Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

the chickens are up on thursday november 13th

Daily discussions.
Quilter7

Re: the chickens are up on thursday november 13th

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:49 am

Hi Everyone

Chriss - I am cheering for you!

IowaGal - Your son is a great bowler!

Suzette - I also think flannel would be a good choice if you cannot find minkee to go with your quilt colors.

I hope to continue trimming HST for the Birds in the Air quilt this morning.

Happy quilting!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:53 am

Joanne - go look in gen. fabric discussions. I brought it back to the top for you,. Look in "Gorgeous fabric" and pictures of Natural Splendor are there. That's just the fabric I bought - it's not the entire line. In person this fabric is so vibrant and beautiful even if it is orange-y.

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:14 am

Cindyg - THAT'S IT!!!! That's what I saw and really loved! The border print is my favorite - and I just love panels (they help my little brain to design a quilt). You know, it's funny about the orange..I dearly love a "orange sherbert" color...it's the dark oranges and brights, especially, that I don't like! Isn't that weird? This year, though, I made a tablerunner for Fall, so you know that it had to have the orange in the fabric, but now that I'm working with the Fall colors, I kinda like them! I've heard before somewhere that if you force yourself to work "outside the box" with colors, you will grow to like them all...must be true to some extent.
Thank you for finding the pictures for me...

OPPS! gotta fix brunch for my DH and DS3 - they'll be back in 15 min. for biscuits and gravy!!!

BBL
Joanne:0)

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:00 am

Oh yeah, Joanne, that border fabric is out of this world. I am really enjoying working with this fabric because it's just down right pretty!

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:24 am

good morning..I have about 25 minutes before the EARTHQUAKE (drill) and am trying to get organized so that I can run to a kindergarten class to help out with 2 of my students who are autistic. Drills are confusing to them and I know since this is a drill for all of Southern Calif the sirens will start going off too and our school is almost adjacent to a hospital and fire station. The local ambulances will be bringing victims to the hospital so it will be hard for the boys.

Gindy-that fabric line is wonderful Orange is my favorite color but I seldom decorate with it because the paints and fabrics are usually too garish. I think that is why I love the autumn Batiks because the oranges are so nice. I will have to find the fabrics you posted.

ok gotta go...be back after the quake

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:34 am

Good Morning

There is something really bright in the sky this morning, I may need sunglasses today....

I was on a bowling league when my daughter was a baby (just a few years ago) and am not a great bowler but I do enjoy it. My average is 132. DH and I were ion a summer league and one of the ladies bowled a 300 it was awesome to watch.

Is it just me or does it seem like there is a lot death around us lately. So many posts on people getting ill and dying. A friend of mine was telling me that her SIL just dropped dead at 20. She had an undiagnosed heart problem. What a shock that must be to her family. I was actually awake last night thinking about this. Sorry to be so morbid this morning

On the bright side, the sun is shinning and we have a new moderator named 'DD' , oh the jokes coming her way!??!? LOL

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:42 am

Morning all! Just popping in to say hi!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:03 am

It's funny I get on here and I still have to find some where to get backing I went to Joanns they didn't have the color that I wanted well I should say they had the color but they didn't have enough and when I asked when they would be getting some he said maybe next week or the week after so I told him thats not doing me any good so back to square 1 well I guess I will close and go to the sewing room and try to put the last 4 rows together and then I can start cutting the borders out well all continue to have fun I will check in later.

fabricgirl

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:23 am

Need a break! I'm machine quilting my Fall tablerunner--

It's awfullllyyyyyy quiet here...

I've got stew in the crockpot, so dinner is taken care of. I see a little sun outside now..not much, but a little! It's about 58 deg. now, not bad.

BBL
Joanne:0)

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:28 am

WOW That is some awesome material on the Wilmington Prints website. The Natural slendor is georgous and so are a few others. The Early Frost or the Wildwood Wildriver would make fabulous guy quilts. I think I may have to buy some....

Return to “Sew ins”