Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

happy tuesday November 18

Daily discussions.
Irishgram

Re: happy tuesday November 18

Post by Irishgram » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:56 am

It's a cold day here in SW. Pa, sunny at times, but cold...I've been cooking and baking up a storm most of the day and it's time to quit! I guess, when the mood strikes, better take advantage of it...Now it will take all week for us to eat it, lol.....
Heading for the sewing room for an hour or so....
Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone!

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:14 am

just popped on the say WAY TO GO CHRISS!!!!

hey Chriss my family will be at Yosemite over Memorial Day. We are going camping and hopefully my daughter's boyfriend will be bringing his parents. I do want to meet them they live in Conn. and I am sure that they will one day be my daughter's in-laws. she and Jeremy have dated for almost 4 years while in college and I love him to death. His mother is paralyzed from the hips down due to an accident and she loves camping so the valley will be perfect.

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:01 am

*Smile*

WAY to GO Chriss. Keep at it. For me it helps to have a sports bottle with water on hand to satisfy that hand to mouth motion.
Twizzlers help also. And keep quilting like a maniac helps too.

I just finnished the binding on the bc quilt.
Alina created a VERY beautifull label for it.

The quilt will be handed to it's recipienmt tonight at QIAD during the BOM. MeQ, Be PROUD of this project, you are in charge of a wonderful El's Pink Angels Squat. Hats off to you lady.

OKay, time for me to hop into the shower. I have to be at Alina's at 2:45.

Yes lol, I did take a few hundred pictures, and will see if I can find some time to download a bunch. I really think Alina, Oasis and Michelle their pictures says it all. I will post the pictures of the show and tell of both sessions. Many made wondefull quilts, which will be an inspiration for all of us.

*FluFF*

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:49 am

Im sorry Chris you get three long distance huggs from me for keeping at something so hard to do good luck and god bless enjoy the rest of the day sewing.

fabricgirl

kadie

Post by kadie » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:59 am

Just a quick hi ladies!
I have snuck on here while Ken is on the phone.
Hope you are all having a great day, and a special YAY FOR CHRISS!
I have been off the ciggies over 10 months now, so I admire you VERY much as I KNOW how hard it is to give the little buggers up. I still have cravings. Good Luck!

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:12 pm

Hi Everyone!
I just got home from work. I need to go trim HST and sew a few birds and nests (Birds in the Air). DH is not home tonight so waiting for a phone call.

T - I hope you will download some pictures. The pictures so far of the retreat just make me want to be there!!

Carolyn - Yosemite is such a beautiful place to camp. It will be so pretty next May!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:26 pm

Grammie, it's getting way easier... I am getting a small cold but that is no big deal... for the last couple of days I haven't even hardly thought of cigs... between you all and God I can't go wrong...

Hey Jacquie, nice dance.......thanks.

Carolyn, the weather reports are wonderful for the park.... the news said they may be closing part of Camp Currie because of the rock slides but there still are a lot of flat nice camping places hope you all enjoy it.... there are even quite a few nice flat little trails for a wheel chair that would be pretty... just make sure you get there before they shut off the waterfalls....lol....

thanks Tul, now that you mention it I remember your smoking twizzlers... in lots of flavors if I remember right... wasn't there a website... I will have to find it....

Thanks Kadie and Fabricgirl... I apreciate the support... it is so working.

you all have a great night,
Chriss

Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:55 pm

congrats Chriss....it's been 5 yrs since i smoked..and I dont miss them..........

Return to “Sew ins”