Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Monday Morning to you all!!! November 17th

Daily discussions.
momof6quilts

Good Monday Morning to you all!!! November 17th

Post by momof6quilts » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:20 am

Very chilly here this morning with a dusting of snow.

Got to get back at schooling today. I plan on sewing this afternoon.

Vicky

IowaGal

Re: Good Monday Morning to you all!!! November 17th

Post by IowaGal » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:32 am

Don't think the toe is broken, as it doesn't really hurt today, and I have broken toes 4 times, so I know! It is pretty black and blue though!

Am working all day today than back to working on that bathroom tonight

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:52 am

Good Morning,

glad that toe isn't broken Iowa, maybe you need steel toed boots..not fashionable but saves the toes....?

hope you all have a wonderful day.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:19 am

Hello All...very cold here..Sharon..Glad Your toe isn't broke!...I broke one before...Yes...U do Know if it's broke....and You sound like the energizer bunny...working on your house....It is a never ending thing..,because there's always updating light fixtures and other things.....but, I think tearing the Kitchen apart is the hardest......Or a bathroom?.....You all have a good day!....Bev

happymrs

Post by happymrs » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:30 am

Good morning ladies!

Had a light dusting of snow yesterday morning, but just cold here this morning, so far. At least the wind has died down again. It's been blowing lately & making it really cold, burrrrr! Tis the season, oh well!

Working on some hand turned applique, which is kind of new to me, as I haven't done much of it, or recently. Like it so far, will post pics later when I have some to show on the quilt top.

Good day to stay home, may make some banana nut bread. Tried them as muffins the other day, good, but bread comes out a lot moister, so may do a loaf today.

Hope all is well with the rest of you!

Nancy....

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:05 am

Good morning y'all. I'm at work again. Imagine that! I was out of town at my BFF's over the weekend. We went to a beginner HQ16 class and then we loaded my Christmas quilt and I got it all quilted. It's ugly. You don't use an HQ16 to stitch in the ditch with no ruler to guide you right out of the chute. But I sure learned a lot this weekend and I can't wait to go back out there and quilt another one. Next time I'm going to use a panto.

Sharon, I haven't had time to go back and read yet. What happened to your toe? Happymrs - banana nut bread sounds so good? I need to go read if any of our forum members were affected by the fires in CA. BBL

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:27 am

Morning glad your toe is ok....Sharon....maybe you need steel toed shoes lol. Ironing today then a trip to the LQS, I have a fart craving to make a thimbleberries quilt in blues. and flowers for my bed....My DH was talking about re doing our room...after the holidays...So a new room will need a new quilt...right? bbl I was looking at the Julian retreat pics ya gotta see them how cool!!!!!
How ya doing Chriss? your not close to the fires are you?

Cindy my first quilt didn't come out to well on the LA either it is gonna take practice I bet it's not that bad....we are our own worst critics.....

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:08 am

Good Morning We have heavy fog here this morning unearthly looking...

I had a surprise/shock yesterday. Jump started my tush in gear. My sister is a long haul trucker and she called to say that her company had fired a bunch of people including her. She sold her house several months ago because she is never home so she had no where to go. Surprise she is coming here. I love my sister and am happy to take her in while she figures out what she wants to do, BUT We have a very small house and I already have my Mom living with us.

My sewing room is also the spare bedroom and since I figure my sister might want a little bit of space I need to clear the room sooooo... That means I will move my sewing machine in my husbands office. Of course there is no space in there either soooo... We have a shed in the back yard that is full of stuff we never use anymore soooo.. It is the snowball effect.

I spent yesterday clearing out the shed (talk about junk) and piling stuff on the back porch. When DS gets here we will take it to Goodwill and the dump. I managed to move 2 of the big grey plastic four drawer units full of fabric, 4 totes full of fabric and various rolls of batting into the shed. I have two black garbage sacks of clothes that I will never wear again out of the closet. I just have odds and ends left to deal with.

Today I will start on DH's room. Makes him nervous for me to sort "his" room, but gosh it's gotta be done......

No sewing for me today, tomorrow who knows when......

And I HURT EVERYWHERE........

Iowagirl - sounds to me like that toe might be broken. I break a toe at least once a year. Few months ago I fell off the front porch and broke two at a time.

Chriss - Hang in there you are doing so well......

Grammy2

Post by Grammy2 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:33 am

beautiful day here in Cali. should be around 85-90 today. Hope everyone in the LA area is ok. boy do I remember not being able to go outside cause of the ash. It filters into everything.

Brought our motor home back from the desert yesterday. Last wkend we had to leave it cause the wind was blowing 50mph & couldnt drive it home. It was a mess on the inside with the dirt. Oh well its clean for Thnaksgiving now :)

Need to do a little cleaning & do some laundry and make a couple of table toppers. Lets see how much I really get done :o)

Have a great day

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:51 am

Well it looks like everyone is off to a good start.

Sandy, I'm tired just reading everything you're doing. lol

I need to clean and garden today. I was going to do it over the weekend, but we were disrupted by the fires. The smoke has gone down a lot, so I'll be able to get some things done today. Maybe a little sewing later in the day.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”