Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Monday Morning to you all!!! November 17th

Daily discussions.
mommyquilts

Re: Good Monday Morning to you all!!! November 17th

Post by mommyquilts » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:13 pm

Hi all! Just got out of school, and don't feel like doing my homework just yet.

Grammy2-I'm jealous of your heat wave, but sad about the fires. Its 70's here, and I'm wearing a hoody!

Iowagal- glad no broken toes, but be careful you don't lose your balance moving around too fast and break something else.

Q7- Black would be good, but what about the green you have? That's the color that struck out to me, and I like all the others mixed in. I wish my tops were so pretty!

Sandy5689- I had to move all my sewing stuff this past weekend, its tough. I had a lot of guilt too because of the unfinished projects. You are a good person to take your sister in, my family lives too far to help in a crisis. You rock!

okay...gotta find something for dinner and pretend to care about my homework. bbl

mommyquilts

Post by mommyquilts » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:15 pm

Oh yea...Iowagal...I don't blame you for not wanting to go up to the hospital. Why doesn't the wife go be with family instead of sitting up at the hospital? I was sick from an asthma attack and fussed about not seeing my little guy who was only a year and a half. So I ignored the warnings and begged my husband to bring him up, and he promptly got the stomach flu. Poor kiddo! I was being selfish...and Ken's son will just have to get over it...we don't always get what we want.

Send a card!

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:01 pm

Carol I think the idea of a small black frame would set off the quilt, and it would be a nice gift for someone who is ill, warmth and a bouquet of flowers that will never wilt.

IowaGal...I agree send a card and he can suck it up his wife's Mom can put on her sandals and come sit with her. they can sneak in their beer and all will be well

I am going to sew some more luggage tags tonight and relax. We just took our little 14 year old Boston Terrier to the vet and he now has medication for arthritis. He was given a pain shot and I am sure he will feel better tonight.

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:34 pm

Good evening. We've had flurries on and off today. Try to explain to 5 yrs. olds that just because there is snow does not mean it is winter. Heck, in Cincinnati it could be 70 next week.

Iowagal, if she's old enough to be married, she is old enough to deal w/ a hubby in the hospital. As for Ken not going - smart move, and not just because he is under the weather.

Carolyn, I grew up w/ Boston Terriers, but now have mutts. Did they give your baby rimadyl (sp?). It has worked major wonders on a couple of my dogs.

I'm going to sew tonight and get everything together for tomorrow nite's sit and sew. m I'll be going out there straight from work so need to put overthing in Big Red tonight.

Sharon, glad your toe is going to be OK. I have broken Mr. Right foot 3 times (don't ask) and it is no fun wearing that darn boot around, not to mention driving.

If I'm not back, have a great evening.

Rosie

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:39 pm

Carol I vote for the black too!

I am wiped out tired today. Sat night/Sun morning I got a call my grandma(she is 87) was at the hospital, she has starting having choking spells, they think she has had a mini stroke cause her voice has also changed. They asked me to come down and "sit" with her Sunday afternoon until this afternoon. I still couldn't sleep Sat night after hearing about her. So I drove down Sunday afternoon and and made her food and took care of her. I got her to the Dr this morning for her MRI (she got a big ole fight about the contrast with the tech) got her home and fed. I tried to sleep last night but I woke up every time she made a noise.

I hope your toe heals Sharon.

HUGS

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:13 pm

Happy Mrs... do you need my address to send that banana nut bread to??? sounds so good warmed with butter and a cup of coffee....

Grammie, the fires are way way south of me... I am in Central Calif about 45 minutes from Yosemite National Park... but I really feel for the families in the fire zone... just must be awful to loose everything... or to be evacuated and not know what to go home to... And on another note... DH has decided to try to quit smoking too... guess DGD asked him a few times this weekend if he was going to die ... struck a cord with him and he will try it... pray hard... he is a two pack a day guy....

thanks Sandy, I am surprising myself... but do appreciate all the good words from you all... it really does help.... Ugh, you have been very busy.... hope you get the living arrangements and sewing arrangements all figured out....

Iowa, but... if Ken went there and the kid got sick he would never forgive Ken for making him sick.... I don't think you will ever win.... as for the "someone to sit with the wife" can't you call "hire a friend" ;-> lol

Q7, that tossed 9patch is gorgeous... I love it... would be great to snuggle under with some banana nut bread don't ya' think?

well, dh has dinner on the table , check in later.

Chriss

Exodus 33:14

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:18 pm

Hi Everyone!
Thanks Carin and Carolyn! I appreciate the input. I wish I had some black but will need to go to the store. LOL

I have been sewing with breaks to do a little cleaning. I only have 72 HST to cut and trim. The Triangle Square Up Ruler makes it easier and more accurate, but still dealing with a very sore wrist. Maybe I can get 24 more cut this evening.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:21 pm

Chris - I still have the ripe Bananas, the house is too hot to turn the oven on still. Thanks for the comments. Those are the charm squares for $4.00 in Miscellaneous cuts. I purchased 5 packs so I have some left over. But for $20.00 it looks very good!

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:23 pm

Dang Carol such hardship to have to go fabric shopping ;O)

Chriss That is so wonderful your hubby is going to stop too! I will continue to pray for you both.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:37 pm

Chriss - Glad to hear you DH is also going to stop!! Now you will not be able to go back, if you do he will too! I wish you both success!

Carin - How is your Grandmother?

Return to “Sew ins”