Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

the chickens are up on thursday november 13th

Daily discussions.
Sandy5689

Re: the chickens are up on thursday november 13th

Post by Sandy5689 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:58 am

I found a website that carries 225 different Wilmington Prints including the Natual Splendor

http://www.hayloftfabrics.com/cgi-bin/f ... ton+fabric

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:36 am

Thats a really pretty line of fabric.

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:27 pm

What a quiet day it is here

kho

Post by kho » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:40 pm

Hello everyone,
It appears the cleaning fairy made an appearance today and dad gum if she didn't look just like me. I have a few things done,and Imust say my computer desk looks great.
Got outside and pulled some burrs out of the horses tails.
I have a friend coming this weekend. He has a friend who is looking for another horse. The problem is the 2 they have in mind at are ones I don't want to sell. I offered up a different one, but I don't know. I've been in situations like this before, where I let them have what they want. Then I spend years regretting it. I think I don't want to disappoint them and sometimes I think that the other person should have something nice and it's what they want. Pray I can stay strong and not sell the 2 I want to keep. Sandy who is getting very worried over this-and I don't want to screw it up again.

mommyquilts

Post by mommyquilts » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:45 pm

Hi all! Thank you for your kind words yesterday...my student's parents came in and cleaned out his locker, and it was really emotional, but in a good way. He was a very loved kiddo.

Its sunny here, but chilly and windy. Definately sewing weather!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:47 pm

Grammie, I just love you... thanks, you are a bright spot in my day...

Maryq, is that your quilt with the cardinals? it is beautiful... I love cardinals.

Thansk Rosebud and Q7... I appreciate the support.

Joanne, every day gets better... but I am so tired of an evening... I sometimes fall asleep before 8:30 pm... and it is easier if I take something to read or do on my breaks and lunch at work... but it would be very easy to bum a cigarette.... tomorrow will be a whole week, I am so so jazzed....

Now Sandy, don't you sell any horses you don't want to give up... you just may need them to pull that red corn picker if you can't get a gear for it.... you know you love those horses better than the person wanting to buy them ever will.... stand firm...

you all have a fun night, I will try to check in later

Chriss

Psalm 91

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:18 pm

Good evening. Interesting day at work. The teacher was absent, so the other paraprofessional and I ran the class. It really worked well. We kinda did the good cop/bad cop thing and the kids stayed in line and actually seemed to learn a little. However, I am tired.
I think I'll go do some of the second set of HST's for the guild's mystery quilt. I have too much time and money invested in it not to finish, but boy am I getting tired of it. I know I won't do much because I really need to go to bed fairly early. Tomorrow may be a repeat of today. Oh joy.
Sounds like everyone's DH is starting to be their best for Santa. Mine not only stripped the bed the other day, but put on clean sheets and washed the dirty ones. WOW
Well, off to the machine. I need the down time and it is so darn much fun.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:19 pm

HI all almost done with my Lovers Knot I think that is 1 of the most easiest quilts that I have ever done it went together like butter on a hot roll well tommrow I will finish it by adding borders I will be so glad when it's done so I can pack it up and send it out . Well I will clothes sothat I can hit the sheets .

Goodnight All .

fabricgirl

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:27 pm

Chriss, i am so excited for you.....I know you will feel better....I know it and will continue to support you forever if you need it YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!YES.....YES....YES....Your stronger than any dumb cigarette. Brush your teeth...drink a ton of water.....take a walk...if I was close I'd come over and quit with you even though I quit already.......Love and Hugs....

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:38 pm

Funny story. One of the local news channels did a report on hoarders, people who collect things. One picture showed a very crowded room and DH asked if they had taken pix of my sewing room. I told him no, I thought it was his shop. We both are guilty of having more than we will ever use and had a really good laugh.

Return to “Sew ins”