Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Saturday, November 15, 2008

Daily discussions.
MAWmum

Re: Happy Saturday, November 15, 2008

Post by MAWmum » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:17 am

Afternoon ladies!

Chriss WOOHOO!!

Kadie sounds like you have a really busy day ahead of you, I hate mowing the lawn.

I am being the biggest slug today, I cleaned yesterday and you can't even tell so I am on strike. The kids can clean up the messes they made!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:55 am

Chris thats great keep up the good work I am in the mist of getting ready after dinner to cut out a tossed nine patch but that wont be sent out I think I will do big stich on that it's only going to be a lapsize .

will come back later.
fabricgirl

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:59 am

Talk about being a slug! I'm IT! I napped most of the afternoon with DH, it's raining, I guess that's why!
Threw together dinner - a slab of fried ham, buttered noodles and pork and beans and baked some brownies. It was easy and good.

Chriss, your metabolism has probably slowed down without the cig. and maybe that's why you are sleepy (I don't know what my excuse is, except I still have this dumb virus). You're doing great!! It's a good sign that it doesn't bother you to be around a smoker...it means you're almost there!!!!!! I just wish it was that easy for me...

I'm hand quilting my new Christmas tablerunner (what's with all these tablerunners??) from Sarah's Mystery #2. Just decided to hand quilt it instead of machine--it's nice to do when I'm watching TV with DH.

Y'all take care!
Joanne :0)

BarbieJean

Post by BarbieJean » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:18 pm

Good evening ladies. I am cutting wool clothing apart from the thrift stores. I have some wool patterns I would like to put together. When you wash and dry the wool is there a certain feel the wool should have. How do you know when it is "ready"?

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:44 pm

Evening all.....it is still raining here...changed to snow for a few minutes and then back to rain....Since my DH does woodworking for a hobby I asked him if he could build an ark....LOL....I believe he is looking it up on the internet as we speak.....Hope it rains on the folks that are having the fires...hope everyone is safe.....

dforseth

Post by dforseth » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:22 pm

I have managed to get a queen size half quilted today!!! I have "rumpitis" as my sister would say. I think I will walk around for a while and get the feeling back.

Debbie
Debbie Forseth
:D

mommyquilts

Post by mommyquilts » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:33 pm

Well, so sorry ladies, it sounds like we sent y'all in the East some yucky weather. Take heart, it was sunny and warmer here today, so it will come to you soon.

Chriss...you rock! It took my husband meds to make it to day 8!

I spent all day cleaning the kitchen, moving food to the new fridge, which is very nice. It actually makes ice! How nice! I pouted so much about losing my sewing station that the kids said I could move out their old toys and use that space. They were sweet. Then, to one-up the kids, my DH said I could have half the garage (along with the cold, spiders and camping stuff). well, they are trying I guess!

gotta make dinner! bbl

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:46 pm

Hi Everyone!
So who has some rain to share? Southern California sure would welcome a great big rainstorm!!! The sky is filled with smoke and ash for as far as one can see (about 40 miles). It is very warm today and very dry. My home is in no danger. However, please say a prayer for those who have lost their homes and for those who are in any kind of danger. The news has been horrible.

Since the mayor asked us not to run major appliances today this will be a short visit with everyone. I decided to go purchase fabric before the sales tax went up. I had a gift card to use. Well I got beautiful fabric for a quilt for my brother. His 50th birthday is next year. I will be making him the Bear in the Woods Quilt. It should be fun to make.

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:49 pm

Must be a slug kind of a day. I didn't do much either and then took a nap. DH is cooking dinner and that is wearing me out just thinking about it....LOL I may have to go to bed early, There is always tomorrow

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:51 pm

Good Evening gals

Just came up from the sewing room to fix some supper.. Took my little nap this afternoon then ran into town for a frozen pizza!! Grabbed some mini chocolates and the clerk said "you must be single" MAN is it written across my forehead!!! LOL

Managed to finish 9 of 16 Christmas stockings today--tho I have to admit... I cheated and didn't line them.. They are mostly for decoration at work, so I didn't put my heart and soul into them as I would normallly have.

Joanne, don't feel bad about being a slug..... some days are just meant to do NOTHING!!! I do enjoy a good day like that from time to time--if I could only get over feeling guilty about it!!

Have a great evening

Return to “Sew ins”