Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Nov the 14th

Daily discussions.
luv_2quilt60

Happy Nov the 14th

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:51 pm

Hello Everyone,,
Up early here....You all have a good day....BBL

SewSew

Re: Happy Nov the 14th

Post by SewSew » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:28 am

Good morning! Cat is fed and coffee is on, just waiting for DH to get downstairs and have a light breakfast.

I have to drop Victoria off at work at 8:00 am and then I am home all morning to enjoy some sewing. I will be working on a quilt top for a customer and looking for a ufo that I want to load on the frame and get started on quilting. I know I have this nine patch scrap quilt top somewhere but I can't find it.LOL I guess that is when you know that a ufo is really old, you remember making it but don't know where you put it.LOL

kenderosa

Post by kenderosa » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:47 am

Hello Quilters! Sitting here enjoying my first cup of coffee. I love the Pecan flavored coffee this time of year. Mmmmmm
Finally completed the hand stitching on the binding of a quilt I made for a Christmas gift from our church members to our Pastor. Can't believe it's finished BEFORE the due date! LOL Off to finish a few other UFO's!

SewSew- You look good with that new HQ! I know you are having fun!
My day will come!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:05 am

Goodmorning all Ive been up verry early and am working on borders for my Lovers Knot hopefully when my DD gets here today she can help me down load pictures for this quilt I just can't belive how nice this quilt is comming out .Sew Sew you look so veryy happy with your new baby lol and keep on quilting Kenderosa glad you have yor project done Bev Have a great day .

fabricgirl

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:22 am

Sew... your new toy looks like a lot of fun... and Victoria looks like a pro.... she does beautiful work.

hope you all have a super day... after work I am going to sew then sew all weekend... I want to make some tote bags...

Chriss

Psalm 91

lazymaple54

Post by lazymaple54 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:39 am

Well I'm having my first cup of tea. Going to leave work early today because I have a quilt retreat weekend starting at 4 today. I've got tons of things to get ready before I leave. Can't wait. I've got alot of Christmas present projects planned for this weekend. Hope that comes true!!!!!

Everyone have a great weekend and happy quilting.

Sandy

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:19 am

Gee I wish I had time for a quilt retreat. Sounds like such fun.

I packed last night to go to my BFF's after work this evening. I'm going to play with our HQ-16, read the manual and watch the DVD before we take our class tomorrow morning. I decided to use wool batting in my Christmas quilt but I don't like how much it puckers up my quilts when I was them so I decided to prewash it. I cut it 8" larger than it needed to be - well, guess what. It shruck up so much I can't use it in my Christmas quilt now. Good grief!!!

Kenderosa, good going on that church quilt.

DewDew - I'm going to find your pics.

Have a quilty day everyone!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:42 am

Good Morning.all....Baking cookies....laundry.....I went on a FART yesterday at our quilt guild. (we had venders come in to sell before our meeting....) I found some snowman fabric to match the snowman quilt I made for a gift, so I will make matching pillowcases for them. ...Hope everyone has a nice weekend......

NO I DID'T FORGET>>>>>>>>YEAH CHRISS<<<<<<<<<<<KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK>>>>:):):):):):):)

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:27 am

:( I had planned to go to Julian to meet our friends today but instead I am going to work for a couple of meetings and then to a Memorial Party (that is what she is calling it) for the father of one of my friends. So instead of going to meet friends I am going to go be a good friend. You know i thought about this last night when my lovely daughter got a call from one of her friends at about 11:30. Her friend was crying because she just got news that a cousin was seriously injured in an accident in Florida. My DD got dressed and drove the 20 minutes to her friend to help her calm down I heard her come home at 3am. Her friend just turned 19 and is also a college sophomore. The girls have been friends since they were 4 and my DD has always been there for her. This lovely girl lost her Dad when she was 10 and then her Mom died 5 days after she turned 12.
long ramble but I am so happy that my daughter learned how to be a great friend by watching my husband and I and seeing how special friendships are.

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:29 am

This morning is so nice here in San Diego, not so nice near Santa Barbara where the fires are scouring the town of Monticito. Lots of celebs have homes there.

I'm getting ready to leave for Julian and to mee Alina/Aplota and Sharon/Grammy2 then to hopefully find the rest of the retreat campers.

Cindyg......you should sign up for the Julian retreat for next year. It is a beautiful place.

I Will have pictures later the evening.

Linda/Oasis
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

Return to “Sew ins”