Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Nov the 14th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: Happy Nov the 14th

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:33 pm

Carin....take care hope your BIL is okay and Hey Kids entertain each other DON"T THEY?????? I am the oldest of 8 kids and we did....I would pass out paper and crayons and challenge them to make pictures for mom and dad and gramma and whom ever.
Everyone take care talk to you later....tomorrow.....love you all........Chriss your strong you can do it.......You make it to 1 month and I'll contribute to your fart also.....send me your address...XXXOOOJudi

mommyquilts

Post by mommyquilts » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:45 pm

Hi all! It finally snowed here, enough to cover my van....lol! It was dang cold today, even after the sun came out. My poor boys, I told them it snowed but by the time they got up and out the door the sun was up and melted it....hehe.

Wish I could do a quilt retreat for sure! no fair...

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:27 pm

Chriss...thank-you I do feel blessed to have my lovely daughter in my life. Both of my daughters are kind, loving and giving I think John and I provided good role models and they both stayed active in Girl Scouts through their Senior year in High School..another great role model for girls. Julia is compassionate and passionate about helping people, especially her wonderful friends. She is a Peace Studies Major in College and I can't think of a better Major for her.

CHRISS.....ONE WEEK DOWN...WAY TO GO!!!!

plans tonight....
continue to work on hand sewing the circles for a quilt and make chocolate covered pretzels to send to Izzy who can't make it home for Thanksgiving, which just the thought of it makes me cry...and for my nephew who will be in New York this Thanksgiving instead of home.

I will be back here too I can only hand sew for a while before my finger hurts someday I hope I can find a thimble I like. Do they make kid sized thimbles my fingers are so little

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:21 pm

Met csusio at the quilt show today. She and her friends are warm and wonderful I felt right at home. I had a good time and bought some cool stuff and made a new friend. It was a great day.

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:24 pm

Sandy-I met Susi in July when she was visiting her darling DIL Alina and we did a shop hop...she is wonderful///even if she did get us lost ;) right Q7?

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:32 pm

WEll, here I am in between watching the new Tinker Bell movie and the Polar express... both are good movies and if the granddaughter had her way she would lay on the couch and watch Polar Express from now till the end of time... which is where the mean grandma comes in and makes her bathe and eventually go to bed....

Jacquie, I have only made one tote bag but am pretty proud of myself... I lined it and guessed at how big I wanted it... it turned out ok.... I want to make some for Christmas presents too.

grammie, I would like to go to Julian too, problem is at work because T-giving is the busiest time of year no one can have vacation days during that time... so I would have to lie and call in sick.... my fear is always that I will get caught lying... so I don't.... I think they have another camp session in the spring.... maybe one day I will take advantage of it

thanks Carolyn... I can't hardly believe it's been a whole week... and I am doing pretty darn good... wouldn't mind smoking but I won't do it....

Sorry, gotta go play ants in the pants.... really really sorry...lol

hugs,
Chriss

Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:55 pm

We had a wonderful Meet and Greet in Julian today. I'm downloading pictures to Photobucket as we speak.

Alina/Apolta, Sharon/Grammy2, Susana/"T",Michelle/SFOquilter, Winnie (my friend) and I all met at Romano's for a pizza. We stitched on the signature patches to the three "Angel" quilts then got to go out to the camp and watch the presentation. We got to meet Carolj and of course El. We missed Gmaann but got to look around and see some of the beautiful quilts being made. The camp is so nice. Autumn all around you.

I will post pictures as soon as I can get them from Photobucket. Hope all of you had as nice a day as we had.

Linda/Oasis
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:20 pm

Linda it sounds devine!

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:21 pm

BIL is being admited to the phyc ward for a while, neices and nephew are home. I am tired.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:23 pm

Hi Everyone!
Nice to see that everyone is sewing and having a good time.

Linda/Oasis - Can hardly wait to see your photos. I wish I could have gone but I made a promise so I chose to work instead.

Yes, Carolyn - It was so nice to meet Susie in July during the quilt run. We didn't really get lost did we? I thought we just took the scenic route. LOL

Return to “Sew ins”