Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Saturday, November 15, 2008

Daily discussions.
9patchfav

Happy Saturday, November 15, 2008

Post by 9patchfav » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:43 pm

Good Morning to Ya'll.

I am up at 1:40 am due to the stormy weather we are having. Wind and rain like we haven't seen in quite some time.

I hope you all have a geat day sewing, quilting, knitting, or resting! Maybe today I will be able to sew some? Hopefully! Stay safe and truly have a happy day!

Be still and know God. :)

Susan

fabricgirl

Re: Happy Saturday, November 15, 2008

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:34 pm

Goodmorning Im up just looking on the computer getting ready after I have a cup of coffee to go in to my sewing room and finish up 2 borders and try to pack my quilt up and send it out to be quilted that is if I can get out to the postoffice I sure do hope just maybe it will stop raining long enough for me to do that after that I will start another project I have to make a lap size quilt for my sisls new dog that she will be getting in january hopefully I will get it done a an xmas gift will see.with this Im getting coffee will check back here later.

fabricgirl

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:25 am

Good morning. We are having yucky weather too. At least it has stopped raining. I have to go get backing fabric for one quilt and also get the 2nd one cut out. I have to get 2 quilts done for Christmas. Have a good day.
Suzette58
Suzette

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:30 am

Good morning.....Raining cats and dogs here gloomy and already had WORDS with Dh this morning....somedays I wake up crabby......other days I let him sleep. Finishing a twin quilt needs binding....also doing pillowcases to match a couple of quilts I already have finished.... I will need to go to LQS for a couple of things....And to the Home Depot for a pipe thingy for under my vanity...leaking....My DH hates plumbing (hense the crabby part)....bbl

mommyquilts

Post by mommyquilts » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:21 am

Good morning! Coffee is good today! The sun is shining, but I know its cold...I heard the heat kick on and I have it set for 55. brrrr.

I'm off to take one of my boys to merit badge college for scouts, then gotta move all my sewing stuff. snifff....my MIL is giving us her old fridge, which is newer than our current fridge but it doesn't fit in the old spot. So, my kitchen table (where I do all my sewing) is being displaced. I think its my DH's ploy to keep thread out of his soup!

Have an awesome day, even in the gloomy weather. I will be back later!

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:30 am

Good Morning Every one!!

HAPPY SATURDAY!!!! Actually "slept in" until 8 this morning, having my first of many cups of coffee and checking in here before I get butt in gear and start the mile long chore list!!! OH dear, where to start! All the house chores that I ignore during the week are staring me in the face!!!

Stopped at Joann's last nite on the way home from work, just to see what's on sale... picked up a few pieces of Christmas fabric (like I needed more-NOT!) so that's going in the wash first thing. Between loads of laundry I'm hoping to finish up some Christmas stockings for co-workers and another table topper. Also have to finish moving some things around for DD's arrival tomorrow (hopefully)

Waiting for a phone call from DD to let me know where they are in their route home from AZ. Am hoping they don't run into any weather issues coming up through Iowa!! (How's the weather down there???)

Will stop by later today to check in again, for now, time to get charged up and get some work done!!!

Have a great day!
Marymargaret

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:46 am

Good Morning, just having my first cup of coffee DGD is here for the weekend so that means I may be too busy playing to sew, but I will get some sewing in.

Susan, hope that weather calms down for you...

MM... hope your DD has a safe and uneventful trip...

Mommyq, hope you find a corner to sew in soon...

Grammie, sorry about the rain, It is supposed to get to 70 degrees here this weekend...come on over... we can have a chat N sew... but may get interrupted to read or play candy land once in a while...lol.

Suzette maybe everyone should come here for the nice weather?

Fabricgirl, have fun sewing...

Chriss

Psalm 91

jacquie2

Post by jacquie2 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:21 am

Good Morning Ladies! It is going to be a beautiful fall day here in way northern California. I didn't get my DSI's thread catcher finished yesterday, heck I really didn't even get it started. So I hope to work on that today. I got side tracked practicing my machine quilting...I need lots of more practicing!

I visited quiltmaker.com to look for motifs -- and darn, they have re moved virtually all of their free motifs! How disappointing!

I hope ya'll have a great day and I'll check back in later! Happy trails, jacquie

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:25 am

Good Morning from the Mountains of Colorado! Watched the 2 sewing programs on PBS, got some good ideas. Finishing 2nd cup of coffee, then I'll feed DH and 3 dogs. I'll have to clean house today :( I've spent so much time in the last 2 weeks getting DH's computer reloaded with programs (he crashed it in Canada)that the dust is deep enough to sign and date!
Maybe there will be sewing tomorrow?!

Blessing to all,
Lyn

dforseth

Post by dforseth » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:06 am

I watched Quilt in a Day on PBS, finished pinning a queen size quilt, and started quilting.

Have a wonderful day.

Debbie
Debbie Forseth
:D

Return to “Sew ins”