Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

GoodMorning Everyone It's Sunday November 16, 2008

Daily discussions.
institcheswithrosie

Re: GoodMorning Everyone It's Sunday November 16, 2008

Post by institcheswithrosie » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:17 am

We had a very light dusting of snow this morning, but I was glad to see it. I love winter. Meanwhile, DH is freezing. Such is life in my house.
Didn't make it to church this morning, just too pooped from last week. It looks to be another busy one coming up. I will get a little break w/ a sit and sew Tues. nite.
I've decided to really work on diminishing my stash. I have just too much stuff. Fabris is up to $9 a yard, and I have enough to keep me busy for quite a while. Of course, I may have to get a "little something" every now and then.
Ladies, have a good day. Hope things get better for those of you near the fire.

Rosie

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:28 am

Thanks grammie, it would be fun to walk in the snow... but only once... It is beautiful but every so often it snows aobut 2 inches here and after the second day I just want it to go away... don't know ow your girls do it....

MM, what are you making ??? I wanna see..... please.....:-}

Lori, hope that fire stays away from you.....

I found a quilt top that I made when I took a class to learn how to quilt.. .I had the backing attached and attempted to stitch in the ditch.... I since have learned just where the "ditch" is and all about 1/4inch seams....lol... I bet there isn't a 1/4 inch in the whole top....

Well I am taking the backing off of it and trying to salvage it... I love the colors and it is a sampler quilt.... it will probably never get finished... but at least the backing will be off of it.

I also found some funky blocks that I had attempted to make.... I will never get the hang of a bear paw or a flying geese... but I won't give up either....lol

Just stopping for lunch, hope you all are having fun

chriss
Psalm 91

mommyquilts

Post by mommyquilts » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:53 am

Alright. I've been staring at my fabric and decided its all over the house and that has to stop. I'm spending the rest of the football day to sort and cut. I liked quiltville's idea of organized scraps. I won't get anything sewed, but at least I can find it!

Institches...I'm with your DH! Its mid 60'sish and I'm freezing in layers and making more hot tea! I'm trying to talk my DH into moving to someplace warmer in 20 years, but he's not having it. brrrrr!

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:05 pm

Well I had a shock this morning.... My sister called about 8:30 my time this morning. She is a long haul trucker and the company just went through and let several people go including her. She sold her home a few months ago (since she is never there) and really has no where to go so she is coming here. Alrighty then.. I love my sister and we get along fine so this is OK for the short term until she figures out what she wants to do.

We have a very small house and I take care of my mother so there is not a lot of extra space. My sewing room is the in the spare bedroom and since she will be here for a couple weeks (hopefully) I thought I might give her some space soooo... That means I have to move my sewing table to my husbands office. Of course there is no space in his office soooo... I have to clean out that room. Ok, we have a storage shed in the back yard full of stuff we never use sooooo... it is a snowball.

I have spent the day cleaning out the storage shed, good grief there was a lot of junk, and I do mean junk, in there. I got half of it cleaned out and moved the two 4 drawer storage units that hold some of my fabric into the shed. I also moved 4 plastic tubs of fabric out there. Now I just have to figure out what to do with all the odds and ends, clean all the clothers I no longer fit into or wear out of the closet. Then start on DH room..... It makes him nervous when I sort his room, he is a worse packrat then me.

I am piling stuff on the back porch so when my sister gets here in a week or so we can make trips to Goodwill and the dump. Might as well put her to work. LOL I am actually kinda glad that this happened I have needed to to this major sort for a long time and this finally got me moving.

Are we having fun yet??????

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:19 pm

Got the supper dishes cleaned up DH is vegging in his office....I came up here to my sewing room to pick up and try again to put a binding on a quilt. I keep getting side tracked..oh well

IowaGal

Post by IowaGal » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:48 pm

I never knew how good a shower can feel!!!!!!!! I have my jammies on and I am POOPED. Alas, when we bought the tub we asked for a tub door and the salesclerk said this was the one. However, after I cut the bottom track and was getting ready to install the side rails, I realized the door is about 18 inches too tall. BIG SIGH>>>>> We rigged up a curtain and will have to take it back tomorrow, so although the bath is usable,it isn't DONE.

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:49 pm

Hi...I too have stayed in today because of the ash raining down. I finished 3 shopping totes, 1 for John and it has already been put to use with his Target Run (I stayed home because of the air quality) I cut binding for 3 quilts, and dipped 2 bags of pretzels in Butterscotch or chocolate and decorated them with fall leaf sprinkles to send to Izzy in a basket for Thanksgiving. I bought the basket fro $1.99 at Michaels (marked down from $9.99) and made a basket lining from cute fall fabric sent to me by my Nov. SP.

all that is on right now is fire coverage....

well now on to hand sewing ;(

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:58 pm

Iowagal how is your foot? hope it is just a bruise.

dforseth

Post by dforseth » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:23 pm

It is time for a shower and bed.

After waking up way TOO early I did some quilting before I got ready for church. After church and lunch I finished quilting my queen size "Tossed Nine Patch". The binding is on and waiting to be stitched down.

Have a wonderful rest of the evening.

Debbie
Debbie Forseth
:D

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:06 pm

Hope everyone has a great evening....Still pulling for ya Chriss.....Snow is gone for today.....but it's cold out....

Return to “Sew ins”