels and on to the making "bags" for three of the other grandchildren.

I'll post pictures tomorrow over in photos.

Vicky

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:46 pm

fine Vicky...I just convinced myself that I needed to take a break from my Christmas projects and I come here to find that you have finished 5 quilts....looks like this will be a short break because now I am feeling guilty :)

I have made 4 luggage/gift tags since I got home from work 2 hrs ago though

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:47 pm

Chriss......

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:20 pm

Congratulations to Chriss!! We are all proud of you - and know that it is a hard battle to conquer!

I am thinking of a flannel quilt - it's 19° here now and only 8 PM. Brrrr!

DGD left this afternoon - DB coming tomorrow. We have a revolving door this week!

DH and I winterized the 5th wheel today - just in the nick of time, I guess. Makes me sad to think we won't be using it for a while. Had hoped to take a trip to TX in January, but I got a summons for jury duty for the month of January!

I hope everyone has a great evening!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:22 pm

Carolyn, you are too cool.thanks for the dance and I like the gift tag and bag idea.... very clever....

Judi, your quilt sounds beautiful.. .blue and tan are so great together and the design sounds perfect.... I have been looking at taht winter porch quilt in the photo section...well, the pattern is in one of the very few QIAD books I don't have... but will get it soon with that smoke free money.... don't know why but it really has caught my eye....

Oh Vicky, great job... can't wait to see the pictures.. you have been working very hard, you deserve ice cream.....

Thanks Ann, maybe you can go to Texas in Feb instead??

My son was just here... he is a volunteer fireman and had some free time so he went to the fire station ( all volunteer) and cleaned out the fire truck and washed all the fire hose and re-stacked it in the engine.... so he calls me to let me know he is hungry and would be here in a couple of hours...... what a thrill..he ate a ton of chili cheese dogs and drank most of the milk..... I love my 20 year old baby boy... he makes me laugh so much that I snort then he laughs at me for snorting... he is the joy of my life... just thought I would brag.

Chriss

Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:12 pm

Chriss..your 20 year old sounds like a wonderful young man...You know I have a lovely 19 year old daughter ;) Julia, the 19 year old is the one in the white pants. Izzy is 21 and has a great boyfriend (she is the one in Boston)
[/img]

Return to “Sew ins”