Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Monday Morning to you all!!! November 17th

Daily discussions.
IowaGal

Re: Good Monday Morning to you all!!! November 17th

Post by IowaGal » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:54 am

Ken's son is in the hospital. He had back surgery on friday and is having a 2nd one done today. Ken has an awful cold and will not go see him, as he remembers how bad it hurt having back surgery and getting a cold. His son is mad his dad won't come to see him. Ken doesn't want to get him sick. He was no where to be found when either ken had his surgery or when I was in the hospital. This is the redneck wedding groom, BTW. He wants someone to come up to the hospital and sit with his wife. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL that is going to happen. The guy is almost 31, he isn't a kid..... If he really wants pain, Ken should just go up and see him, let him start coughing while that is healing, and he will know what pain is all about. GRRRRRRRRRRR

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:09 am

Hi Everyone!
Iowagal - I too am glad to hear you did not break a toe. I know the reason the make steel toed shoes is to protect those toes. I think it is funny, but maybe you should consider getting some as suggested.

Sandy - Sounds like a lot of work, but it must be nice to have things reorganized and neater. I am sure you will enjoy having your sister around.

Nancy/HappyMrs - Your idea of Banana Nut bread is inspiring me. I have three overripe bananas. I think I will wait until this evening to make them. It is going to be a bit warm and I do not want to make it hotter in the house right now.

I have finished the tossed nine patch from the "Romancing the Rose" charm pack. I bought some of the coordinating fabric (not crazy for it) and thinking about that for the border. I am not sure I like it. I was thinking maybe it needs a black border. What do you think?
[/img]

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:37 am

Carol, that is a beautiful quilt. Yes I'm on the computer instead of cleaning. Ugh. I guess I better get to it.
Lori 8-)

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:36 am

Quilter7 - that's a cute quilt. Looks like a great Valentine's Day quilt.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:46 am

Oh Cindy, I think you are correct! Maybe that is why I am having a difficult time with the border. The off-white with the rose petals is the fabric I thought I would use. I am just not sure it works. I was thinking maybe a narrow black border between the quilt and the rose petal border might be better.

I was going to give it to my DH's stepbrother's wife who has MSA (Shy-Drager syndrome). Now I am thinking it may not be appropriate, although I think she would love the colors.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:18 am

IowaGirl glad to see that your toe isn't broken I hope your bathroom gets done enjoy .today Im working ong my tossed nine patch hope everyone is haveing a wonderfull day Im also in the mist of makeing a pot of soup .

will check back later.
fabricgirl

Evie

Post by Evie » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:35 am

Carol, that's a beautiful quilt!

Have you thought of a solid red as in Kona Cardinal for the border? Hobby Lobby and Hancocks has it.

Sharron, hope your toe feels better soon. I always seem to be kicking something when I don't have shoes on.

Hope everybody stays safe in S. Calif.

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:38 am

Whew I am taking a break. I have made a major dent in DH office and my sewing room. Now I have to fine tune everything and I think that is the worst part. LOL

Quilter7 - I think a black border would look very dramatic on your quilt I like it and I think it would appropiate for the lady with MS, what better gift than love....

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:05 am

Thanks everyone for the comments! I had thought of red, but feel I need to use up the rose petal fabric, because it is not my favorite. At least it goes with this quilt. There is not enough of it to make back the quilt either. Sandy Thank you for the vote for black border then rose petal. I think it will be what the quilt needs to "frame" it.

Fabricgal - What fabrics are you using for your Tossed Nine Patch?

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:34 am

Taking another break, I'm pooped. I am making progress, at least I have huge piles all over the back porch. I'm starting to be grateful we have a SMALL house or this project would be a lot worse. LOL

I thought I would put my current projects into a basket to keep in the other room. I had to get a bigger basket, had more going then I thought. Most of it will be fairly quick to finish, thank goodness.

I got a cord stuck in the vacumn cleaner so I had to turn it over OMG it was so full of thread I am surprised it was picking up anything....LOL

Back at it, the more I get done today the sooner I can sew tomorrow

Return to “Sew ins”